[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What order would you rank Charlie Kaufman's movies from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 12-Charlie-Kaufman.w529.h529.jpg (81 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
12-Charlie-Kaufman.w529.h529.jpg
81 KB, 529x529
What order would you rank Charlie Kaufman's movies from best to least best?
>>
>>70854624
Synecdoche, New York
Adaptation
Eternal Sunshine
Anomalisa
The rest
>>
>>70854696
this basically.
>>
>>70854696

Haven't seen Anomalisa, but I'm a fan of all the others and Syn, NY is one of my favorite movies of all time, is it worth a watch?
>>
>>70854780
Not him, but I liked it. S,NY is one of my all time favorites as well. It isn't something I see myself rewatching any time soon, but I'm glad I saw it and enjoyed the feelings it evoked in me.
>>
>>70854696
>anomalisa
>everyone look the same, has the same voice, guy try to find someone who's truly herself/is different
Wasn't it the same plot as Being John Malkowitch?
Also
>Synecdoche
Why was it great? Didn't get it
Eternal sunshine was best
>>
>>70854900
Rewatch synecdoche again
>>
>>70854900

>Why was it great? Didn't get it

It showed the absurdity and impermanence of life. The final monologue really lays it out: Caden's experiences were really everyone's, but at the same time as the people he loved and knew died, he would fade into obscurity, just as every other living thing will. The room you're in and the world you live in doesn't care that you're there, it's merely waiting for the next person to occupy it, and maybe nobody will ever occupy that space again, and to the world that's just fine. Nothing matters but at the same time, everything matters, no matter how insignificant.

Kind of pretentious when you read that out loud, but those are the broad strokes. Go watch it again with this in mind.
>>
File: charliekaufman.jpg (39 KB, 699x228) Image search: [Google]
charliekaufman.jpg
39 KB, 699x228
>>70854780
I'd recommend it. Alot of people would probably think its not his best I'd guess, but would still really enjoy it

>>70854624
These are in ranking of my favorite order, still need to rewatch SNY though but I love all his movies from 1-4
But I think Eternal Sunshine is just good
>>
Anomalisa was bad, fuck that movie. shoul've been a short. people only like it because the animation was gorgeous.
>>
>>70855008
Will do, it bothers my autism that I didn't truly enjoyed it while it gets a lot of good criticism
>>
File: image.gif (1000 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000 KB, 500x741
>>70855009
>existentialism
Didn't remember that ending
As I say I'll rewatch it, but those kind of themes really can bring me down for some reasons
LIFE HAS NO MEANING WHY DID YOU LIED TO ME MAMA
>>
>>70855077
It's a lot to take in the first time
>>
>>70855163
>for some reasons

It's pretty sad and empty knowing nothing matters, but we forget it and continue on pretending like it does
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.