[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was in the wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: marty.jpg (19 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
marty.jpg
19 KB, 511x288
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>70834250
About mowing the yard?

Marty obviously, he let Rust borrow his lawn mower and Rust mowed his yard for him as a thank you.
>>
>>70834250
The grass for being a cheeky bastard and growing too long
>>
What WAS Marty right about?
>>
File: marty.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
marty.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
DID SHE SUCK YOUR DICK
>>
>>70834273
This.
>>
>>70834250
Rust was in the wrong, but I can hardly blame him since he probably hadn't fucked a woman in practically forever.
But yeah he was still in the wrong.
>>
>>70834367
Everything except for being so shitty and obvious at cheating. I'm not saying he should have cheated, he shouldn't have, but he barely put any effort into not be a complete dumbass about it.
>>
>>70834273
Obviously widdle babby doesn't have his own yard, nor a dick that's big enough to understand where Marty was coming from.

Rust was constantly trying to edify Marty on the ways of the world, and mowin the motherfuckers lawn is just gonna come off as more self-righteousness.

I suppose Marty was just beating his chest, as usual, but I don't think there is a right or wrong here.
>>
File: file.png (793 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
793 KB, 1280x720
Why didn't Marty want Rust to get his files? Was Marty afraid of what Rust might uncover? Is Marty secretly connected to the serial killings? After all, he either directly shot or caused the death of the only other witnesses.
>>
>>70835057

how did he fuck that up so hard

he seemed like a smart guy
>>
>>70834250
The Lawnmower
>>
>>70835333
Rust's files were photos of Marty's wife's bottom.
>>
Marty was being a dickhead but it was pretty clear Rust was infatuated with Maggie even if he would never admit it, even to himself.
>>
I liked Rust a lot more but it's so obvious marty was in the right. If you can't pick up on rust's attempt to big-dick marty you're probably a woman.
>>
File: 1465668420045.png (467 KB, 743x420) Image search: [Google]
1465668420045.png
467 KB, 743x420
So i was watching the french rip of True Detective and in this scene Marty has a funky mustache. The fuck? Did they edit out this in the American version or something?
>>
>>70834250
You don't mow another man's lawn without his consent. Rust knew exactly what he was doing.
>>
>>70836617
Where have you beeeen.
>>
>>70836680

is

>muh lawn

an american thing

cos ive seriously never heard of it
>>
File: HRC216HXA_PE_IMGLG.jpg (218 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
HRC216HXA_PE_IMGLG.jpg
218 KB, 1500x1500
ARE YOU ALRIGHT

ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU WENT AWAY
>>
>>70836617
lol resurrecting dead memes

time really is a flat circle, bros
>>
>>70834250

it was pretty obvious Rust was trying to fuck with him, otherwise he would have just asked
>>
>>70836776
It's not really about the lawn, man. It could be anything. You don't just take on another man's responsibilities like that. It's like another dog pissing on your fire hydrant.
>>
Rust was being a moral-Mary. He used to have what Marty had and he was jealous and angry that Marty would take it for granted by cheating on his wife. He stuck the knife in when he asked Marty if that pussy stink he had on him at work was his wife. He twisted the blade when he mowed his lawn. He was holding Marty's shortcomings and hypocrisy under his nose.
>>
>>70836884

Oh yeah well I get that. I just thought it was a specific thing or some shit
>>
>>70836983
He was planting the seeds that his wife is capable of doing what Marty does, which infuriated Marty because he hates himself.
>>
>>70836983
>>70837047
These are the most succinct posts. However I don't think Rust was doing it on purpose.
>>
>>70837027
Well a lot of people from the US do care about their lawn a lot. Having a nice lawn is kinda like a badge of honor. It depends on the region I suppose.
>>
>>70834273
Are you fucking stupid, it was a precursor to him fucking his wife. Which then happened because rust laid the groundwork which included mowing her lawn, spending time with her and forming a bond.
>>
>>70837106
I think Rust knew exactly what he was doing. I'd even go so far as to say that he knew exactly how Marty would react, too.
>>
He was saying Season 2 was dog shit.
>>
>>70837335

i havent even watched it yet.

is it really that bad?
>>
>>70837934

On its own, no.

Compared to season 1, absolutely.
>>
>>70835628
He was a lot smarter when we met him.
>>
So how many found the final bad guy of season 1 just really laughable and intimidating?

Throughout the whole first season the whole murders felt so spooky and supernatural, and then the big bad just ended up being an obese lawnmower who changed the way he spoke sometimes because reasons.
>>
>>70838512

yeah it stopped being spoopy after they killed ledoux or whatever. after that i just watched it to see where the characters went
>>
>>70834250
HBO
>>
>>70837127

>Which then happened because rust laid the groundwork which included mowing her lawn, spending time with her and forming a bond.
You are fucking retarded.

