[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Entire premise of the film is that a self-interested war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: schlindler.jpg (12 KB, 163x310) Image search: [Google]
schlindler.jpg
12 KB, 163x310
> Entire premise of the film is that a self-interested war profiteer changes heart and spends his fortune to save people
> He only spends his fortune when it becomes inevitable that Germany will lose the war, at which point he'll lose his fortune from war profiteering regardless
>>
>>70848301
>He only spends his fortune when it becomes inevitable that Germany will lose the war
Nah nigga, it happens way before that, when he sees the inhumanity occurring. His change heart actually starts during the height of the Nazi dominance, before they started crumbling.
>>
>>70848405
He's kinder to he's workers than the death camp sure, but only because it's good business (starving people with frostbite don't construct machinery very well), but for like the first 2 hours every act of kindness he shows to his workers is just a financially sound decision his accountant calculated
>>
WTF!! I hate nazis now!
>>
Jew propaganda movie that made lots of shekels. The perfect crime
>>
even if the nazis killed a million people or ten million people, it's very difficult to refute the story this movie tells, and it was well made. saying it's horrible jew propaganda for the sake of being edgy is just retarded
>>
preddy good historical fantasy

game of thrones is actually more historically accurate
>>
File: 1439318220869.jpg (113 KB, 736x1082) Image search: [Google]
1439318220869.jpg
113 KB, 736x1082
I came to /tv/ looking for a place to post that I just watched this and although I'm desensitized and mostly emotionally inept I cried twice during this, once when the red coat girl was shown dead, again when oskar breaks down at his feeling of impotence in the end.

Powerful stuff, tough times.
>>
>>70848480

Schindler would probably have admitted that it started as an exercise in cheap labour, but he literally bankrupted himself with bribes and shitty business to keep bringing more Jews to his factories. He was by no means perfect but he was a hell of a lot better to them than anyone else.

>Reminder that there are more Jewish descendants of Schindler workers now than there were Jews left in Poland
>>
Reminder that the book this was based on won an award for best fiction
>>
I liked how they had to throw in the selling of unusable ammunition to explain away the fact that what they produced killed far more people than he saved. Still a retarded idea though.
>>
>>70848480
Nah. Rewatch. You are all wrong.
>>
>>70850230
>Jew propaganda

Why would Spielburg make a goy like Schindler look good.
>>
>>70852724
Because it makes the rest of the German goys look bad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.