[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't normalfags care about it until the HBO show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
Why didn't normalfags care about it until the HBO show?
>>
>>70817158
Because no one knew it existed
>>
>>70817158
kill yourself
>>
>>70817195

Even though it was decently popular?
>>
>>70817158
Because normalfags don't read
>>
>>70817219
It really wasn't
>>
>>70817195
I'm pretty sure Feast for Crows topped the New York Times bestseller list when it released back in 2005

the series was always popular, it just didn't completely overwhelm to pop culture lexicon until the TV series, just like Harry Potter wasn't a bona fide smash hit until the movies.
>>
Tbh it was actually pretty popular as a fantasy book series before the show came around. Now it was nowhere near as well known as it was now but it was still well known and was considered to be among the best fantasy series. Pretty sure by the second one it was a NY times bestseller.
>>
>People were talking about the books all over campus
>Hadn't read fantasy in a long ass time
>Talking to a girl at the front desk of a dorm about stuff and she brings up the books
>She just refers to them by author though
>For some reason, get GRRM mixed up with Brian Jacques and start rambling enthusiastically about the Redwall series for a while

It's one of those moments that haunts me late at night sometimes.
>>
>>70817261

Pretty much this. I got into the series soon after AFFC came out in paperback and the fanbase is drastically different to what it was a decade ago.
>>
>>70817158
>normalfags
>read

Pick one
>>
>>70817326
>and the fanbase is drastically different to what it was a decade ago.

unfortunately
>>
Because normal people don't read books about fantasy dragons and that crap
>>
>>70817315

My biggest /lit/ related regret is getting Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow mixed up with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six when I was young.
>>
>>70817158
Because reading fantasy books is nerdy as fuck, its worse than jacking off to Ms PacMan. And by definition not something normies would do.

Same reason why normies didn't read comics. But Marvel movies are super popular.
>>
File: Stand Up Comedian.png (334 KB, 679x496) Image search: [Google]
Stand Up Comedian.png
334 KB, 679x496
>>70817158
NIGGA WHATCHA READIN ABOUT

WHATS A PARLAY
>>
>>70817344

It feels fucking surreal at times seeing how much the quality has changed.

>>70817359

Explain Harry Potter, sure you could say the movies but I'm pretty certain people read those.
>>
Normies don't read.
>>
>>70817389
Harry Potter is a book for kids, it's different

People who liked Harry Potter grew up reading them
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.