[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies get spergy over spoilers? I've had people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1465767978544.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465767978544.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
Why do normies get spergy over spoilers? I've had people get angry at me for bringing up spoilers to say, a GOT episode, amongst a small group of people who I know have probably all seen it or don't watch the show, when the episode has been out for ages. Or get weird about me even asking if people have seen it. It happens with shit like Force Awakens, people will get angry at you for bringing up Hans death even though its been out for months and they've already seen it, on the off chance someone within earshot has someone avoided seeing it or spoilers for it up to this moment but still cares about seeing the movie. I personally rarely care if something gets spoilered for me since I can enjoy things anyway, is this some weird normie meme I'm not getting?
>>
>>70853722
Because they want to experience and enjoy the moment for themselves without some autistic fuck telling them what happens.
>>
>>70853722
>why do people do the thing?
because they do
>>
I once got yelled at for casually mentioning how Dr. Lector escapes in Silence of the Lambs and the guy had seen the movie before.
>>
>>70853761
If they wanted, they could it had done already.
OP did nothing wrong
>>
>>70853722
Because they want to experience the emotions you have to a movie when it surprises you.

Of course you don't understand, you're autistic and can't relate to emotions. That's find but don't ruin it for other people out of spite, or selfishness.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x530
>>70853722
>be friend with a legally spergy autist
>he's obsessed with kino
>every time I go see a movie with him, he has already seen it at least one time (if he really like a movie, he will go multiple time in theatre then buy it on dvd, etc.)
>when the movie start, I already know the bio of all the actors, where it was filmed, why it is amazing and of course plots
>it continues during the film
>he openelly spoiled everyone who is close enough to hear him (he's not even whispering)
Isn't it you who's sperg OP

P.S. I love this guy, have been friend with him for like 20 years, maybe my most interesting friend despite how horrible it may seem
>>
>>70853722
because people are assholes about spoilers. knowing a spoiler makes you special and people wont know you're special unless you tell them. it started will Fallout 4 i think. ever since then people are like a kid that learned a new curse word, they just can't wait to use it.
>>
>>70853722
half of the movie is a powerful story. when you spoil that shit out they wont have as much fun watching coz they will know how it ends. it´s fucking annoying desu
>>
It's proof that the show or movie they're watching is shit and can only be appreciated for its "surprises" and "twists". TRULY great films are not ruined by knowing the outcome; indeed, the anticipation of what is to come often heightens the experience.
>>
I like knowing as little as possible about whatever I am going to watch.
>>
>>70854738
While I think it's true that shit shows work only with those repeated twists, basically the definition of soap opera, I think there are movies that took this gem to the next level and mastered the art of twisting your expectations, I'm thinking Cohen brothers or even GOT
>>
>>70853722
because it is a faux pas

why are you talking about movies to begin with? don't you have anything better to talk about with your friends? god damn
>>
Only normie Reddit cucks care about spoilers.
>he doesn't read the plot on Wikipedia before watching a flick
gb2 rebbit
>>
Only autismos care about spoiler. I'll read an entire wikipedia page before I even finish a book. Shit just makes the story all the much better
>>
I don't mind spoilers because I have a very bad memory.
>>
I don't mind spoilers because I have a poor memory.
>>
File: 1435571027050.jpg (43 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1435571027050.jpg
43 KB, 446x456
>>70859135
>I don't mind spoilers because I keep forgetting things I haven't seen yet.
>>
>>70853722
I had the biggest arguments with the 21 yo girl I was dating because of spoilers. I couldn't talk about any books she didn't read or any movie she didn't watch JUST IN CASE she would one day.

And I'm talking about things like 1984 or The Matrix.
>>
>Why do normies get spergy

wat
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.