[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Conan responds to the tragedy in Orlando by calling for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
>Conan responds to the tragedy in Orlando by calling for an end to semi-automatic assault rifle sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UKXy5Jw6I

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: jegging conan.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
jegging conan.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
best late night host hands down
>>
>>70819079
He forgot to mention the 500 round drum clip and the heat seeking armor piercing gay cop killer bullets.
>>
It means the next shooting will be with handguns.
>>
>>70819079
He means "I am forced to say this cliche bullshit by my Jewish masters, or else face losing my career".
>>
File: LAteNightRAtings.jpg (184 KB, 1320x465) Image search: [Google]
LAteNightRAtings.jpg
184 KB, 1320x465
>>70819079
What a desperate attempt for SJW clickbait ratings.
>>
It means he still wants to be paid every week. Doesn't stop him being the best late night show host.
>>
>>70819079
>meme man pays respect to mass shooting

why
>>
File: wat.jpg (116 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
116 KB, 1200x900
>>70819079

It means that he's scared that someone in his crowd is gonna shoot up the place.
>>
So he wants us to be Mexico.
>>
I was thinking about this, recently.

Why DO we have assault rifles on the open market? Like, seriously, what the hell else are you going to do with them, besides taking them to the firing range, or killing game?

Here's how we figure this shit out once and for all:

How many deer were shot by automatics
VS
How many PEOPLE were shot by automatics.

If the former is higher, I'll leave it alone, but if the latter is higher, then the writing's on the wall
>>
>be amerifat
>get shot

Pistols and shotguns are more than enough. No need for assault rifles.
>>
>>70819243
Jesus Christ, I forgot how many hacks actually have talk shows.
Seriously unbelievable.
Conan, Kimmel and Colbert are the only ones with an inkling of possible talent, which they don't even seem to be able to really use due to their masters control or the format of their show or their retard audience.
Who watches this garbage?
>>
>>70819079
Has anyone seen the Late Night episode that was aired after 9/11. What was it like?
>>
>>70819079
What Americans need is MORE guns, not less. Imagine if everyone in that nightclub has an assault rifle. Problem solved.
>>
Actors, sports athletes and other entertainment personalities should really stfu about politics. It will only piss off a large section of their fanbase, there is literally no gain from it.
>>
there's already a thread for this you faggot

>>70814334
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKq5wmCz0wM

what did he mean by this?
>>
why are people still trying to pretend as if any of this stuff works and doesn't just fuck everything up?
>>
>>70819342
The second amendment (like most amendments) were created to prevent Tyranny ever reoccurring on US soil.
One way it does that is to make sure that the citizens ability to own the same weaponry as the government militia shall not be infringed upon.
Guns aren't for hunting, their for defense from other people with guns.
>>
>>70819079
breech-loaders only, final destination
>>
>>70819356
>be redditor
>is a cuck

Even as a citizen of the cucked UK, it shocks me that so many Americans would proceed to want lose weapons right after you get shot up by a dune coon and when violent niggers roam the streets without police
>>
>>70819342
>Why DO we have assault rifles on the open market?

Most "assault rifles" aren't in the open market. It is illegal to own any "machine gun", as defined by the NFA, if it was produced after the year 1986. Obtaining "machine guns" before 1986 is an involved process that is highly regulated, and most weapons in that category are also very expensive. Few civilians own these weapons.

>How many PEOPLE were shot by automatics.
Very few. The vast majority of gun-related homicides are done by handguns. Rifles are fairly rare when it comes to gun crime. This was why the Federal Assault Weapons Ban ultimately failed and was not renewed in 2013.

Conan is just using emotional rhetoric for ratings. People need to stop learning about national issues from entertainers and comedians
>>
>>70819446
this, the US will need it's guns soon and I wish we had some when the inevitable islamic racial clashes begin.
>>
>>70819405
>350+ post
If you had been more than a week you'd know they reached their bump limit.
>>
>>70819356
Except pistols account for the overwhelming majority of gun-related homicides
>>
>>70819447
I thought machine guns were re-legalized in '04?
>>
>>70819505
So do niggers, should we ban them?
>>
>>70819534
No, you're thinking of "assault weapons". "Assault weapons" and "assault rifles" are two completely different things, and it was re-legalized because banning them did jack shit, because they were rarely even used in crime in the first place.
>>
i feel like gun policy threads belong on /pol/
>>
>>70819408

kek
>>
>>70819534
that was the spoopy assault weapons, the ones that do little more than look tacticool
>>
>>70819567
i feel like you need to get with the times,
>>
America is the stupidest country in the world. MUH FREEDOMS
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1460456016351.webm
>>
>>70819079
I agree certain types of firearms should be illegal for civilian purchase. I also agree that muslim beliefs and cultures are inherently incompatible with the western world.

If you aren't going to acknowledge both sides of an issue, then you're going to come off ignorant of the side you ignore.

