[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DESTINY IS ALL honestly, this was better than Vikings.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
DESTINY IS ALL

honestly, this was better than Vikings.
>>
>muh fur
>>
I liked them both.

Anything Bernard Cornwell does is great tho.
>>
>>70859080
>I liked them both.
Same
>>
name?
>>
The story and acting was quite good but the costumes and sets were disgustingly cheap and inaccurate

I'm torn between two worlds
>>
>>70859244
The Last Kingdom
>>
>>70859080
Donno, I read his King Arthur series just before this came out and its basically the exact same story.
>>
>>70859395
currently reading the series, on the 7th book atm

they're great books and great material for a tv show

i hope they dont fuck it up
>>
File: 1449199633923.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1449199633923.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
Last Kingdom is way better.

I watched the first season of Vikings and there's a lot of cuckold shit it in like "hey you wanna come join me fucking my wife" (happened twice) or "your wife cheated on you so you have to raise her bastard baby because I said so". The writer even had his IRL wife do a nude scene for no reason. Fuck scandinavia
>>
>>70859817

you are insecure.
>>
>>70859857
>he doesn't like the idea of his wife fucking other men
>dude he must be so insecure
>>
>>70857975
Everyone wears the same shades of grey/brown.

Its the same in game of thrones and the same in Vikings.

The mediaeval/classical ti.ex weren't like this, there was colour! Soldiers wore bright colours, castles were decorated in bright colours! Not everything is grey and brown and drab like some shitty forest back road. Why are historical pieces so afraid of bright colours?
>>
>>70859857
say hello to your wife's son for me
>>
>>70859948

Also, everyone's covered in shit
>>
>>70859947

No, the fact you can't get over it being portrayed in a TV show, or critiquing said show for simply having it present in a time where it is historically sound for such a practice makes you insecure.
>>
>>70859857
He is right.
>>
>>70857975
> it's a Uthred fucks up everything for himself and those close to him episode
>>
>>70860472
you dont know how many moments like these are in the book

he wanted to stun an abbot with his cross but didnt notice it was nailed at the bottom and he stuck it in his skull

whoops
>>
File: le shiteating grin.jpg (29 KB, 296x341) Image search: [Google]
le shiteating grin.jpg
29 KB, 296x341
>>70860336
>historically sound for such a practice
Source?
>>
https://vimeo.com/141540968

the opening is goat
>>
>>70857975
It was fucking great. It didn't have the budget, but it had everything else. The twists were surprising, the deaths gut wrenching. No one had stupid plot armor. Every episode was quality, no filler at all. Bring on the next series
>>
>>70861047
alfreds actor knocked it out of the park
>>
season 2 fucking when?
>>
>its an Uhtred acts like a complete retard episode

smdh
>>
>>70862841
I find it a more endearing character trait than "oh we always so smug and smart, hidden plans within plans topkek, didnt see THAT coming did you?! *teleports away*".
Even that smartass Alfred has his very human moments (that ep in the swamps where he's pretty much a broken man). I can't stand watching so many smug-assholes anymore. With every character in LK i'd like to have ale with, foremost Leofribro, Ethelwald, Alfred, Skopa (has fucked up stories to tell I guess), Ragnar the Younger and even Uthred himself (just so I can see him act like a fool). Oh, and of course Father Beocca. Dude's my personal favourite.
>>
>>70863065
at first i thought father beocca was played by martin freeman
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.