[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s opinion on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: the-princess-bride.jpg (88 KB, 682x812) Image search: [Google]
the-princess-bride.jpg
88 KB, 682x812
What's /tv/'s opinion on this?
>>
I've actually never seen it. One of those 'beloved classics' that has just seemed to pass me by over the years.
>>
I binged the first 10 frames and decided it wasn't for me
>>
Godawful soundtrack/score.
>>
MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA. YOU KILLED MY FATHER. PREPARE TO DIE.
>>
funny af - post webms plz, youtube a shit
>>
>>70860970
MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA. YOU KILLED MY FATHER. PREPARE TO DIE.
>>
>>70861129
STOP SAYING THAT!
>>
it's funny. rob reiner was doing some great stuff at that time
>>
>>70859835
Don't bother. Its overrated as fuck
>>
>>70861170
I wouldn't say it's overrated, but it's nothing special. Just a simple romance comedy adventure.
>>
>>70859925
i'm a fan of this movie, but you're absoultely right.it got the horrid "lets just use synthesisers and pretend its' an orchestra even though its 1987 and they don't sound anything like real instruments" treatment. Once I noticed it, I couldn't unhear the crappyness.
The soundtrack was by Mark Knopfler. wtf man I thought you were good at your craft?
>>
Memeist movie ever.
>>
>>70861265
Why would Mark do this to us?
>>
>>70860970
Why is this scene so quoted? I watched this for the first time a couple years ago and it had very little impact on me. I wouldn't call it bad, but I just don't see it
>>
>>70859793
is that the one where they time travel or am i thinking of a different one?
>>
File: PrincessBride.jpg (121 KB, 1600x871) Image search: [Google]
PrincessBride.jpg
121 KB, 1600x871
>>70859793
Only time I ever found Robin Wright attractive was in this movie.
>>
>>70861482
He's been training his whole life and looking for the person who killed his father.
>tfw he says "I want my father back, you son of a bitch."
>But he'll never get him back and his victory is just hollow.
>>
it's not very funny. honestly, even a knight's tale has better jokes and is more enjoyable. this is a movie that so many cargo shorts wearing IT workers have loved for so long that it's somehow considered good now, but realistically, it's boring af and the jokes are stale or weren't very good to begin with.
>>
>>70861513
Bill And Ted?
>>
>>70861529

holy fucking shit I had no idea that was her
>>
>>70861574
no, but I think it had cary elwes in it
>>
>>70861552
This, watched it not so long ago for the first time and it's honest to god meme movie. Some parts of it, most noticeably the narrator, are either unneeded or underutilized.

Also it has very comfy vibe but a lot of it's parts go to the extreme gruesomeness: beyond being obstacles on hero's journey, they are more like torture for the sake of torture ( aside from literal torture I remember the bog dog and the country leader fucking heroes up to an unreasonable extent).
>>
>>70861552
I love A Knights Tale
>>
oh right it was Enchanted I was thinking of

not sure why I thought cary elwes was in it
>>
>>70861547
Isn't that pretty normal in fiction though? I guess the movie is older so it might not have been as basic of a plot point back then (although obviously this had still been used countless times in stories before the movie's release)

But I suppose the line you mentioned was pretty good
>>
>>70861576
>>>70861529
>holy fucking shit I had no idea that was her

Nobody knew, because she was so upstaged by prime Carey Elwes, even straight men couldn't stop looking at him.
>>
File: 1465304743791.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1465304743791.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
Its a great movie that won't be liked here because its quoted to hell and back by people.

In the time of my youth, before humanity lost all of its creativity and became retarded, it was a loved by everyone.
>>
>>70862820
it isn't funny
>>
>>70861513
>>70861647
Timeline?
>>
>>70859793
Literally alright
>>
>>70859793
5/5, easy.

That was back when Jews were charming and made good movies.

Man what a great flick!
>>
It's hilarious and a good movie. I honestly have no idea what the fuck is wrong with all you people.
>>
>>70862866

It's a good combination of humor and fantasy.

It also has the basic love story that men and women(non-feminists) both like.

Even the kid isn't grossed out by the kiss at the end.
>>
>>70863037
Edge.

Slagging an awesome movie is the new 'being tough', because they couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag.

It takes some getting used to, but don't worry about it.
>>
It depends

What do other people think of it
>>
reddit the movie
>>
HURR DURR I'M SO SELF AWARE
>>
The Wonder Years kid was in it.

His name was Savage.

Columbo was in it too. Andre the Giant, Mandy Patinkin, Billy Crystal, etc etc etc.

It was a great movie. I watched it with my daughter not too long ago and she was like 'Holy Fuck Dad! You really know some awesome movies! Not like this Frozen shitfest!'