I don't doubt that Conan is smart. I believe he graduated with honors from Harvard? But if you're afraid to acknowledge the whole issue, then better to just say nothing IMO.
>>
>>70819584
>muh total lack of security against the ever encroaching global surveillance state
>>
File: flechette_shotgun_rounds.jpg (101 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
flechette_shotgun_rounds.jpg
101 KB, 600x447
>>70819356
>This faggot thinks Shotguns aren't incredibly fucking dangerous

Had the Snackbar any knowledge of the shit you can load into a shell he'd have killed far more cocksuckers than he did.
>>
File: meldyva-1.png (6 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
meldyva-1.png
6 KB, 333x293
>Cohen O'Brien
>>
>>70819202
gl killing 50 people with a handgun
>>
>>70819602
What a fucking cuck.
I have no respect for this "man"
>>
>>70819136

that's not really saying much desu.
>>
>>70819676
except semi-automatic rifles aren't fully automatic and don't have a significantly higher ROF

except thousands and thousands of people are getting murdered every year by handguns already, as opposed to several hundreds by rifles

except the guy behind virginia tech was using handguns

except handguns are easier to conceal than rifles
>>
File: 1465433519548.webm (953 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465433519548.webm
953 KB, 640x640
>>70819602
then look at what happens when non-white males take these roles, they are fucking terrible at them.
>>
>>70819617
Shoot the computers !
>>
I never understood the point of guns for shit like this anyway.

Doesn't anyone know how to build explosives these days?

'sides, get rid of legal sales and it won't do shit for Tyrone and his niggas down the street with entire crack houses full of rifles. You just create a new market and higher prices/demand for shit.
>>
>>70819789
throw baseball bats at the drones!

build a catapult!
>>
>>70819733
except handguns have a smaller clip retard
>>
>>70819424
>2nd amandment

implying a bunch of fat guys carry guns could stop tanks, bomber aircrafts, missibles if the Government really want to go full dictatorship mode.
>>
>>70819824
>stop tanks, bomber aircrafts, missibles
You can't occupy an area with tanks, bombers, and missiles. You need boots on the ground on the street to do that. If it were so simple to do it with large war machines, Iraq and Afghanistan would have been done and over with a decade ago
>>
>>70819602
FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>70819821
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLIP
>>
File: choseunghui.jpg (76 KB, 379x292) Image search: [Google]
choseunghui.jpg
76 KB, 379x292
>>70819676
32 good enough?
>>
File: julius.jpg (36 KB, 296x388) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
36 KB, 296x388
>>70819821
>a smaller clip
>>
>>70819342
It's handguns that are used in homicides idk why you cucks are so obsessed with semi auto assault rifles.
Chicago has a mass shooting every other day, a gun ban isn't going to bother jamal and trayvon
>>
>>70819602
Why doesn't this asshole put his money where his mouth is and step down from hosting late night and give his show to some nigger or mudslime?
Over the years Conan had become more and more of a jaded asshole, especially with his cringeworthy gamer segment to appeal to millennial shitstains, but now he's going full on Letterman.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 301x167
>>70819342
Here's a hint nigger:

4% of all murders in the US are committed with a rifle

These are the ten models of gun most likely to be used in a murder in the US. That long one is a Mossberg 12 gauge that Walmart sells for $200.
>>
Only cops should have guns. You'd have to be a gun nut to EVER want to own an assault weapon. If you get burgled just call the police.
>>
>>70819243
based kimmel giving no fucks
>>
>>70820040
>don't worry sir, we'll be at your domicile in less than 2 hours
>>
hur dur i need ma gunz for protekshon. all your guns should be banned like most other countries where few or no shootings occure. end of.
>>
>>70819243
>all those white males
>>
>>70819079

Because France's gun control laws worked so well to stop Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan massacre

Because people who believe it is their holy duty to massacre a bunch of people are going to forfeit all their plans because getting a gun is a bit difficult
>>
>>70819602
holy shit this is disgustingly pathetic

It's always faggots really high up calling for stones to be thrown since it can't reach them.
>>
>>70819924
>idk why you cucks are so obsessed with semi auto assault rifles

it's because they are eating up the shit the media is giving them.
>>
>>70819629

what does flechette do different than buckshot
>>
>>70819079
>blaming guns instead of terrorists

For fuck's sake, he's sounding like another Hollywood liberal shill.

>>70819243
>38% drop
>isn't bad

Trevor Noah is an unlikable pompous liberal twit who simultaneously insults law enforcement by comparing it to Apartheid while indirectly admitting that South Africa was indeed more socially stable during Apartheid. Fallon is really the only one of those guys still worth glancing through.

>>70819361
Entitled millennial brats and other indoctrinated liberal hypocrites who like Trevor Noah.

>>70819696
Say what you will about Leno, but at least he took shots at all sides.
>>
>>70819929
Letterman was a cranky asshole, which I enjoyed. I don't see how that's in the same league as being a self-effacing, castrated sellout who cheers for his people's own demise like Conan.
>>
>>70819243
>People unironically watch John Oliver
Do you people like being talked down by an idiot who hates white people and America/Europe, peddling his nation-destroying views?
>>
>>70820376
Imagine needles tearing right through your body.

Lots of internal bleeding and might even drown on your blood.
>>
>>70820389
>Fallon
He's dead inside. Otherwise everything you've said is alright.
>>
File: 1344792777993.png (93 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1344792777993.png
93 KB, 171x278
Muh guns
>>
>>70819892
you dual wield that shit Chow Yun Fat
I couldn't feel any safer if you dual wield
>>
a muslamic terrorist shot up a bunch of gays in florida, so we need to take guns away from everybody in the mid-west
>>
>>70821064
not just the mid west

fuckers need to learn how to fight and lift and shit
any punk ass can shoot across the room, people should work hard if they want to wreck shit
>>
>>70819863

In Afghanistan the us is particular about targets, and must carefully parse terrorists from civilians. That's why it's hard.

