[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What if I'm a little late?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: l8.png (737 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
l8.png
737 KB, 1920x816
"What if I'm a little late?"
>>
Let's make this a John Carpenter thread. Who here is going to see him on his current tour? What do you think of him exec producing the new Halloween?
>>
File: John_Carpenter.jpg (85 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
John_Carpenter.jpg
85 KB, 400x400
OFFICIAL John Carpenter rankings:

>God tier
The Thing
Halloween
Escape from New York

>Great tier
They Live
Assault on Precinct 13
Christine
Starman
Big Trouble in Little China

>Good tier
The Fog
Dark Star
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

>Underrated TV movies that no one ever talks about tier
Elvis
Someone's Watching Me!
Body Bags

>Decent tier
Escape from L.A.
Vampires

>Shit tier
The Ward
Ghosts of Mars
Village of the Damned
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
>>
>>70844822
did you watch The Ward, what did you think about it?
>>
>>70844785
is The Thing one of the most perfect movies of all time?
>>
>>70845105
I watched it a few days ago and thought it was decent. There were too many cliches and some of the scares fell flat but there were a few decent scares and some interesting ideas. I would give it a 5/10.
>>
>>70845104
What about Dark Star?
>>
>>70845142

It is. I don't even get how he did it.

Was it cause Carpenter isn't afraid to just not use women if he feels they're not integral to the plot? It's not like he shies away from them, but he uses them in appropriate scenarios and doesn't try and construct the movie around them.
>>
>>70845189
I thought it was terrible
-no wideshots , only two I think
-no humor
-no Carpenter score
>>
>>70845209
Great tier
>>
>>70845209
my Dad rates it as one of the best sci-fi movies of all time for some reason
>>
>>70845275
I agree. Carry on.
>>
>>70845244
I can't disagree with any of that. It's a heavily flawed movie but I didn't dislike it as much as you did.
>>
>>70845104
>ghosts of mars is shit
>Vampires as bad as Escape from L.A.
I'd have offed myself a long time ago if i had such terrible taste.
>>
>>70845209
It's in Good tier.
>>
>>70845300
It has Amber Heard in the lead.
>>
>>70845303
>>ghosts of mars is shit
It kinda is, senpai. It's pure schlock and in not in a satirical way.
>>Vampires as bad as Escape from L.A.
Both are decent flicks that get too much shit.
>>
>>70845343
Top kek, she seems like an evil manipulative bitch but I thought she was surprisingly decent in the movie. The other girls in the movie were worse.
>>
>>70845361
I mean GoM looks cheap as fuck but Henstridge and Duvall delivered highly entertaining performances, the movie basically being DOOM made it even better and Ice Cube did a decent job as well. I just wish it'd get a proper ending but that'd just ruin the movie. Dunno.

>L.A.
Is just too goofy. N.Y. worked because it had this completely batshit insane story played perfectly straight, but L.A. went all over the top and couldn't stop winking with the tongue so firmly planted in the cheek it almost broke through.
>>
>>70845534

You forgot to mention how great Jason "fuck me the five of bats" Statham was, too
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.