[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the actor of a main character on a TV show ever died, forcing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17
File: lionel hutz.jpg (10 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
lionel hutz.jpg
10 KB, 280x210
Has the actor of a main character on a TV show ever died, forcing the show to end? I cant think of any examples of this. The only actor i know who died during a show was the Lionel Hutz/Troy McClure voice actor and the show wasn't cancelled.
>>
File: Troymcclure.png (15 KB, 253x477) Image search: [Google]
Troymcclure.png
15 KB, 253x477
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from "My Voice Actor, Phil Hartman, was Murdered by his Crazy Wife" and "I Haven't Appeared in The Simpsons for 18 Years".
>>
File: Chink BTFO.jpg (501 KB, 1280x1254) Image search: [Google]
Chink BTFO.jpg
501 KB, 1280x1254
Well the voice actor died like 1 day after recording the character´s last line or so.
The show might as well have ended here.
>>
>>70857710
Charlie sheen going bonkers is close . He didn't die but they needed to get rid of him
>>
When John Ritter died, they killed his character off in 8 Simple Rules and continued the series without him. Can't think of an example where a show was cancelled because of death though
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x169
Basically the Scottish version of the bill, which is the English version of law and order, not to be confused with law and order UK.

He went in for another 20 years.
>>
>>70857710
Tony's mom from the sopranos, Lydia, died. They CGI'ed her into the last few scenes she was in like they did for Paul Walker
>>
>>70857862
Simpsons died with Hartman
THAT SHOW ON TV IS NOT MUH SIMPSONS
>>
Even the guy from Spartacus was replaced by another actor. There may be examples, but I can't find one.
>>
>>70857710
Paul walker and Heath legend in his last film before he died
But those are films tho
And neither got cancelled
>>
There's really just too much at stake to cancel a show out of "respect" for the dead. I don't mean the exorbinant money the execs get, but the crew and writers and the rest of the cast who make the show. You can't expect them to all give up their jobs because one person died
>>
got one or almost : Swayze / The beast.
Agrred, insurance forced the show cancellation because they didn't want to cover a dying actor (he had terminal cancer at the end of the first season).
>>
There was a show in the 80s where the lead actor died after he accidentally shot himself in the head with a blank gun (which aren't as safe as people think) and the show ended up being after the first season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_Up_(TV_series)
>>
RIP Peter Gregory

I'm not too fond of his replacement on Silicon Valley
>>
>>70859306
I agree but it really depends on the show, if it's an essemble peace then the start we can go on but if the actor was the main character there is really no way the show can go on.
>>
>>70859300
There was literally no reason for you to make this post. What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Richard Beckinsale was in a spin-off of Porridge and another show which they cancelled when he died.

Only a few months ago did I find out he is Kate Beckinsale's dad.
>>
>>70859479
OP asked for examples you Assperg child
>>
>>70859553
The surname didn't tip up you off?
>>
>>70859569
these are wrong examples
>>
>>70859479
Top Kek

>>70857710
Yeah that's weird, it really doesn't happen like you think it would. Maybe it has something to do with working keeping them alive, since most people die in retirement or when they stop working. Working for a show keeps you in a relatively safe and boring schedule, a chance that you don't want to ruin with too many drugs or overtly risky behaviour. I guess that's why Charlie Sheen was such big news, he said fuck all that, I'm winning and I'll snort enough coke to send an elephant into shock. And now he has AIDS.
>>
Father Ted - Dermot Morgan
>>
File: 1463870435253.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1463870435253.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>70859653
>everyone with the last surname is related
>>
Glee, more or less. They tried to confine on for a while after the guy died, but the show was already doomed
>>
>>70859697
In showbuisness this is true more than not

It's an incestuous business
>>
>>70859656
>examples
There was literally no reason for you to make this post. What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
The show went on but it wasn't good anymore
>>
>>70859748
Yeah like how Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts and Doris Roberts are related
>>
>>70859750
He got you good anon just concede

It was also pretty funny
>>
Look up Sister Sam.
>>
>>70859801
>Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts

They are related holy Kek anon
>>
>>70858142
>Sheen quit the show after filming the final episode of season 7, purportedly due to his rejection of CBS's offer of $1 million per episode as too low.

>In a November 2012 interview with a Christian website, Angus T. Jones (Jake) said he had recently converted to Christianity and joined a Seventh-day Adventist church. He attacked the show as "filth that contradicts his moral values" and said that he was sick of being a part of it.
>>
>>
One of the human characters in Seasame Street died and I'm pretty sure they made an entire episode about it to teach kids about grieving.
>>
>>70859442
>what is Spartacus
>>
>>70859850
Yeah but Doris isn't you retard.