If the us military wanted for some reason to kill all of its citizens or force them into slave labor or whatever retarded nonsense hillbillies believe then all Americans would be targets and the government could just carpet bomb cities until they surrendered. Of course the entire concept is fucking ludicrous and politicians and billionaires have literally NO reason to do such a thing when it would be biting the hand that elects them and buys their companies products and the government would face global sanctions and fuck up its trade with every country...

I mean even a brief moment of critical thinking debunks the entire notion
>>
>>70819342
it's the only guarantee and safeguard from government tyranny, exercising that right is what every murrican should do, as accepted courtesy and show of solidarity for people's shared good and not just be played off as a liberty for enthusiasts to get obsessed over

I'm deeply jealous of murricas 2nd amendment and feel they have compromised too much on it already - you should be legally allowed to own a fucking "assault helicopter" if you want to
>>
>>70820321

What's your argument? America is loaded out the ass and armed citizens fail to stop 99% of its shooting sprees

Also gun and murder rate in France are lower per capita than USA even with the mass shootings.

Nothing in your post is an argument against gun control
>>
>>70821219
I know it's bait but there are

dumbasses who actually think their little guns can safeguard themselves from government tyranny.

what's a predator drone?
>>
>>70821245
implying there was actually 1% of shooting spree stopped by an armed citizen.
>>
I'm pretty neutral when it comes to guns and have no strong opinions either way. I'm not American so it doesn't involve me.
But I don't understand what Americans mean with all this "tyranny" talk. No group has successfully fought back against government agencies inside the US. They get BTFO every single time. It's delusional to think you would fair any different.
>>
File: 1465846194629.jpg (97 KB, 613x626) Image search: [Google]
1465846194629.jpg
97 KB, 613x626
>>70819079

HOW ABOUT BANNING ASSAULT MUSLIMS
>>
>>70819079

It's gun laws, American culture, Islam, homophobia, hate crime, repressed homosexuality and aggression all mixed into one cluster fuck.

To blame it on one factor alone in my opinion is narrow minded.

Still love Conan, and feel sorry for the victims tho.
>>
>>70821273
how about we get rid of all the muslims and the guns?
>>
File: 1392112330299.jpg (102 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1392112330299.jpg
102 KB, 640x427
>53 dead poofters
>tragedy
>>
>>70821273
imo, we should have a law that makes it illegal to kill other people.
>>
>>70821291
WE SHOULD GET RID OF ALL THE MUSLIMS -WITH- THE GUNS :^)
>>
>>70821290
we need to get rid of all the guns, that's what needs to be done but it's deem too radical, so people keep saying we need to "ban assault weapons" which is a pussy ass half measure
>>
>>70821291
and the men?
>>
>>70821245
>America is loaded out the ass and armed citizens fail to stop 99% of its shooting sprees
Using that logic I guess we should rid of the police since they, too, fail to stop 99% of shooting sprees.

>Also gun and murder rate in France are lower per capita than USA even with the mass shootings.
France has less dindus.
>>
>>70821311
why would you need guns if there aren't muslims?
>>
>>70821313
you need to get rid of everybody who is not white or asian, guns themselves are a half measure
>>
>>70819424

Why the fuck would a bunch of American soldiers agree to kill their families and countrymen because a politician said so? What fucking general would take that order? Where would that vote come from? Shit a congressman better be careful voting on whether or not to wage war against their own country, if the measure fails those who voted for high treason might hurt their chances in the following reelection

Goddamn I swear /pol/ is even dumber than /b/
>>
>>70821328
THE SAME REASON KEBAB REMOVAL REQUIRES ACCORDIONS
>>
>>70821328
Niggers
>>
>>70821205
there are other forms of tyranny than mass-murdering your citizenry
>>
>>70821328
Because we'd still have blacks
>>
>>70821333
some white dude shot the Voice singer a day before
>>
>>70821341
because a politician said so
>>
>>70821334

Please enlighten me. After the army has slaughtered their own parents and children and bombed their own infrastructure to hell what's the next step of the master plan? It's not enslavement or death, so what?
>>
>>70819243
Fallon has such a punchable face.
>>
it got stupid a few months back when he started digging in to donald trump hardcore, without any decent jokes to back it up with a valid reason for all the shots.

meanwhile I think they also hinted at hillary being president multiple times

he is by far the best tv show host but this liberal political shit has zero place on his show
>>
>>70821341
>Why the fuck would a bunch of American soldiers agree to kill their families and countrymen because a politician said so?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mllAnPKS6Zs
>>
>>70821313

I'm Australian, and even though I have strict gun control laws in my country which have prevented mass shootings, I think it has something to do with an element of shitty back ground checks (Omar "shoot the gays for Allahs praise" Mateen bought the gun legally despite being under surveillance from the FBI), Radical Islam, and a shit load of other factors.

But for the time being, you have a right to bear arms. I just wish it didn't lie in the hands of punks, terrorists and psychos who want to kill you.

