[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why no Warhammer 40k kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: Black_Templar_Marine.jpg (122 KB, 620x941) Image search: [Google]
Black_Templar_Marine.jpg
122 KB, 620x941
Why no Warhammer 40k kino?
>>
>>70816280
there is one, with john hurt. it was terrible
>>
>>70816280
Gw is a hoarding bunch of jews
>>
>>70816280

I dont want some cocky piece of shit director to ruin my favorite franchise for his personal gain, fuck off!
>>
Warhammer coming to Hollywood sounds like it would be awful.

>PG13 movie
>all the grittiness removed
>the story is about a Space Marine who only wants to serve the Emperor, but then finds love with an Eldar beauty and learns to become someone who values love and freedom
>>
>>70816976
Thanks kid, I'm a Hollywood producer and you just saved me hiring a writer. Pm your online handle and I'll wire you the royalties when the film's out
>>
>>70816344
This, you edgy speesmareen fuckers had your chance and blew it.
>>
No one wants more ultra smurfs wank
>>
>>70816976
This ťbh. If Warcraft has taught us anything, it's that Hollywood execs will fuck up anything to appeal to the masses and checkboxes.
>>
File: 1397179050409.jpg (77 KB, 472x538) Image search: [Google]
1397179050409.jpg
77 KB, 472x538
It's politically incorrect
>>
Delusional response :Hollywood loves good endings and, role playing aside, there's no possible good ending in a Warhammer 40k movie. Even if they pretend the imperium is the good side and the rest are the ennemies, you still have a good guy with fanatical views, sends billions of men to die every day, commits genocide, etc. Maybe they could frame it as a "humanity, fuck yeah!" movie like Avatar in which the humans would be the good guys but it'd be really hard.

Realistic answer : manchildren power fantasies are hard to market and GamesWorkshop is run by a bunch of jews
>>
Be thankful considering the latest fashion in hollywood is SJW aesthetics we should expect a genderqueer lesbian of colour playing the lead space marine.

You just know you'll get Brienne of Tarth there earning her stripes as the first female space marine, and Idris Elba will be the tough grizzled veteran.
>>
If you were going to basically do free marketing for GW, spending upwards of $100m... what kind of rights and concessions are you going to want off of this shitty small company in Nottingham, England.

Hell maybe you got off of the plane at East Midlands Airport, and were forced to drive through Beeston. Maybe you're pissed when you get to the negotiation because one of the students spat at your car.

Then this second rate corporate chairman demands a percentage of your takings and all IP rights.

You tell him to piss off.
>>
Boring?
>>
>>70820579
Imagine you're GW, you grew this company out of a shop in an ex-mining town and have carefully nurtured it for like 30 years.

Then this overly brash Hollywood exec with a terrible accent offers to buy your franchise, something which exists simply because you have a bunch of autistic monkeys chained up downstairs creating unique IP... but he offers a pittance and maybe a percentage of the takings. You're tempted, you want to see a movie.

Then your lawyer reads the terms and explains them to you; something about oversees IP rights, distribution in the far east, they're not required to make a film and retain creative control.

Then he explains the bit about merchandising rites, the tanned, expensively dressed, shark smiled pillock has slipped in a clause whereby production of toys can be shipped to facilities in China... to keep up with demand.

You tell him to piss off
>>
>>70816976

>The story would be Love Can Bloom

Kino.
>>
>>70820693
>something which exists simply because manchildren are too addicted to resin to stop buying the overpriced shit you have dragged your franchise into with your stupid marketing department decisions.
ftfy
>>
The DoW 3 trailer is kino as fuck tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXrk1ntTCc
>>
>>70816280
I would honestly go for a animated series than a movie
>>
>>70816280
>Crusader-esque armour
>Rampant literal xenophobia
>State sanctioned religion
Bit too heavy for modern politically correct audiences
>>
>>70820823
>Manchildren
Anyone with a brain just buys cheaper models and converts them, they're only banned in their stores and tournaments so it really doesn't matter anyway. They're kept alive by 15 year olds
>>
Shit Sci-Fi that panders to edgy teens
>>
Imperial Guard movie with Death Korps of Krieg,fund iiiit
>>
>>70816280
I honestly think the WH40k universe has great potential for a cinéma if done right. Get a good director and don't scale down the hopelessness and grittyness of the universe and you could have a great movie.
>>
File: Trumpster.png (3 MB, 1036x4314) Image search: [Google]
Trumpster.png
3 MB, 1036x4314
Make a rouge trader film or Horus Hersey mini series sorta like Arrested Development Season 4 with the same story but told from a different point of view
>>
File: 1465883856066.jpg (346 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1465883856066.jpg
346 KB, 1284x980
>>70823157
>That image

Make it so!
>>
lol nerds
>>
>>70823314
You're on a fucking weeb image board
>>
>>70823157
>comparing based Ferrus to Merkel
>>
>>70816280
They're legit afraid of any other medium getting bigger then their gay little plastic men game.
>>
>>70822173

Shame the gameplay trailer is garbage. That gave me hope.
>>
>>70824416
this.
>>
>>70816976
How would 1 make a Warhammer 40k movie?