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: phil hartman.png (689 KB, 1202x724) Image search: [Google]
phil hartman.png
689 KB, 1202x724
Phil Hartman's death did cause the drop in quality of Newsradio
>>
File: Captain Price.jpg (41 KB, 435x616) Image search: [Google]
Captain Price.jpg
41 KB, 435x616
>>70859060

The Bill predates Law and Order AND Law and Order UK, though.
>>
>>70859690
Wrong. They had no intention of doing any more after the 3 seasons.
Dermot Morgan had other projects lined up though.
>>
File: George_Reeves_-_1948.jpg (16 KB, 220x292) Image search: [Google]
George_Reeves_-_1948.jpg
16 KB, 220x292
>>70859300
> I will post about two of the only deaths in film I know about even though they arent relevant to the conversation because I need attention
> and if anyone calls me out on it ill jus call them asspergs, my plan is foolproof

you are an utter faggot, consider suicide please the world doesnt need you

>>70857710
A real example that comes to mind for me is George Reeves from the the adventures of superman from the 1950s, nigga got shot in the head and they had to cancel the entire show
>>
>>70859748
In any buisness this is more true than not.
It gives an extra insurance because you personally know them already.

That means hiring your family, friends, and fellow/past congregants at church/synagogue and friends of those people before hiring strangers.
>>
>>70859801
Did someone call? I'll take it!
>>
>>70859952
They didn't cancel the show immediately, they wanted to make it about Jimmy Olsen but it didn't get renewed
>>
>>70859874
My best friend in highschool was cousins with Angus. We went to a private Christian school and he was in the student lounge one day. I fucking regret not talking to him. But his family is super religious Jesus freaks, and even though I'm a Christian, I still think him denouncing the show that made him famous was fucking low. It wasn't even that dirty. It was a fucking prime time sitcom, how bad could it have been?
>>
>>70859909
You completely disproved your own point. Especially when we have access to the Internet.
>>
File: 1465160462509.png (552 KB, 642x646) Image search: [Google]
1465160462509.png
552 KB, 642x646
>>70859952
I just realised that picture i posted could easily be the new dubsman, read about his death its actually pretty interesting
>>
>>70859890
Sarah Jane died?

I did wonder why they never brought her back for anything

Goddamnit.
>>
>>70860001
>off by one.
>>
>>70860034
>disproved your own point

Why do you argumentative faggots always talk like this? It's a chinese imageboard you sad faggot
>>
>>70859114
Worst part of that show for me. The first episode is literally to buy them time to deal with her death. That lamp bug plot literally goes nowhere. Can't blame them though, it was damage control and the first 2 episodes really show it with how poorly written they are
>>
File: Transmet15_014.jpg (717 KB, 1619x994) Image search: [Google]
Transmet15_014.jpg
717 KB, 1619x994
>>70859910
He was supposed to play Zapp Brannigan in Futurama.
>>
The guy from Three's Company on his other show in the 00s.
>>
>>70859906
This post is Spartacus.
>>
>>70859931
I know but I didn't think many people on /tv/ would've been familiar with it.

It's like describing old doctor who as 'British Star Trek'.
>>
>>70860137
If you weren't a mobile poster you'd see that's already been mentioned like 50 times!
>>
>>70860038
There was a film made about him with Ben Afleck, Hollywoodland.
Nothing groundbreaking but it's a nice look into hollywood of old.
>>
>>70860082
>It's a chinese imageboard you sad faggot

Then you shouldn't get so furious that somebody pointed out that you were wrong, fucking faggot. Getting into if I should even be in the position to point you out because you got pointed out is a retard defense and I'm seriously wondering if you are mentally handicapped in any way.
>>
>>70857710
didn't this happen when some sitcom from the 80's shot himself?
>>
>>70860183
>everyone with the same last name is related

That's your precious point, you retarded cunt. It makes no fucking sense, it's fucking stupid. Suck on my asshole and feast on what comes out.
>>
>>70860234
>everyone with the same last name is related

Never said that, you angry little boy.

>That's your precious point, you retarded cunt. It makes no fucking sense, it's fucking stupid. Suck on my asshole and feast on what comes out.

Kek
>>
>>70860309
Yeah you did, quit backtracking dude. Nice ad hominem, dude. KEK KEK KEK Appeal to authority? I see, downvoted.
>>
>>70857710

john Ritter was the main character of 8 simple rules and they replaced him with David space when he died. pretty fucked up
>>
Samurai jack was cancelled when aku was kill irl
>>
>>70857710
Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz weren't main characters. Popular and oft-recurring characters, yes, but the Flanders clan would have a better claim to being main characters than both of them.
>>
>>70860340
>In showbuisness this is true more than not

My exact words.

You gave three examples of people

Two of them were related, one wasn't.

Hence, true more than not.