Again, my deepest sympathies.
>>
>>70820321
>Because France's gun control laws worked so well to stop Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan massacre

Funny how American gun nuts actually went and proved through rehearsed reenactments that in the Charlie Hedbo shooting, irregardless of someone inside the office having a gun, it would have made no difference, they would have failed to stop the shooters. The only instance where the shooters were stopped by the victims in this reenactment scenario was if there were at least two staffers who were both armed, and usually one of them still ended up dead. The one time someone actually survived the shooting scenario without dying in the process of trying to stop the shooters was when the person just ran and escaped. So having a gun didn't mean jackshit.
>>
>>70821363

If it's not violent repression it can be handled through voting and policy preferences so what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>70821328
Because deer, aka forest kebabs
>>
>>70821359
>>70821374
that's cuz you bred slaves to be strong and aggressive, now white people need guns to control free range niggers.

and muslims take those same guns to shoot faggots and whites
>>
>>70821389

Crashing the country! With no survivors!
>>
>>70819356

No they aren't. Automatic rifles are fun so go suck a dick faggot.
>>
File: 1453835444269.jpg (78 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1453835444269.jpg
78 KB, 700x933
>>70821411
>irregardless
>>
>>70821245
armed citizens fail to stop 99% of its shooting sprees

i'd ask for sauce on that claim but it's useless. thwarted shooting sprees don't make national news.

there is also the fact that these mass murderers are complete cowards and choose their targets carefully as to not risk being shot back at. ie. gun-free zones or areas they already know where the people aren't likely to be very pro-2nd. a gay bar in Florida is about as much of a 'fish in a barrel' scenario he could have picked.
>>
>>70821328

Racism aside, it's often to do with criminals, muggers and other psychopaths.
>>
>>70821406

The civil war was two separate nations, with their own cultures and nationalism and ideologies. Are you a moron? /pol/s argument is that citizens need guns to defend themselves against a blanket attack of the government and the army against their own people for no nationalistic or ideological reason which was the sole motivator for the soldiers in the civil war. The two aren't comparable.
>>
File: 1449742542798.jpg (77 KB, 745x672) Image search: [Google]
1449742542798.jpg
77 KB, 745x672
>>70821313
Yeah banning guns totally works. As evidenced by my country - Australia. Where gangs of middle easterners do drive by shootings every single fucking day and bikie gangs have shoot outs with ak-47s. It's a fucking paradise without guns here.
>>
>>70821408
no mate, here in america you don't even need any back ground check if you are buying from a private owner from a gun show
>>
>>70821444
Idiot Americans. What did you expect?
>>
>>70821341
>Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Read a book you stupid nigger.
>>
>>70821415
>niggers are the same everywhere in the world
>but it's the white yank's fault that they're savage in burgerland I tell you what!
>>
>>70820040
>>70820164
This right here. I don't even own a gun and I'm not stupid enough to think cops will come and save me if anything goes down at my home.
>>
>>70821441

So why would it matter if we had fun control or not? Gays cubans in a Florida club will be mostly unarmed regardless of gun laws
>>
File: laughlaughlaugh.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughlaughlaugh.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>70821443
>The civil war was two separate nations
>because it was split from one
>it happened in the best
>it can never happen again
>that would be inconcievable

>with their own cultures and nationalism and ideologies
>There's only one unified culture in all of america, everyone agrees 100% ideologically
>>
>>70821444
sounds like your government did a shitty job banning guns.

banning guns mean you can't have ak-47 shoot out everyday
>>
>>70821444

But m8 we didn't ban every single gun.

We introduced a buy back scheme.
>>
>>70821494
I know right? How are these criminals managing to circumvent the law? It boggles the mind.
>>
>>70821321

Cops always stop the shooting spree of the killer doesn't sudoku. So, no, cops should keep guns. Citizens are the useless asshats that can't do anything even when armed
>>
>>70819243
Noah is doing better than Wilmore because Wilmore is so God awful
>>
>>70821252
The best part is that there's a HUGE amount of crossover between people who think their guns will protect them from the military, and people who go on about how hot shit the US military is. Proud burger patriots who go on about how much their armed forces kick ass, but they wouldn't hesitate to shoot them if they had to.
>>
>>70821451

You're fucking joking...
>>
>>70821494
They should probably make sure to outlaw murder like we have in my country so it is impossible to be harmed from thos ak-47s.
>>
>>70821313
you know, i have to watch drugs ruin large swaths of people's lives where i live. they should just ban drugs.
>>
>>70821341
>Why the fuck would a bunch of American soldiers agree to kill their families and countrymen because a politician said so? What fucking general would take that order?
You've obviously never heard of Germany, Ireland and Korea. Those countries were split up by external forces (normally as result of an international war) and then forced to fight each other. And e.g. North Koreans definitely have relatives in South Korea, but the government doesn't care. If a soldier talks bad about the government he gets imprisoned or shot.

America had a similiar situation with the civil war, but i dont know much about that.
>>
>>70821512

God, it's almost as if they're participating in an illegal act!
>>
>>70821469

>the civil war was government tyranny stopped by the 2nd amendment

The civil war was two disparate nations going to war. Nothing like the /pol/ government boogeyman scenario they use as an argument for looser gun laws
>>
>>70821494
i know, they keep shooting in gun free zones too.

last i heard some even shot some guns inside france
>>
>>70821548
there's this place call singapore, where carrying 5 grams of cocain nets you an instant death sentence

it's a matter of willing to do what's necessary
>>
>>70821487

Who said that? People are trying to compare the civil war and a scenario where the public has to fend off the army. How are the two comparable? Please enlighten me. There are no two radicalized sides in America ready to fight. And if they wanted to they couldn't because they share the same neighborhoods, it'd be impossible to separate farms and infrastructure even to fight
>>
>>70821412
>voting and policy preferences

you just answered your own question

tyranny doesn't mean "violent oppression"

when the will of the voter becomes null and void and you only have puppets to vote for, that's what guns are for.
>>
Can an American explain the obsession with guns to me, please?
>>
>>70821608
>Please enlighten me.

