[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I quite like it, whats with /co/ butthurt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: preacher_amc.jpg (165 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
preacher_amc.jpg
165 KB, 670x377
I quite like it, whats with /co/ butthurt?
>>
>>70829562

What /co/ butthurt, most of the criticisms I've seen are a) Tulip is pretty much Poochie and b) the pacing and direction are all over the place.
>>
>>70829562
I like it too but to be honest there is still no story.

>jesse has the genesis
>angels want it but they are basically comic relief
>quinncanon is just creepy,hasn't done anything
>donny is a bitch
>>
If you're handed a good drawing and you're simply told to trace it and claim that tracing as your own it is valid criticism if you somehow fuck it up still and the original drawing is better in every way. I would say this for almost any adaptation, not just Preacher.
>>
The show is really bizzarre and far away from the source material but I just can't stop watching.
Starts to give me a comfy vibe, love the interaction between Arseface and his dad.

Might be an overstatement but it's giving me Fargo-vibes, or even Twin Peaks [small town of misfits with a supernatural twist].
>>
>>70829662
To be honest,the real preacher comic would get cancelled very soon. Too much castration,meat fucking and blasphemy for the regular public.
>>
Tulip is one step away from teleporting behind someone with a katana and telling them it's nothing personnel. And there's a complete absence of story so far, the premise has been established but we're a third of the way through and nothing has happened.

But yeah nah I like it I think.
>>
Even Starr is in it, concerns about cuts were misplaced.

Sure they changed the characters for the worse but what you gonna do

The guy who plays the vampire is perfect
>>
>cannot force vampire dude to name a governor he doesn't know
>can force a dude to literally wipe his own memory
Consistency much?
>>
>>70829810

There's nothing inconsistent about that at all.
>>
>>70829810
That's like saying

>cannot force a guy to build a lamp
>can force a guy to break a lamp
>>
>>70829810
You're not making any sense, Anon.
>>
>>70829810
I hope this guy realized how stupid he was and left the thread out of shame
>>
>>70829749
Yea I dunno, you're probably right.
>>
File: 12023013.jpg (175 KB, 599x491) Image search: [Google]
12023013.jpg
175 KB, 599x491
>>70829562
The only scenes I care about are ones where Jesse and Cassidy are involved. Otherwise I'd drop it.
>>
As long as Joe Gilgun is in something, i'll watch it. This actor is based as fuck
>>
File: Colgate.jpg (327 KB, 866x622) Image search: [Google]
Colgate.jpg
327 KB, 866x622
>>70831822
Suggest some of the best films he is in. I already know that's from Lockout.

Is it good?
>>
>>70829655
Those angels were pretty useless in the comic though. It's seems like they have mixed them with the sex detectives though with them being English.
>>
>>70829761
Tulip was pretty OP in the comics as well. I get what you mean though it seems to be another level in the show.
>>
>>70829562

It's really fucking good and quite comfy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.