[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie is AWFUL. I'm actually angry with myself for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: chappie.jpg (77 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
77 KB, 720x405
This movie is AWFUL.

I'm actually angry with myself for finishing it.
>>
>>70849633
Not as fucking dumb as that one movie where the robots start repairing themselves and then give birth to some moving brain
>>
>>70849667
are you talking about AUTOMATA? that movie was so disappointing
>>
>>70849633
Neil Blomkamp is awful.
>>
>>70849678
>>70849667

I thought automata was wasted potential but it was way better than chappie. There was a cohesive story and the characters actions made some bit of sense. The world was well built and depressing. Banderas did a good job as the lead.

Chappie had nothing positive.
>>
File: The-Machine-2013.jpg (324 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
The-Machine-2013.jpg
324 KB, 1500x1125
Talking about shit robot movies

>79% approval on RT
>hits every dumb cliche
>plot threads show up and disappear making half the movie seem pointless
>looks like it was filmed in your mothers basement
>79%
>>70850068
forgot pic, no bully please
>>
better than ex machina at least
>>
>>70850109
>>
>>70849633
>I hate fun
Stick to your epic serious grown up movies you manbaby
>>
>>70849667
Automata was great until the third act, mainly because none of the antagonists motives made any sense whatsoever, they were simplying doing bad things because they were bad guys apparently. Also my other nitpick with that movie is you needed subtitles half the time because Antonio Banderas has decided he doesn't want to enunciate at all anymore.
>>
>>70849633
I didn't think it was awful, but it was nothing that special. Could have watched a worse movie that night. My friend urged me to see it saying it was incredibly sad and shit, but I honestly just think he fell in love with that South African girl considering she was his wallpaper the next day.
>>
>>70850152
>he fell in love with that South African girl

Your friend is a piece of shit and should expunge himself from the population.
>>
>>70850109
>>
>>70850189
I agree with him. One is a lighthearted robot movie, one is an embarrassing and pretentious flick that screams Reddit with every scene.
>>
tfw i thought it was going to get better if i kept watching.

it didn't
>>
>>70850183
She's pretty groder. He chucked on some of their music after that too and I personally hated it.
That said I thought they fit what the movie was going for though, gave it some personality even if they weren't any good as actors.
>>
>>70849678
>>70849633
You guys need to get laid holy shit
>>
>>70849633
I'm a big fan of the director, but I think this was a mistake.
I knew it was a stinker when I first saw the trailer, and I have stayed away ever since.
>>
>>70850214
i don't understand the motivation behind this post
>>
>>70850198
I agree. Chappie is too reddit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.