Maggie fucked Rust because of his bond with Marty. It was the best way to hurt Marty.

That's it. Retard.
>>
Maggie for letting Rust maw the lawn in the first place and let him pump her in the ass
>>
>>70840307

you know fuck all about women. they will only fuck people they know even if it is a revenge fuck
>>
>>70837027
It's a chore but it's a traditionally male chore so a lot of guys take pride in it. Mowing someone's lawn is like saying that the man of the house can't maintain his own household. Which is kind of true in this instance.
>>
>>70840307
No it fucking isnt. She did because she wanted to not just because they were partners. They had an obvious attraction hence why he flipped out over him mowing the lawn. He was a threat. And he did indeed fuck his wife. You've formed an opinion probably because you've never had your friends try hit on your girl, as you've never had one. It's exactly like this
>>
>>70840584
>She did because she wanted to not just because they were partners
>because they were partners

But that's exactly it. She goes to that bar and makes conversation with a stranger. After Rust "feels like the first time" Cohle finishes she confesses to Rust she went to the bar and then talks about how it would hurt Marty deepest if it were Rust.
>>
>>70840425
i'd wager you are the one who knows nothing about women sir. they are entirely capable of one-night stands with a man they have just met.
>>
>>70840584
>No it fucking isnt.
Yes it is you stupid cunt. Maggie even says this literally to both Rust and Marty.
>>
>>70834250
neither of them. It was a misunderstanding. From ethers point of view, they were doing nothing wrong. Rust lacked the introspect to see how what he was doing could be seem as alluring to females. Marty recognized that it could be, but mistakenly thought that Rust knew what he was doing.
>>
>>70834250
HEY MARTY IM JUST CUMMIN IN YOUR WIFE
>>
>>70840766

this guy is right
>>
>>70834250
Marty did the right thing but Rust was just trying to help, the traumatic loss of his daughter turned him into a social retard and he didn't understand what was wrong about mowing the yard.
A real man - not a fedora neckbeard nor a nu-male - would have done the same thing as Marty.
>>
>>70840832
Not arguing her - I'm arguing why rust mowing the lawn is not about being a friendly neighbour it's about being competition for a woman that's supposed to be already locked down.
>>
>>70840975
Didn't bother replying to that guy because goods point was so demonstrably wrong it wasn't worthy of even a (you)
>>
>>70840878
Alluring to females. Holy.shot you autistic fuck. Imagine you come home from work to find your colleague has been just really helpful in your house to your wife. Spending time with her when your not there. Bonding. Yeah surprise surprise he fucks her.
>>
>>70840878
Rust knew exactly what he was doing. You think that because of the all the drugs and trauma he somehow forgot what an ego feels like? Rust saw the wonderful things that Marty was taking for granted. It hurt him to see another man, his partner at that, pissing away the happiness that he had cherished so much. Rust only set out to try and goad Marty into an immense sense of emaciation and guilt in the hope that he would change his cheating ways. Unfortunately the case at hand brought things to a boiling point and Rust succumbed to the charms of Marty's wife for just a few sweet seconds. How can you blame him though? They had a connection and the poor guy obviously hadn't been laid in a few years.
>>
>>70841151
nah, Rust was too damaged to see and use himself in that way. He didn't go for it until Martys wife literally forced herself on him.

>>70841120
what are you even saying
>>
>>70841220
I don't know why you would continue to believe that Rust is "too" damaged. Did you even watch the show? Rust simply had a set of beliefs that were cemented by his traumatic experiences. These beliefs would drive a man like Marty insane. Rust wasn't "broken" and he had most certainly been a normal man once, more normal than you even. He was smart and wouldn't have simpleton ideas that are backed up by mediocre observations. You sir are a fucking moron. Please once again reply to me with one sentence or less.
>>
>>70841220
I'm the same guy you replied to both of my posts. I stand by my point. EVERY MAN knows when he's transgressing on another man's woman.
>>
>>70841369
Unlike you I don't need to write a massive paragraph to get my point across. You obviously lack insight into the nature of damaged human beings. Have fun with your ignorant pseudo-philosophical rant.
>>
>>70840996
marty pretty much just cried about it dunno how that's particularly manly
>>
holy shit is this the last episode of cheers?

i thought coach died.
>>
>there won't be more Marty/Rust adventures
>>
>>70834250
>>70835333
God.
>>
What is that, Nich? Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>70838512
that's the point retard
>>
>>70840766
yeah. most men and women are pretty damn capable of fucking complete strangers. just gotta be decent looking most of the time
>>
Rusty

he's just autistic
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.