[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you feel about his effeminate take on Willy Wonka?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Willy-wonka-depp.jpg (106 KB, 951x756) Image search: [Google]
Willy-wonka-depp.jpg
106 KB, 951x756
How did you feel about his effeminate take on Willy Wonka?
>>
>>70815898
Amber you wish you were this womanly
>>
I honestly don't remember the movie at all besides the Oompa Loompas and Christopher Lee playing his dad
>>
File: Wanker.png (479 KB, 855x432) Image search: [Google]
Wanker.png
479 KB, 855x432
I feel dead inside. So very dead.
>>
>>70815898
I rewatched this recently and I think this movie was genuinely under rated. It delivered exactly what I wanted out of a willie wanka movie. A good remake, I enjoyed his take on the character. He was properly eccentric and anti social.
>>
File: wat a fag.jpg (35 KB, 692x693) Image search: [Google]
wat a fag.jpg
35 KB, 692x693
>>70815898
looks pretty 'effeminate' to begin with friendo
>>
>>70815898
It was good, and I went in wanting to hate it.

Can't hate a decent movie that puts effort into being a worthy remake.
>>
>>70815898
>effeminate

You mean just impersonate Michael Jackson.

It was an uninspired but still fitting take.
>>
>>70816163
>eccentric
>>
>>70816163
What is a dandy, alex?
>>
>>70815898
I loved how genuinely mean-spirited he was towards the children, it was fucking hilarious. I didn't care for the movie overall though, the oompa loompa[s] being a woeful mis-step. How does a guy with Danny Elfman on tap fuck up so badly?
>>
>>70815898
It was his best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy7CEGAGB9Q
>>
>>70815898
The original was one of my favorite films as a kid, I can't even remember how many times I've seen it. It was terrifying at times, heartwarming at others. I've heard the Depp one is truer to the book, but I don't really give a shit. Depp was awful, everything was digital and left me disconnected to what was going on.
>>
File: Strawberries and cream.jpg (77 KB, 370x242) Image search: [Google]
Strawberries and cream.jpg
77 KB, 370x242
>>
>>70818259
BERRIES!? BERRIES AND WHAT ELSE?
>>
>>70818259
I miss stupid yet creative commercials like this, now we just get the same old insurance company bullshit.
>>
>>70817257
They were both good you pleb.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.