[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2001 a space odyssey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: sea1ht83qp1hh9wi4r3w.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sea1ht83qp1hh9wi4r3w.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
i cant fathom the fact that critics praise this utter shit mindless boring movie.
minutes of annoying sound, complete darkness, shit tier lights showoff, dumped moon threat, fucking hal 9000 doing nonsense hurr durr its broken welp its not my fault its human error bullshit, and that minutes of bullshti ending what the fucking fuck.

i commend them for the effects but the story was .... i dont fucking understand
>>
I loved it.
>>
Solaris is better

I like the sterility of the scenes but it really isn't that compelling
>>
>>70828071
Its not a good movie, anyone who says otherwise is a pleb. its more like tech showcase for the starting point of the spread of new age atheism into mainstream culture
>>
>>70828071
>whaa mom make them stop the sound
chillax, its a relaxing brooding horror
>>
File: screenshot_1.png (1 MB, 1280x624) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1.png
1 MB, 1280x624
>>70828071
>>
>>70828071
i guess the black rectangle thing makes stuff evolve or something. i didnt really understand the beginning with the apes or the stuff on the moon or the ending. but the part where the computer was fucking with them was cool and some of the cinematography in the space ship was pretty cool too. overall the movie was not very good tho, and borders on terrible. its only value seems to be academic or to get in on hal memes.
>>
File: 1428161470182.jpg (673 KB, 1688x1300) Image search: [Google]
1428161470182.jpg
673 KB, 1688x1300
>>70828071
>>70828071
it's kind of lovecraftian in the sense that the aliens are well completely alien to us and their technology (the monolith) is difficult to understand thus the end of the movie scene and the horror of it (fear of the unknown). You don't ""fucking"" understand because you are not meant to, at least not immediately. The aliens intelligence far exceeds are own and the monolith is a way of transferring some of it to the user.
>>
>>70828827
>aliens intelligence far exceeds are own
>are own
>are

No shit.
>>
>>70828923
i stopped reading his post 3 words in but this made me laugh
>>
File: 1392420029763.jpg (122 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
1392420029763.jpg
122 KB, 960x714
>>70828923
sorry
our* own

writing is real stream of thought, i just want to get out my ideas.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 240x160
>Doctors

I can't fathom the fact that patients owe their lives to this utter shit mindless boring profession. Years of annoying studies, complete dedication, shit tier residency requirements, dumped stress levels, fucking medical technology doing nonsense hurr durr it just aided a medical breakthrough welp it's not my fault it's human error bullshit, and that minutes of bullshti being a doctor what the fucking fuck.

I commend them for curing people but the profession was...I don't fucking understand
>>
NOT ENOUGH JUMP SCARES FOR YOU MARVELDRONE?

Kek, go watch Warcraft, maybe gookino is more your speed.
>>
>>70828071
Agreed. Patricians acknowledge solaryis is better.
>>
>>70828071
I always thought /tv/ was for people who actually liked movies. I guess i should have known better.
>>
>people think they're smart because they like the most popular "experimental" film in history
>>
>>70829399
who in this thread claimed that you projector?
>>
File: GERGE.png (14 KB, 58x75) Image search: [Google]
GERGE.png
14 KB, 58x75
>>70828071
this fucking gimmick again
pls kill your family, starting with the youngest members (no matter how young), and then slit your own throat at the end
>>
>>70829272
I'd tell you to come to /lbg/ but you're a steven universe fan so fuck off and kill yourself
>>>>>/trash/
>>
>>70828758
>i didnt really understand the beginning with the apes or the stuff on the moon or the ending
That's because you're a braindead idiot.
>>
File: 1456508045469.gif (2 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
1456508045469.gif
2 MB, 352x288
>>70829399
>im is smaatert cuz i call ouet smert peaople
>>
>>70828451
>Solaris is better
edgy
>>
>>70828451
>Solaris is better
t. teenage tryhard
>>
>want to watch space odyssey
>remember le skype prediction scene, ridiculous moon monolith scene and embarrassing hal shutdown scene
>>
>>70828451
While the op is a fag who doesn't get anything, and 2001 does have its problems, Solaris is pure shit.
>>
>>70828071
>Thread starts with honest opinions
>quickly devolves into shitposting
Welcome to /afternoontv/
>>
>watching art films for a generic simple story
>>
>>70829570
ironic misspelling is done to death
>>
>I don't fucking understand