You made a statement
>Why the fuck would a bunch of American soldiers agree to kill their families and countrymen because a politician said so?

The civil war is an example where a bunch of american soldiers agree to kill their countrymen because a politician said so.
>>
>>70821597

I can attest to this.

Lived there for 2 years of my life. What anon says here is true.
>>
>>70821629
they are like really cool toys
>>
>>70821629
They're metal cocks that fire freedom. God bless.
>>
>>70821629
Can you explain your aversion to guns?
Didn't think so.
>>
File: freedombird.jpg (167 KB, 597x693) Image search: [Google]
freedombird.jpg
167 KB, 597x693
>>70821629
GUNS ARE FUCKING AWESOME

USA USA USA
>>
>>70821341
They don't have any problem bombing poor people in other countries, why do you think Americans are special
>>
>>70821646
I don't wanna get shot for no reason
>>
I feel like this is relevant.

>gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05/mass-killings-stopped-by-armed-citizens.html
>>
>>70821557

How would the most powerful nation be partitioned by outside forces? Do you think that's a possibility in 2016? That America will simply been conquered, colonized, or in any way invades on land? Because it's idiotic and no nation is interested in it besides 3rd world turds because countries with modern armies have modern economies that rely on US markets. Why are poltards understanding of global politics limited to 1950s thinking?
>>
>>70821660
better get a gun then
>>
Should we start arming school students and teaching them anti-terror drills in school?
>>
>>70821684
America: If you don't have a gun, you deserve to be shot
>>
>>70821623

shockingly idiotic
>>
>>70819892
>>70820785
He didn't just duel wield, He had multiple loaded pistols on him so when he runs out he just whip out another pistol ready to go. He knew reloading would take time and he wouldn't get the kill count he wanted before cops arrive.
>>
>>70821646

Dude, I love vintage guns. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be sensible gun laws restricting certain type of guns being sold to civilians and in general having better enforcement and efficient bureaucracy for the ways one can buy guns.
>>
>>70821695
no because there's really no actual functional anti-terror drills
>>
>>70821630

No it's not. It's a situation where two seperate nationalities and cultures waged war on each other. They were connected only in technicality
>>
>>70821678
Shame the list is so poorly structured, but maybe he didn't have enough data for it.

I'd like a number on how many died, and how many more could be assumed to have died as well if armed citizens didn't intervene.
Maybe a low estimate, a high estimate and an average setimate.
>>
>>70821629
it's freedom and liberty incarnate, right in your arms. something you wouldn't know anything about.
>>
>>70821712
you can have all the muskets front loaders you want, 100 round drum mags on an AR is another story.
>>
>>70821630

>The civil war is an example where a bunch of american soldiers agree to kill their countrymen because a politician said so.

The rising tide of nationalism and secession weren't the will of any particular politicians, it rose out of the public first
>>
>>70821696
Real life: If you don't have a gun, criminals will see you as an easy victim
>>
File: rail.jpg (118 KB, 770x493) Image search: [Google]
rail.jpg
118 KB, 770x493
>>70821684
What if I am a gun?

pic related is me btw
>>
>>70821411
They marked armed civilian. It was not clean experiment.
>>
>>70821696

Well isn't that America's answer to each mass shooting? Throw more guns at it.
>If people were allowed to carry guns without restrictions, this type of thing would never happen.

I mean, after Sandy Hook people were insisting that teachers ought to carry guns or schools had armed guards at the premises.
>>
this thread is a perfect example of why the media and public conversation went onto gun control instead of the extremist islamic state
>>
>>70821695
Naeh.
Arm a few teachers though.
>>
File: 1278917563183.jpg (4 KB, 150x155) Image search: [Google]
1278917563183.jpg
4 KB, 150x155
>>70821725
>two seperate nationalities
What? This is like when yanks try to claim that every state in the US is like its own country.
>>
>>70819676
Do I also have 3 hours like the goat fucker?
In that case I think I'll manage thanks.
>>
>>70821700
so you have no defense?

your point was "the only thing the government can do to oppress the people is kill them all! haha! checkmate idiots!"

they can disenfranchise the voter on a national scale or force a false dichotomy between elected candidates (they sure wanted to this election).
>>
You can kill children, disabled people, the homosexuals, a church full of Christians, high school kids, university students, women who rejected you in America and the government doesn't do a single thing about it.
I'd say that makes you guys look like cucks. Not knowing if the next time you went outside a beta male, thug or even a police officer could kill you is pretty fucking pathetic as a country.
>>
>>70819079

>spy on all of your citizens
>still cant stop some fuck shooting up a club
>>
>>70819079
End excessive orange hair quiff.
>>
>>70821656

Because they'd be bombing their own towns houses friends and families. It's nonsensical. In the civil war armies crossed borders into enemy states where everything was a target. In your hypothetical situation soldiers are literally attacking themselves, it's too idiotic of an idea to even entertain
>>
>>70821746
it's the over abundance of guns that arms the criminals in the 1st place.

of course getting into a shoot out with criminals is a much better option.
>>
>people blaming guns as if they're the sole reason behind shootings/horrible gun crime in the USA

Yeah that's why Switzerland has all that horrible gun crime, right? Oh wait, no they don't. Still, must be the guns though right?
>>
>>70819342
Educate yourself about what the second amendment is about.

I'm not gonna give up my rights.

