[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommend me movies about bodybuilding in ancient times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: arnold.jpg (81 KB, 714x440) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
81 KB, 714x440
recommend me movies about bodybuilding in ancient times
>>
>>70864028
there was no such shit, people trained to kill not to homosex.
>>
>>70864028
Spartacus tv show
>>
>>70864028
I thought I was the only one curious about this.

What kind of exercises/lifts did guys in ancient rome/greece do back then to get all swole and /fit/?

>1x5 deadlift (weight: 1 concubine)
>5x5 wine jug curl (weight: 1 full wine jug)
>>
>>70864269
OP here

something made before the 80s please
>>
>>70864321

They picked up heavy rocks. Carried heavy rocks somewhere else. They were more occupied with being strong than having big, well-defined muscles.
>>
>>70864440
How did they measure weight progression or did they just do it by feel?

>this rock I've been carrying to the baths for the past 3 weeks is starting to feel light
>I should get a heavier rock
>>
>>70864028
What's with all the loose change? Why not just slap on 2pl8 or whatever that all adds up to?
>>
>>70864387
>ancient times
>before the 80s
>>
>>70864508

>>I should get a heavier rock

Yes. Exactly this. That's all you need to get strong.
>>
>>70864549

Smaller plates makes drops sets easier.
>>
>>70864969
>easier
by that do you mean faster?
>>
>>70864644
I'm not OP.
I mean the 80s were like 30 years ago.
I'm 26 and I don't really consider more than 30 years to be a particularely short amount of time as far as a human life goes.
>>
>>70864223
Ancient Greece did both
>>
>>70866842
ancient
adjective

belonging to the very distant past and no longer in existence.

Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome etc
>>
>>70864440
>They were more occupied with being strong than having big, well-defined muscles.
They were concerned with both, Greeks were very into aesthetics.
>>
>>70864321
Spartans trained with bodyweight exercises. They were doing pushups and shit while waiting for the Persians at Thermopylae.
>>
File: belvedere_apollo-3.jpg (1 MB, 1866x2800) Image search: [Google]
belvedere_apollo-3.jpg
1 MB, 1866x2800
The athleticism of ancient civilizations is a little exaggerated and over romanticized by later Renascence artists. They would've been average build for an active male who wouldn't walked miles every day etc. Hence the statue of Apollo here who was regarded as the pinnacle of male form
>>
>>70869917

Whenever there's a weird log awkwardly there, it'd because the stone statue is a copy. The original is bronze and has been lost to us. The stone copy would need the extra log for support.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.