I'd like it it to where they focused on Space Marines, Chaos, Orks, and Eldar. Kinda like a journey from youth to adults ending in a big battle. All while making it seem like the characters we see are nothing more the a spec in the entirety of the Warhammer universe
>>
>Everyone is white
>Black guys are coal black due to mutations
>The "good guys" are imperialistic, xenophobic, fanatic warmongers
>99% of the cast are men. Real men, not the nu-male of today's standards.
>The Space Marines will be hell to make and require a lot of CGI, especially next to normal humans.
>The aliens will be even harder, especially Chaos who must appear monstrous and maddening without being (too) ridiculous.
>It's not mainstream enough to attract people so most viewers and critics will spam TRUMP THE MOVIE LELEL SO RACIST at the first five minutes of it.
>People can't handle the hyperbolic exaggeration of the 40k universe.

Nah, it won't happen.
>>
>>70816410
like it's hard for someone that enjoys chainswords to make a badass little one off, i mean it can go anywhere from war across systems to like a squad of 4 fighting off some orks on a ship.
>>
>>70827956
>nuns with guns
...or ya and the other girls are naked with chainswords...
>>
>>70827956
I don't understand why people think the movie has to be released at a theaters and everything else, when there's other ways to release it now. i mean even crowdfunding to start, and online release with multiple streaming and even sales on steam would not be hard with Dawn of War 3, Vermintide, and Battlefleet Gothic bundles with that shit is something that happens, even with Mad Max.....

but you know, it's got to made for IMAX or not at all.
>>
If I had 3 wishes I would gladly waste one of them on seeing a Band of Brothers-quality adaptation of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels. I always thought a Guard movie would have a much better chance of ending up as some nice grim military sci-fi, anything focusing on muhreens would always end up as nothing more than a long version of DoW cutscenes at best.
>>
>>70818263
You would just make Saving Private Ryan, but in space.
>>
File: 1285400992256.jpg (497 KB, 1127x1630) Image search: [Google]
1285400992256.jpg
497 KB, 1127x1630
>no gaunt's ghost miniseries (with 13 seasons and one more pending)
>>
>>70828690
That or a Rogue Trader series. Its certainly not a universe you want to explore from a military angle though because teh reality is incredibly boring due to its scale and the insignificance of individuals.
>>
>>70828976

>Rogue Trader series

Would be much better for actually exploring the setting to be fair. I love the GG books but their appeal is much more about feeding real life wars through a 40k filter than doing much with 40k itself. Still though

>tfw when you will never see the defense of Vervunhive on screen
>>
File: 1465388962636.jpg (138 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
1465388962636.jpg
138 KB, 599x599
>>70816280
>trying to corrupt the imperial codex by making an adaptation
>>
File: 151-5150.s.jpg (53 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
151-5150.s.jpg
53 KB, 560x420
>>70816280
I remember this group of nerds who used to play Warhammer a year ago in a local comic store, it was like a no girls allowed club in 2016, pretty interesting seeing that these kind of games are the only ones that feminist won't even touch.
>>
>>70829107

They keep trying but it's one of the few fanbases I think is 100% safe from progressives.

>mfw I saw an article arguing that Slaanesh is problematic because it could be taken to imply sexual hedonism is bad and the demons are hermaphroditic
>mfw it's current year and the literal god of excess and deviancy isn't deviant enough for them
>mfw I have no face for this
>>
>>70816280
For the last time, it's a setting not a story. You can't make a 40k movie without it being unbearably autistic or nothing like the source material.
>>
>>70829367
>You can't make a 40k movie without it being unbearably autistic

Sounds good to me, I don't like 40k for its subtlety or mass appeal
>>
>>70829421
Then it wouldn't get the budget required to do the 40k universe justice.
>>
>Warhammer continues to rip off Blizzard by deciding to make a movie after Warcraft.
>>
It is impossible to make a good 40k film that features the primary draws of the setting.
>>
>>70829367
You'd really have to change the source material at that to include women. Especially in this day and age.
>>
The series is way to Grim dark and violent, would need a huge budget and would be washed out to fuck to make it pg13
>>
>>70818263
Are you kidding?
40k has tons of edgy bad guys thatll be enough to appeal to american xenophobia when they get btfo by imperials
>>
>>70829107
Do feminists know they exist?
Surely the know d&d exists... has that been feminised yet?
>>
Because its shit just like warcraft or dnd.
>>
>>70816280
That's just a fucking Terran from Star Craft. Fuck this Chinese knock off horseshit.
>>
>>70818263
>manchildren power fantasies are hard to market

I guess Marvel is a mature, patrician studio then.
>>
>>70830833

keep trying m80 you'll catch someone eventually
>>
File: 1415903282918.jpg (53 KB, 523x499) Image search: [Google]
1415903282918.jpg
53 KB, 523x499
>>70830833
>>
>>70816280
Cause we still have like 11 more warcraft films to come out with.
>>
>>70829107
>pretty interesting seeing that these kind of games are the only ones that feminist won't even touch.

I've got some bad recent news for you, anon...
>>
>>70830568
>>70832563
The reason why it will never ever be touched by SJWs whatsoever is because it needs PASSION and INVESTMENT. It's not a movie or a video game, you can just pop in and make a judgement after 2 hours of playing/watching.
The game in itself takes much longer ton mearn compared to video games where being able to hop as quickly as possible in an objective. Such a thing is not possible with tabletop games. I'l a bit exagerating here, but basically, there's stuff and numbers to remember, and that scares people.
That's for the mechanical parts.

And then there's the fluff parts. The setting is so vast, and the fans so dedicated, any argument of "women representation/race/whatnot" can be quashed in no time, because the whole setting is based on the principle that everything is possible. You can say to SJWs that yes, there's a planet with all their weird social fantasies. And that'll be the end of it.

Tl;dr: It's complicated to use, and dumb people stay away from complicated things. It's safe.
>>
Cos every adult hates what they dont want
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.