I was so happy and proud.
>>
>>70863249
How old is your daughter that she says 'holy fuck' to her dad?
>>
>>70863129
Underrated
>>
File: 4chanrabbitproblem.png (238 KB, 931x691) Image search: [Google]
4chanrabbitproblem.png
238 KB, 931x691
>>70863287
35, she was born when I was eight.

Any more questions?
>>
>>70863249
>quote from your "daughter"

You blew it.

It's a good movie though. It's kind of nice that it has a fun story anchoring it; it's not just endless memes. Though the meme jokes are good meme jokes; they're just nonsensical enough to be funny without being "le epic reference joke". Like never staring a land war in Asia.
>>
>>70859793
It's funny if you allow yourself to laugh at it.
Watch it with some lads while drinking, and I can assure you you'll find it funny.

Most cucks itt went in expecting it to be a le reddit meme movie or whatever, and already decided to hate it.
>>
>>70863374
My girl wouldn't say shit if her mouth was full of it, but she was blown away at how good it was.

We watched Children of Men recently too. She did once say 'holy shit' while we were watching it.

She thinks I'm a movie picking God. Straight up.
>>
the jokes in the movie aren't funny. the meta in the movie is outdated. i guess if you liked it when you were 13 or whatever, it can be good for nostalgia, that's the only level of appeal i can see.
>>
>>70863542
So what's the meta now? CGI, no story and capeshit, with music telling you how to feel at the moment in case you were busy with your phone and haven't been listening?

Hollywood needs to die and movies need to be reborn.

The meta right now sucks shit.

https://youtu.be/k6MlwT1lBk0
>>
>>70863608
no need to throw a tantrum and proclaim that all of modern cinema is bad because someone doesn't care for the campy, outdated fantasy comedy you like because of nostalgia
>>
>>70859793
Pure shit and Rob Reiner is a cuck
>>
>>70863107
I've been on 4chan since the dawn of time but since I stopped playing video games, I stopped going on /v/. I am not surprised by what games /v/ likes and dislikes. For the most part, they are not into shit games.

/tv/ on the other hand has no middle ground. There are people on here who actually care a lot about "capekino" and there are people who would insult me for seeing something as "entry-level" as The 400 Blows.

When it comes to everything in the middle, /tv/ has the shittiest taste.
>>
File: My Name Is.webm (3 MB, 720x387) Image search: [Google]
My Name Is.webm
3 MB, 720x387
>>70860970
>>70861129
>>70861155
>>
>>70863249
What other movies have you shown your wifes daughter?
>>
>>70859793
I absolutely love it. Seems like most of the posters here are contrarians who were too young to see it when it was new before being quoted to to death. Great pacing, characters, and tropes both subverted and played straight.
>>
>>70863107
you devolved to the level of making a fighting analogy because someone doesn't like the outdated, campy fantasy comedy that you like. you categorically equate someone disagreeing with you to them feigning 'toughness', as if them disagreeing with you is them challenging you in some way. so instead of saying why what you like is good, which you're likely incapable of doing in a poignant enough way so as to sway someone, you villify them and make believe they're whatever formative presence in your life that caused you to develop a weird victim complex.

the movie is unfunny and outdated, both the writing and the production are bad
>>
>>70862991
nah man, i was thinking of this >>70861971
>>
It's one of my favourites and in my mind it's perfect in every way.
>>
>But Wesley what about the R.O.U.S.s?
>Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist
>>
>>70859793
I really like it.

Even made my brother and his friend watch it once.

They were mocking me a bit because of the child stuff at first, but they liked it.
>>
>>70859793
It's a classic. One of the best fantasy films of all time.
>>
>>70863774
I forgot how great that scene was.
>>
>>70864100
His delivery of the line about wanting his father back is amazing, apparently the actors father had died and he was channelling that
>>
>>70863909
He's right. You're wrong. Get more triggered next time.
>>
>>70863368
Those numbers don't add up.
>>
>>70859793
As you wish
>>
>>70864293
the opposite is true
>>
File: 1465687603763.gif (3 MB, 265x207) Image search: [Google]
1465687603763.gif
3 MB, 265x207
>>70864404
What about these ones?
>>
>>70859835
>I've actually never seen it.
Then why the fuck are you posting in this thread?
>>
hated it since I was a kid. its so bad its a cult film to some people
>>
File: na45yuh457.jpg (95 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
na45yuh457.jpg
95 KB, 640x425
Honestly my favorite movie of all time desumen.

No matter how shitty a mood I'm in, I turn it on and everything is right again by the end of the movie. Something about the movie just makes me feel so happy.
>>
It's a fine movie. Undeserving of its cult status.
While I think it's usually unfair to compare books to their adaptations, the original book did everything the movie tried to do much better.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.