Technically you can commit mass murder with a truck or a car too just run blindly into a group of people
>>
>>70821747
I think you need a human desu
>>
>>70821808
Dumb point. It's hard as shit to get ammo in there.
>>
>>70819924
>>70820371

You don't see how semi auto rifles can make a spree killing far more deadly?
>>
>>70821680
The 2nd amandment was made like 200-300 years ago, right? (im not American).
You can't just think about it like oh it's 2016 we're fine, because you dont know what will happen in the future.
What if China, or Russia goes crazy in 2050, or 2100, or 2200, and attacks the US?
Ideally, due to the 2nd amandment, people would be able to defend themselves against the invaders too so it doesnt even come to america being conquered
>>
>>70821800
Yeah lets just throw away all our guns.
Then the criminals won't have any either.
>>
>>70821800
Yeah that's why criminals don't have guns where guns are illegal. Because they're not willing to commit the crimes to get them, those pesky criminals.
>>
>>70821494
yea strange right? as if criminals don't even respect the law or something
>>
The foundation of the United States of America is a small government. The government is not meant to have a monopoly on power which it can use to intimidate and coerce its citizens. The cognitive dissonance is that most people will recognize the increased corruption of the government, and yet they'll fail to recognize that the right to guns is literally the last bulwark against tyranny. If a few fags need to get shot for the sake of liberty, they should give their AIDS infested blood with gratitude.
>>
>>70821341
/pol/ already knows that most of the military would revolt.
They also know you can't run a police state with carpet bombs.
If there was a civil war then the current government is fucked as things stand now. That's why disarming the population is good for them.
>>
>>70821816
techincally you can sneak into a hospital and stab everyone with a pair of scissors when they sleep

but that doesn't happen

what happens is mass shootings

and dumbasses stopping reforms by holding onto their rights
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623 KB, 1000x563
>Live in Australia
>one mass shooting happens
>ban most firearm types purchases for civilians
>no mass shootings since

wow.

Seriously it's become so common in the U.S. now that you forget about that shit in a week.

Soon it's going to be like a car bomb going off in Iran or Pakistan killing hundreds of people, literally nobody gives a fuck - most don't even know it happened.
>>
>>70821848
>>70821864
Guys why don't we just make criminals illegal?
>>
>>70821848
How about we just stop flooding the country with new guns? There's already enough guns going around to arm every goddamn person in the country three times over.
>>
>>70821848
>>70821851
>>70821864
then at least it'll make all the criminals really easy to target by the cops.

and they cops can flat out shoot anybody with a gun because they are definitely criminals
>>
File: 1448171067040.png (223 KB, 808x2985) Image search: [Google]
1448171067040.png
223 KB, 808x2985
>>70821408
>>70821888
Fuck off retards.
>>
Gun control in the USA is a lost cause. It's a retarded idea.

Banning guns in the USA would literally only take it from law abiding citizens. Guns are ALREADY everywhere in the USA, banning them won't make them all go away. The fact of the matter is that the ALREADY EXISTING guns black market would simply expand with the MASSIVE surplus of contraband weaponry, and criminals would still get their hands on unidentifiable, untraceable weapons.

The reason gun control worked in countries like the UK was due to the surrounding circumstances being vastly different, and the gun culture being severely lesser. Even prior to the banning of guns in the UK, the relative gun crime was low.

That's not even arguing the constitutional point of protecting the 2nd Amendment, which has absolutely valid reasons for existing. Now, I agree that things need to a bit tighter and loopholes regarding gun shows and such need to be aired out, but the 2nd Amendment shall not be infringed. Not only for the fact that it's worth protecting in it's own right, but also the precedent it sets for the rest of the constitution.
>>
>>70821767

Do you know anything about us history? The north and south were virtually separate countries. Hence the nationalistic fervor and forming their own country. Are you 10?

>>70821785

even if 3rd 4th 5th and 6th party candidates didn't exist (which they do and people choose to not vote for out of their partisanship and fear of the "wrong" side losing) your scenario is idiotic. The people become terrorists, kill politicians, and then what? Who decides who gets elected? Who oversees the electoral process and regulates it's fairness? How does killing them fix the system? How could the democratic process even be legitimate afte that if an armed coup was legitimate prior?
>>
>>70821788
>not giving into pearl-clutching makes you a cuck

doubleplusgood
>>
>>70821306
underrated post
>>
>>70821888
>>no mass shootings since
Except the Monash University shootings but we don't like to talk about that :^)
>>
>>70819316
tbs cut the security budget?
>>
>>70821903
I agree with most of this but the 2nd amendment is an outdated law that's only applicable to the days before modern firearms.

also so far all we have is how things won't work but we're not hearing about what things will work
>>
>>70819079
Copfag here, I agree with this.
>inb4 muh rights you pigs
The only time I or anyone I know have dealt with someone with a purchased semi auto, he killed a few civilians, shot an officer (who luckily lived), shot up some houses, and then shot at our helicopter. His motive was apparently "fuck everyone." On paper, he was eligible to buy one and he did. There is no reason why he should've been given the chance to do that.

