[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: I don't get it no bullying pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: inside-llewyn-davis-poster-big.jpg (622 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
inside-llewyn-davis-poster-big.jpg
622 KB, 733x1100
ITT: I don't get it

no bullying pls
>>
His life is and forever will be a cycle of failure and disappointment. However he refuses to give up and for that he will always have that moment in the spotlight even if it is followed by someone who will accomished what he had tried too.
>>
>>70843005
do John Goodman and silent guy represent anything beyond comic relief?
>>
>>70843035
They represent the chaos of modern man
>>
File: 1430692618889.jpg (452 KB, 1502x742) Image search: [Google]
1430692618889.jpg
452 KB, 1502x742
>>
It's a white movie
>>
>>70842910
just watch it again
he's sad. we learn why he's sad. he's an asshole. we learn why he's an asshole. the movie is a masterclass in empathy.
>tfw he plays the song for his father
>tfw he drives by the town where is son is
>tfw he kills the cat
>tfw Llewyn is the cat
>>
File: a-serious-man-poster.jpg (36 KB, 490x318) Image search: [Google]
a-serious-man-poster.jpg
36 KB, 490x318
could say the same about other Coen bros movies

like, the only thing I got out of ASM is "shit happens and it's totally random, there are no answers"

why the hell did you make a movie about nothing then
>>
>>70842910
It's a palindrome and a vicious cycle. Underrated masterpiece.
>>
>>70843035
John Goodman represents the kind of man Lewyn was going to become in his old age: a bitter former musician of a long forgotten genre who spergs about new music and seeks instant happiness in drugs because he has no one left.
>>
>>70843405
I couldn't get into this movie. Never even finished it. I like all of their other projects, but this just didn't click with me.
>>
2013 MOTY
>>
File: 1465616426446.jpg (134 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465616426446.jpg
134 KB, 500x281
10...9...8...7.6.5...4u...3...2...

One second please!

Please Mr. CIA (BIG GUY!)
I don't wanna go (please don't throw me out of a plane)
P-P-Please Mr. CIA (BIG GUY!)
I don't wanna go (please don't throw me out of a plane)

I sweat when they stuff me in the pressure maks
Master plan, Mosquito Man
Nowhere up there in the flight plan (FOR...YOU)
I need to bring friends, don't need to be a hired gun (FOR...YOU)
Are you crashing me loud and clear?
Aye!
>>
>>70842910

Don't quit your day job.

At least, that's what I took away from it.
>>
>>70843405
because it's a movie contemplating the Jewish faith from those observations
it's existentialism
>>
>>70846195
or what life is like when you quit your day job
>>
>>70843774
ok but what about the beatnik?
>>
>>70847302
He said he was with a group of poets/actors that did some kind of artsy edgy postmodern act and had to close or something. So he used to be an artist who did what he liked too and had to quit to find another way of earning money. Just like what Llewyn ends up doing.
>>
>>70846195
That's a horrible message to take desu
>>
It's a film about one of the worst kinds of people. He is enabled by nearly everyone in his life to be an asshole. The film culminates with one instance of him "getting what's coming to him," but really it's not enough to make up for a lifetime of people saying "oh, that's just the way he is." There is no personal growth. He is a cancer.

Loved that film, myself.
>>
You know those movies with ideals that western society is obsessed to sell you? "Oh, of course, if you try hard enough all your dreams will come true". The protagonist is a nobody, but has dreams and fight strongly to achieve them, falling and getting up again until finally... he makes it. He rides into the sun triumphant.

That may happen in real life, but when it happens it's only to, like, 2 percent of people who tries.

Well, this movie is about the 98% that tries and fail, always fail, remains a failure. People who may have some talent, but the conditions are just not right. They come and go off the stage, just before a Bob Dylan comes. And they fade.
>>
>>70848219
I wanted to hug him and tell him everything will be allright. I didn't get the asshole vibe at all.
I'd say that everyone else was an asshole; poor Llewyn tried to fit in a world not meant for him.
>>
This movie is so bad. Coens haven't had a watchable movie in years.
>>
>>70848400
Loser.
>>
>>70848400
please stop watching movies and start considering killing yourself
>>
File: 1461406099913.png (39 KB, 213x301) Image search: [Google]
1461406099913.png
39 KB, 213x301
>>70848400
>Batman v Superman is one of the greatest films I've seen in years
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.