[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror movies that actually scared the shit out of you,pls no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: are there.jpg (14 KB, 236x295) Image search: [Google]
are there.jpg
14 KB, 236x295
>>
Some Freddy movie when I was about 10 and my parents went out to a wedding.
Had to close my eyes at one point.
>>
Blair Witch
Halloween
>>
>>70860407
Was that about 3 years ago?
>>
not horror, but requiem for a dream scared the fuck out of me when I was little. that fridge scene is messed up.
>>
>>70860356
Candyman
When that little boy getting hispee pee cut off
>>
>>70860356
>pls no sci fi shit
Event horizon
>>
>>70860356

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, when Augustus Gloop gets sucked up the tube. LIke nigga that kid is going to fucking die and you're not helping him wtf. Age: 5-6

Neverending Story, I think around the time when the horse is in the quicksand, it's been a long time. Age: 8-9

The Guyver with Mark Hamill, Mark starts spontaneously transforming into a cockroach-thing and you can still see his eyes [shudder], this transformed body promptly drops dead. Only years later did I realize that it was Luke Skywalker. Age: 9-10, watch it alone with all the lights off at two in the morning. That stayed with me.

BrainDead, I was randomly flipping channels one night and landed on the last five minutes of the uncut film with no setup, no context. This giant puppet on a roof is unbirthing this guy and then it explodes. Later I learned to like the movie but seeing that out of the blue was pretty wild. Age: 17

SAWIII when that one guy is being twisted like dough, not so much a scare/genuine disturbance like the above, as a big squick, like why am I here watching this, what am I doing with my life. Age: 19-20
>>
>>70860356

Some of the Unsolved Mysteries stories scared me more than any movie. I think it as mostly Stack's creepy voice.
>>
Don't think i've ever actually been scared from any fictional story. It's too hard to take seriously.
>>
The VVVVVitch
>>
>>70861009
this
>>
Black Christmas.
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
>>
>>70861203
the same thing happened when i was a kid. i was channel surfing and landed on "the lord of the flies" when they're doing the hunt reenactment. i had no clue what was going on, but it unnerved me to no end. then, when they killed piggy, i was like fuck this, fuck that, where are the fucking adults??? of course, a few years later we read the book in school and i went back to watch the movie to see if any of the old feelings came back.

also, (this one didn't scare me tho) i walked in a few minutes late to a theater showing "saw" and just assumed i had missed the part where the guy on the ground had been murdered. added tremendously to the "oh shit!" reveal

another time, i was high as fuck and went to see "hostel" one afternoon. the kids working at the theater decided to let me in for free but wouldn't tell me why. little fuckers almost gave me a heart attack
>>
the VVitch. Slow burn of fucked up.
>>
When I was a kid, Jeepers Creepers used to terrify me.
>>
>>70860356
pre-/b/ days : henry:portrait of a serial killer
>>
>>70864837
Too generic of a story. It had atmosphere, but was in no way scary.
>>
>>70860356
Babadook un ironically
>>
>>70864917
same.

several episodes of "are you afraid of the dark?" though not when re-viewed as an adult
>>
>>70861729
L-L-L-L-Lemme guess: you 're the person who always answers when asked about a horror movie, with: "I didn't like it, it was terrible!"
>>
>>70861729
gr8t contribution. thanks for sharing!!!
>>
The Fourth Kind
The movie was alright but the "message" at the end tied it all together perfectly.
Ayy lmaos scared me that night.
>>
>>70865878
Oh! And Hostel
I guess I'm afraid of being powerless in situations
>>
The Banshee Chapter was good.
It Follows was ok.
>>
>>70860356
I know what the replies to my post will be, but having played horror vidya has probably made me unable get frightened by a movie where things happen anyway.
>>
>>70860356

“We wanted to make another movie with [William] Fichtner [from Drive Angry]. Imagine two posters… Imagine Bill Fichtner on one in black combat gear, like tactical gear… He’s got a gun in his hand and he’s got three big fuckin’ nails hammered into his forehead that are dripping blood and he’s holding something in his hand, and the poster just says, ‘Rabbit.’ Then [for the second poster, it would be Fichtner’s] hand and he’s holding the box and the [poster would read], ‘Rabbit Hole,’ and that’s it.”

“The idea essentially was that we never see the story of Frank getting the box. So imagine if Frank is actually the darkest version of [“24’s”] Jack Bauer and [the] Nicolas Cage [character] from National Treasure. It would have been the evil National Treasure story.”

“In the beginning [Frank] is going to get the box, and he’s in Shanghai. He gets caught and they [the captors] hold him down and they hammer these fucking nails into his head, but he gets free and kills everyone. But he does get the box which is being held by this guy who looks like he’s all bloated and has been ripped apart by the Cenobites. Frank steals the box and then… bad things happen.”
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.