I'm all for our rights as citizens, and having a gun is one of them. But a semi isn't just a gun, it's a tool only utilized to destroy, not defend. I hate when talk shows get preachy, but I'm on board there.
>>
>>70821252
and it's relevant how, dummy? that's as good as saying IT'S CURRENT YEAR

not an argument
>>
I always think about Timothy McVeigh when threads like these pop up
>>
>>70821964
>I agree with most of this but the 2nd amendment is an outdated law that's only applicable to the days before modern firearms.
yeah, no
>>
>>70821993
thanks for resorting to name calling.

just stating the fact that "defend against possible government tyranny" is an invalid reason of gun ownership
>>
>>70819821
>clip

Why do liberals always opine on shit they know nothing about?
>>
>>70821785

Sounds like you want electoral process changes. You should write to your congressional representative about it. Their main goal is getting reelected, if the constituency shows that electoral process reform is important to them then that politician will start bringing it up and attempting to form committees to tackle it. Academic literature shows that this does in fact happen, and congressmen are more responsive to their constituencies than their own party leadership. So instead of threatening to kill your senator, write him a letter and encourage your friends to as well. That's how change is effected in a representative democracy
>>
Why do pro-gun nuts have this circle-jerk fantasy of an uprising overthrowing the government and that they are some John Wayne type hero that will be there with their gun to save the day?
>>
>>70821912
the people typically don't see 3rd party candidates. you know that you have to poll 15% nationally now to be able to make it to presidential debates? it's not inconceivable that the ceiling could be raised to 25% by the two-party system. or 40%. it's easy to control who the populace sees and who they can vote for.

>The people become terrorists, kill politicians, and then what? Who decides who gets elected? Who oversees the electoral process and regulates it's fairness? How does killing them fix the system? How could the democratic process even be legitimate afte that if an armed coup was legitimate prior?

the nation's founding was an armed coup. the people decide based on their view of what's right. hopefully that involves honoring the constitution. that is the central problem of revolutions, though, that no one can honestly say.

but i can just as easily ask all sorts of bullshittery questions able these future oppressed people and their quality of life.
>>
>>70822049
it's not invalid, it's true and essential
>>
>>70822059
what else are they going to do with their over priced over leathal toys?

they probably fantasize about getting robbed too

still a better option than actually shooting somebody
>>
>>70821993

It is an argument, a powerful one at that. If the us congress somehow voted 2/3 to attack its own cities, and the soldiers in that army somehow decided to bomb and shoot their own houses and towns (not the same as the civil war which was two separate countries) then an armed public would have no chance against being carpet bombed into oblivion
>>
>>70822059
why are you projecting?
>>
>mass shootings mostly occur in gun free zones
>"I have a brilliant idea, lets turn everywhere into a gun free zone!"
>>
>>70822054
the US isn't at the point where anyone needs to get killed. but if you come to have no bargaining chip why should he listen to you? why would he listen if he knew he'd get re-elected without your consent because he has the system bought?

in that scenario you need every bit of threat the state has.
>>
Do these people really think just because you ban the sale of these guns, people who want them won't be able to get them? LOL, thats fucking stupid as shit. If somebody wants an assault rifle to murder a bunch of people, they will get one.
>>
File: 1463909236113.png (212 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1463909236113.png
212 KB, 600x450
>>70822105
That is a scenario that would literally NEVER fucking happen, or even begin to happen.
>>
>>70822096
if it's you and your buddies with some ARs against the government, I'm sorry to break it to you but you're gonna lose, fast

keep in mind it's a tyrannical government that's not above using drone strikes, nerve gas, and tanks on it's own citizens. which is why your righteous gang is fighting against it in the first place
>>
>>70822105
it's not powerful because your narrative how government gone bad would play out is simplistic and dumb

yes, it's a civil war narrative and it's still relevant
>>
>>70822067

its the publics own fault for not seeing 3rd party candidates as viable. They are purposefully ignored by the population in order to vote for the more likely candidate, who is only more likely because the public is stuck in a cycle of wanting to vote 3rd party but can't because they aren't viable because they won't vote 3rd party.
>>
A government that disarms people will eventually trample on other rights. You see it in Europe now where they've given up their right to gun ownership and are now also giving up their right to free speech.
>>
>>70820040

American cops have no legal obligation to assist you. The first and best method of defence available to you is yourself. A gun will significantly improve your ability to defend yourself.
>>
>>70821901
>all the firearm numbers drop after the gun control is introduced

???

I don't get it.

And wow
>one shooting where two people died
>another where one died

Not to lessen the value of human life, but that is literally less than pittance compared to the U.S.
>>
>>70822142
well, i guess we'll just all get murdered without trying to change anything.

good night
>>
>>70819079
>Citizens attacked
>Punish citizens
Sounds about right.
>>
>>70822154
again, dumb fucking narrative, why are you spinning it, how does it address the issue and how does it justify doing away with guns?
>>
>>70822150

Is that because all the rednecks would rise up and overthrow the government?

>1776 will rise again
>remember to buy your water filter
>>
>>70822154
Nice meme
>>
>hurrr guys with guns can't defeat the all powerful us military!!!

It worked it Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. The US military's record for fighting insurgents is garbo.
>>
>>70822174
American cop are all freaked the fuck out because every citizen they run into is potentially armed

no other country would have a kid be shot to death because he's holding a foil wrapped sandwich
>>
File: Commodore Norrington.jpg (18 KB, 435x358) Image search: [Google]
Commodore Norrington.jpg
18 KB, 435x358
Americans are the kind of people who believe it is acceptable to have the right to access and own a firearm up until the very moment that person turns that gun on a crowd of people and pulls the trigger.

