[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Conjuring 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: conjuring2.jpg (813 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
conjuring2.jpg
813 KB, 1280x1897
James Wan was too busy swimming in money from Furious 7 to give a shit about this movie. Tons of jumpscares. Shit characters. Horrible pace. CGI was crap. Don't waste your money on this film.
>>
>>70858819
>>
>>70868437
ayy OP got rekt
>>
File: Amorth-exorcist_1860474c.jpg (26 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
Amorth-exorcist_1860474c.jpg
26 KB, 460x287
True story though.
A priest came to bless the setting of the movie.
A FUCKEN PRIEST!!
>>
This, much like the first Sinister really frustrated me because it would tease you with moments of absolute genius only to piss it all away. So many moments, mostly poorly executed jump scares that would remind me I'm watching a horror movie made for teeny boppers to see so they can talk about how hilarious it was when Stacey jumped so hard she spilled her popcorn. It frustrates me because I know James Wan is better than that.

The nun was a great creature design, but everytime she exposed her vampire teeth or eyes glowed with CGI it completely deflated any tension the scene may of had. She was the sort of villain that should've been kept out of focus or at a distance.

The portrait scene was almost one of the greatest scenes ever in a horror movie until she charged at the camera holding the portrait. Went from genuine 10/10 pure horror to a fucking Benny Hills sketch in the span of a second. Makes me so mad, Wan just keeps teasing you with moments of brilliance and then says, oh wait, this movie is mainly for kids so does pandering horse shit.
>>
I don't really care for haunted house movies, but Wan's form is actually pretty incredible and turned what could've been a lifeless slog into something decent.
>>
Best movie ever.
>>
>>70868961
i agree that the set up for everything was fantastic. wan knows how to build tension. but the execution always fell flat. i was genuinely on the edge of my seat during the portrait scene. but the climax for it was just terrible.

on top of that the balance between the horror and the modern day life was just off. you'd have a dark twisted moment followed by everyone laughing and joking the next day. it underplayed the seriousness of the situation
>>
>>70869823
>i was genuinely on the edge of my seat during the portrait scene. but the climax for it was just terrible.
The thing is the pay off Wilson getting impaled was a fine way to end the scene. The only bit I really had a problem with was her charging at Farmiga holding the portrait. It was so fucking goofy. After pissing around and baiting the audience with the portrait for a bit Farmiga should've been lured into that other room, saw the nun behind the pillar, asked what do you want and then have Wilson impaled. The scene would've remained masterfully done, the only thing needed to be omitted was the nun charging at the camera. Also when the nun kinda snarled and showed her vampire teeth at Farmiga when hiding by the pillar, that was fucking retarded.

>you'd have a dark twisted moment followed by everyone laughing and joking the next day. it underplayed the seriousness of the situation
From what I recall that only happened when the Warrens arrived at the house which seemed fitting to me. They deal with this kinda shit all the time, so it's not a big deal to them and they want to try and lift the families spirits. I really liked those moments.
>>
>>70868259
so edgy.
>>
>>70868437
This and

Wan already said he turned down " a life changing amount of money" to direct furious 8 for this movie.

Go to bed OP. You fucked up
>>
>>70871463
(1/2)
Pros:
>the portrait scene was almost one of the greatest scenes ever in a horror movie
>the nun is almost a terrifying villain
>the crooked man is a great concept
>wilson and farmiga are great actors
>the sweet scenes between the warrens and the happy ending were earned and very well done
>the prospect of wilson being killed as depicted in the premonition was an interesting plot point that added tension to the movie, something the first conjuring was completely devoid of
>wan's great camera work
>title sequence was fucking amazing

Cons
>the portrait scene isn't one of the greatest scenes ever in a horror movie because Wan wanted to appeal to teeny boppers with the nun charging at the camera holding the portrait
>the nun isn't terrifying because we keep seeing her snarl at the camera, with CGI glowing eyes and vampire teeth
>although the crooked man wasn't CGI and was played by an actual actor, due to POOR LIGHTING and framing of shots he's looks computer generated, completely taking the audience out of the scene and ruining so much tension the scene could've had, sure it was an actual actor doing it by Wan didn't bother to have the scene lit or framed properly to make it horrifying
>the majority of the scares are trash, the jump scares aren't "cleverly thought out", one or two were, but the majority of the jump scares are unnecessary
>>
>>70871769
(2/2)
Poster >>70858819 is a fucking retard. I appreciate Wan and his efforts, his horror movies are legions above the usual studio horror trash, but far from perfect. Conjuring 2 has so much genius, but he keeps pissing it away which makes it so fucking infuriating to watch. When I sit watch something like Annabelle, Devil's Due, The Forest, Devil Inside I don't get angry because I know they're gonna be shit and generally have nothing good going for them, I am not surprised by their shittiness, there's nothing to get angry about.

When I sit and watch Conjuring 2 I get fucking infuriated because it easily could be so much more if Wan didn't keep pandering to teenagers who want to watch it just so they can talk about how hilarious it was when Stacey jumped so hard she spilled her popcorn.
>>
>>70871463
So what? It's doubtful the next FF film will make more than the 8th
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.