>Yeah you did, quit backtracking dude. Nice ad hominem, dude. KEK KEK KEK Appeal to authority? I see, downvoted.

You're literally a clown. Nobody agrees with you and you're buttblasted into space over the simplest of arguments. Your life must be a living hell when you can't form thoughts properly.
>>
>>70860425
Says the idiot that backtracks his entire argument, nice ad homimen btw

If your point holds up then tell me why out of 30 smiths on imdb none are related? Tell me that you manlet faggot

If this was real life you'd never talk to me like this, I'd fucking kill you do you understand me

You'd be on your knees begging me for another drop of cum
>>
>>70860486
>Says the idiot that backtracks his entire argument

I quoted my exact first post you braindead faggot. You're a fucking fool dude. You need help.
>>
>>70860513
>doesn't even respond to the argument

Guess I win nigga

Return from whence you came
>>
>>70857710
In the dutch show Flodder
rip ;_;
>>
Kindred: The Embraced (a TV show set in the World of Darkness tabletop game universe) was abruptly forced to stop after the first season because one of the lead actors died (IIRC, it was a motorcycle crash that killed him).
>>
File: 1386831637217.jpg (128 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1386831637217.jpg
128 KB, 500x333
>>70860486
>If this was real life you'd never talk to me like this, I'd fucking kill you do you understand me
>>
>>70860545
>I think X
>YOU THINK Y???
>No I think X, here is my exact post
>NO YOU THINK Y WHAT A FAGGOT FUCKING BACKTRACKING FOOL STOP BACKTRACKING
>Dude I think X, see?
>YOU DIDN'T EVEN REPLY WITH AN ARGUMENT I WIN FAGGOT BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME

I am enthralled that your life will be fucking miserable with how fucking abjectly retarded you are. You aren't fooling anybody. You aren't even fooling yourself. Don't be so confident that you've gotten the best of anybody. You're a sad, wrong, lying little boy.
>>
>>70857710
The closest I can think of is Father Ted. Dermot Morgan suffered a heart attack whilst hosting a dinner to celebrate recording the final episode, barely a day after leaving the set.
>>
>>70860486

It's good to know people are taking beats from my shitposting.
>>
>>70860628
Wow dude nice ad hominem btw

You ignore like all of the original argument

Address my smith conundrum

Until then you have lost the argument
>>
>>70860545
>Lists related actresses on accident
>Damage control.jpg
>>
>>70859902
Yep, Mr. Hooper.

However, another character, David, went nuts and died in a mental hospital. They just wrote the character off, saying he moved to grandmother's farm.
>>
>>70860662
insult =/= ad hominem, kiddo
>>
>>70860662
>Address my smith conundrum

An exception to the rule. How quickly did you just get raped right now?
>>
>>70860712
Of the 20 Washingtons, none are related. Address that conundrum.

Face it bitch boy you got fucked
>>
>>70860662
No you're right when you see two actors with the same last name, you should NEVER, EVER, EVER think they're possibly related.

If you get the urge to Google in two seconds for a definitive answer, cut your own hand off and throw it in the dirt. Nobody should EVER, EVER suspect that two actors with the same last name could be related.
>>
>>70860634
I read he was just sitting in his armchair at home and died. He was only 40 years old.
>>
File: 33461224346.jpg (43 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
33461224346.jpg
43 KB, 600x363
>>70860743
>conundrum
>>
>>70860743
None of them are major actors in the same time frame. Stop going onto IMDB in order to find last names from 1965 in order to backtrack, you stupid little douche. Your point is bad, fuck off and die. Nobody agrees with you.
>>
>>70857710
NewsRadio basically died after Hartman died
>>
>>70860001
have you seen it anon because it's kinda total trash

i'd repent and shittalk too if i were on that piece of shit
>>
>>70860628
not the guy you're replying to, but i don't think you should be using words that you don't understand
>>
File: tosh.jpg (44 KB, 550x361) Image search: [Google]
tosh.jpg
44 KB, 550x361
The guy who played Tosh on The Bill died from drinking too much beer every day forever and the show slowly started to spiral into soap opera territory. They knew it was coming though because they had pre-recorded a farewell episode just in case.
>>
Cole and Forrester, the two cops in The Wire who end up on the pool table in the bar with the Pogues playing. They died in real life, so they just died offscreen.
>>
>>70857710
Father Ted springs to mind, it is one of the best comedies ever made but you cannot continue the series with the title character dead.
>>
>>70860691
> They just wrote the character off, saying he moved to grandmother's farm.

-What, was he a dog?
>>
>>70860691
An aussie show did that. The actor killed himself and the writers just said he moved back to the countryside to work on the family farm.
>>
>>70859442
>essemble peace

fuck your idiot mouth with a knife.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.