They are third-world-tier retarded. That's why their stance is so perplexing to ordinary sane people in first world countries.
>>
>>70821798
>Because they'd be bombing their own towns houses friends and families.
They wouldn't be bombing their friends. They'd be bombing houses of evil communists, terrorists or whatever other group with different ideology. Let's consider the Trumpets vs SJWs dilemma at the moment. SJWs think that trumpets are racist bigots. Trumpets think that SJWs are braindead communists. Both groups think that the other group is just a bunch of subhumans. Even though both groups comprise of Americans, they wouldn't consider themselves as friends. Of course both movements will spread propaganda to motivate their troops to kill the opposing subhumans. Germans, Russians and the Chinese happily killed a lot of enemies of the state during WW2.
>>
>>70822181
Firearm deaths weren't decreasing at a significantly decreased rate, there's a reason they show all the years before the gun ban too, firearm deaths were already in decline.

>>70822203
No, because you have a completely unrealistic, naive conception of reality and need to stop talking. Nothing in your 'scenario' makes sense so it's not a compelling argument in favour or against anything. It's like a 13 year old's 1984 fanfiction.
>>
>banning guns will stop terrorist attacks

Go tell that to France.
>>
>>70822136

What the fuck? us house representatives aren't some shady upper crust elite with connections, they're are elected by a majority of their own small counties and districts because they responded well to the particular complaints in that area. Nothing bought and paid for there, they're generally small, tight elections.

we already know that congressmen are more concerned with their constituencies than their party leaders concerns, the research is conclusive on that
>>
>>70822163
because they don't even know about the 3rd party because the media doesn't tell them. i wouldn't blame the people for being manipulated, they're just uninformed.
>>
>>70822254
*significantly increased rate
>>
>>70822236
Have fun with your rapefugees, eurotrash.
>>
>>70821989
so.. mr. cop, that handgun on your side is a semi-auto, correct? i mean revolvers haven't been issued in ages. also, your aware that police themselves keep AR rifles in their squad cars, correct?

>But a semi isn't just a gun, it's a tool only utilized to destroy, not defend.

so if you ARE a cop you believe that your own weapons are not for defense, but only for destruction.
>>
>>70822201

That's the narrative you constructed. The argument was that citizens with guns can defend themselves from a tyrannical government. The fact is they couldn't.
>>
>>70822275
You people are literally on the same level as nigger trash in Somalia.
>>
>>70819079
He means absolutely nothing. I have two ARs in my closet and there are millions of them in the country. There is already enough to go around a ban will make no difference.
>>
>>70822161

Please explain your hypothetical situation. How does the evil government take over the world. What's their strategy?
>>
>>70822291
>The argument was that citizens with guns can defend themselves from a tyrannical government. The fact is they couldn't.

Objectively false. There have been literally thousands of successful insurgencies throughout history. You should really do some research on a topic before you jump in on a conversation about it.
>>
>>70822291
The U.S. government wouldn't be able to quell citizen resistance by just killing everything, they actually have to establish order and control areas. In Iraq and Afghanistan they didn't just go around killing everyone in hostile territory, retard. It's much harder to establish a status quo if the people who's streets you need to patrol are all armed and unhappy with your method of governing.
>>
>>70822272

To increase 3rd party candidate visibility would you lobby for electoral reform, or threaten to kill politicians until the laws change?
>>
>>70822224
>The US military's record for fighting insurgents is garbo.
It's the same for every country. It's not like insurgents have some special holy water against Americans - they're just difficult to fight by nature. There's a reason why Afghanistan is called the graveyard of empires for example.
>>
>>70822254
>firearm deaths were already in decline.

So what's the harm in making them more restricting?

I believe there honestly would have been a lot more at least attempts at mass shootings over the years if the laws were as relaxed as the U.S. are now.
>>
>>70821989
First of all you sound too uninformed to be a cop. But if you are and they tried to do a ban if you faggots came to take my guns I will die in a shoot out and take as many of you down as I can. And there are thousands who will do the same.
>>
>Wealthy celebrities and personalties trying to restrict my rights because it offends their sensibilities to allow the common man to effectively defend himself.

Fuck off commie pigs. Free men can defend themselves and don't need the cops that you hate on so much.

>>70822302
>gayr-15s
Get some class, son.
>>
>>70822339
>It's the same for every country.
This is true but this conversation is about the american government and its military.
>>
>>70822325

Are you comparing 3rd world or 300 year old coup de etats and revolutions with fat white Americans going toe to two with the entire us military? Because that's unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>70822354
>Fuck off commie pigs.
You know commies believe in revolutions too, right? Gun ownership is in their favour.
>>
>>70822264
>we already know that congressmen are more concerned with their constituencies than their party leaders concerns, the research is conclusive on that

sure, this i can get behind

>us house representatives aren't some shady upper crust elite with connections

but this is kind of silly. "shady upper crust elite with connections" is exactly how i'd describe them once they've joined that club. whether that would allow them to buy elections at this point is another thing entirely, we're talking about the future. SuperPACs exist, a foot-in-the-door. congressmen are mostly just useful idiots, presidential politics is what matters.
>>
>>70822362
>we should ignore these facts because they prove me wrong
>>
>>70822326

Why would the government be violently cracking down in the first place?

Also I really don't middle class American housewife morale is going withstand a single exchange of gunfire let alone handling weeks of mortaring
>>
>>70822345
>So what's the harm in making them more restricting?
Taking guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens (during the gun buyback almost all of the approx. million guns acquired were given back voluntarily).
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.