[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I went to see this last night at the theater, and my mom met
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
So I went to see this last night at the theater, and my mom met up with me. I had a feeling it wouldn't end up well because as soon as I walked into the theater, virtually everyone was overweight and wore glasses. Nerds tend to have the worst sense of humor but I wanted to see what the hype was about, especially since it has such a high rating on Rottentomatoes. So the movie begins and the fake Swedish subtitling joke gets run into the ground very quickly, yet everyone keeps laughing like it was so priceless. Then the galloping coconut bit comes on, which I will admit, was pretty funny, but even that got stale after awhile. I'm not going to explain every joke and why or why it was not funny, but to make a long story short, my mom left the theater after about 15 minutes and asked for her money back, and I sat there just waiting for it to get hilarious. Best part was the killer rabbit and the narrator getting killed, but other than those two scenes, I was just baffled by the things the people thought were so humorous. Oh, and after the movie goes to black and the organ plays for a couple minutes, literally the whole theater explodes with clapping and laughter. I swear, I have NEVER cringed so hard during a movie experience in my life. So, /tv/, have you expereinced embarrassing moments at the theater?
>>
>people think this movie is funny!
>but i dont think its funny!
>what is wrong with me?
>>
>>70859853
>implying the bit where the guy's running up and the guards do absolutely nothing to prevent their fate wasn't fucking hilarious
Also how had you not seen this before
>>
>>70859853
you're mom sounds hot. post pics
>>
>>70860412
That part was also funny
>>70860389
I never said there was something wrong with me, you idiot
>>
You sound like a boring uptight bitch. your mom hates hanging out with you
>>
>What is your name?

>What is your quest?

>What is your favourite colour?
>>
>>70860619
Not as boring as this shit flick
>>
>>70859853
>Sherlock Holmes ends
>lights come on
still a bit high from joint earlier
>walking out and see older gentleman with a nervous-looking asian woman
>wonder if she is a kidnappee
>holmesslowmotioninvestigate.webm
>a couple of normies point and laugh saying someting about sherlock holmes
>selfcringe and leave the scene
>>
>>70859853

OP I love the film but even I'm tired of watching it. It's a case of revolutionary comedy at the time at which we're use to now, and been improved. Like Monty Python some things work better than others.
>>
I honestly think the swedish subtitling joke is the funniest part of the whole movie
>>
>>70859853
Nice blog bro
>>
File: 1465597352208.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1465597352208.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>70859853
>>
>>70859853
obviously fake. if it were real there would have been more descriptions of the numerous autists quoting every line from the movie
>>
>>70860690
YELLOW
OH NO WAI T BLU-
>>
>>70860412
Best part desu
>>
Nice job naming one of the least funny scenes in the movie, family
>>
File: Knightni.jpg (105 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
Knightni.jpg
105 KB, 500x276
You asked for it op

NI!
>>
>>70859853
Life of Brian is much better anyways
>>
>>70861294
NI!
>>
>>>asked for her money back

Is this something people actually do? Or just another 'no singles policy' type /tv/ meme?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>Drumming intensifies
>>
>>70859853

>he left his house to see a movie

NORMIES GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Helph, help. Im being repressed
>>
>>70859853
Maximum pleb detected.
>>
>>70859853
>a group of classically educated brilliant men create one of the best comedies in the history of cinema
>pleb doesn't get it
Must be Tuesday.
>>
Life of Brian is better anyway
>>
File: 54354543.png (721 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
54354543.png
721 KB, 1280x720
There are some who call me..... Tim.
>>
>>70860555
oh you did anon, you did
>>
So a local cinema does local fans a favor and plays a classic film in their theater. Even though its 35+ years old and every one knows what is, she gets bored and asks for her money back.

There is 0 suprise that some little shit who was raised by this horrible, unintelligent woman could not appreciate the more subtle humor in this film. Enjoy Ghostbusters 3 buddy. Theres a lot of pee pee and poo poo jokes for you in that movie.

Seriously though your mom sounds like a REALLY shitty person.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.