That's your problem, anon, if you don't take the time to think about the movie you're never going to like deep movies. Nice b8 btw
>>
>>70828682
>being a patrician is hiveminding
>>
>>70828071
I totally agree. One of the single most overrated films of all time. Almost no redeeming qualities prior to Hal taking over and the opening Primate scene.
>>
>>70829060
That is the worst comparison i've ever scene you pseudo-intellectual fuck.
>>
2001 space odyssey is worth watching precisely because of the reactions elicited in this thread
>>
>>70830023
that's kinda what happens when teenagers regale the internet with their insightful opinions on classic films.
>>
>>70832303
>not loving the 100%based ballet-in-space scenes in between
I don't want to live anymore
>>
2001 is a plebfilter.
You must watch it multiple times to allow yourself to truly experience the film. Much like The Master, after you watch it 4 times, the 5th viewing is the BEST!
>>
I still feel it's pretty obvious HAL was corrupted by contact with the monolith and was retconned in 2010. They never mentioned the whole paradox bullshit until that one.
>>
>>70828071

Film proves itself as the most important scifi film ever made in the first 10 minutes. It's a pleb filter alright just not in the way you think.
>>
>>70835526
HAL never had contact with the monolith, in the book and in the movie he was ruined by his conflicting needs to take care of his human crew and reduce risk to the mission
>>
>>70828827
You are underage, aren't you? I can tell by your writing style.

I'll give you a tip. Read a book. People who only read material online have terrible language and writing skills.
>>
>>70828071
The book and film were created in parallel. The book explains a lot that isn't clear in the movie.
>>
File: Magabox.png (243 KB, 944x719) Image search: [Google]
Magabox.png
243 KB, 944x719
>>70828071

Silly little kid. You'll never get it.

It was a great film IN IT'S TIME.

It really boils down to the fact that actual space travel was new in the 1960s, and people were awed by both the concept, as well as the journey itself.

This film was released in a time where people actually had a genuine sense of wonder, and a genuine hope for the future of mankind. The general population was more intelligent then; more educated, more cohesive, and more caring.

The rise of the jewish-led counter-culture, and the riots of 1968 and beyond ruined all of that. The world today is a much different world than the one this film came out of. It's really a shame it all fell apart the way it did. Now all of our wonderful ideals are constantly trashed by whores, faggots, and jews, and the minds of our youth are poisoned by the intellectual garbage they continue to produce.

So no. You'll never understand it. It's just one of those cases where you really had to be there.

It'd be nice if we could make America great again. You would be so amazed... in a good way.
>>
>>70837615
>This film was released in a time where people actually had a genuine sense of wonder, and a genuine hope for the future of mankind. The general population was more intelligent then; more educated, more cohesive, and more caring.
citation needed
>>
>>70838492

Enjoy your jew education.
>>
>>70828071
>>70828451
>>70828523
>>70828758
>>70829130
>>70829399
>>70829910
>>70832303
>>70835286
>>70837615
2001 is the quintessential pleb filter. If you're looking for narrative, "resolution" (lmao), characters, and dialogue, you're going to be smacked in your fat complacent baby face like the nasty little brainlet you are. This isn't a television show or a play, it's cinema i.e. visual art. You pay attention to the rhythm of the camera's movement as it tracks the development of the human species, not the banter. You pay attention to the way the intricate and interlocking images reflect complex ideas about technology and thought, not the gunfights and edgy antiheroes. You pay attention to the innovative set design that changed the public conception of space forever, you pay attention to how the music is subtly synchronized with the editing, you pay attention to the unique and rigorous film grammar, you pay attention to how every frame, every pixel, is crafted with superhuman precision and intelligence, and then you appreciate how these images represent not a story but its visual equivalent, and even more, it's ideas. The entertainment comes from analyzing, thinking, and studying how the film changes the way you think and feel about the world, the entertainment comes from the sublime thrill of watching beauty emerge from the abstract systems that govern our lives and grab you by the balls. There's no cheap surprise from sudden twists or violence, it's totally sincere intellectual pleasure.

Go watch Sicario or The Sopranos if you want to play fantasy and stop thinking. This film is too hard for you if you think it's boring, I mean that very seriously. You are either too stupid or too ignorant too appreciate it, so you frolic in your piss and whine about how it didn't hold your hand.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.