[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s opinion on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: descarga (1).jpg (12 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
descarga (1).jpg
12 KB, 184x273
I'd like to hear your impressions.

I'll post mine, but afterwards of the first post, so it doesn't conflict the rythm of discussion
>>
File: 001500Capture.png (1 MB, 1006x920) Image search: [Google]
001500Capture.png
1 MB, 1006x920
>>70810356

Masterpiece.
>>
Holy shit stop with the capeshit
>>
>>70810356
it's utter garbage
>>
got bored and a bit disappointed after the airport battle
>>
OP here.

You'll rape me for it. But I hated Civil War. I won't shitpost, I'll develop further
>>
>>70810356
I thought it was OK, but it wasn't exactly what I'd call amazing.

A lot of the editing in the fight scenes came off as seeming like it was trying to hide rushed or otherwise lackluster fight choreography.

They need to decide once and for all what Wanda's powerset is, because a telekinetic shouldn't be able to "freeze" an explosion mid-detonation.

The Black Panther's introduction was well-handled, and I enjoyed seeing him on the big screen.

Spider-Man's introduction felt very contrived to me and made Tony come off looking like a massive hypocrite.

Zemo's plans relied entirely too much on events he had no way of predicting or knowing, such as Steve never having filled Tony in on Hydra's involvement in his parents' deaths and Tony not already having broken SHIELD's and Hydra's encryption and built his own database with the information.

All of the action felt like there weren't any real stakes or consequences, but overall, I enjoyed the film.
>>
>>70810356
It was good. Thats all to say.

No real impact that BvS and X Men Apocalypse had on me.
>>
>>70810902
Tony being a hypocrite is not a flaw of the movie, the point is he's a flawed character.
>>
>>70810975
Yeah, I agree, but making a big deal out of the accords just to turn around and put a teenager in harm's way is just a bridge too far for me.

There's flawed and then there's poor characterization.
>>
Disneyfied infantile trash.
>>
>>70810902

>They need to decide once and for all what Wanda's powerset is, because a telekinetic shouldn't be able to "freeze" an explosion mid-detonation

A quick Google will tell you she has control over matter and spacetime itself, so.....

And she didn't freeze it, she contained it. It still exploded and caused the damage to the building, which was pretty much a set up for the whole plot. Weren't you paying attention?
>>
It was crap, the central conflict is just a half-hearted stab at relevance while the whole movie just exists for the airport scene which isn't even good.
>>
>>70810356
Amazing. Pure capekino
>>
>>70811169
Except last I heard, the movie incarnation was just labeled as a telepath/telekinetic, and she very much did freeze the explosion. It detonated, she instantly threw up containment around it, and that should have been that. Explosions don't "pause" just from being contained. She then threw that "paused" explosion skyward before she lost "containment," upon which time it then "unpaused" and finished exploding.

That's not how explosions work.
>>
My mom fell asleep
I dont blame her

It sucks.
>>
OP here; here's my deal with Civil War.
I'll go with the things I liked first:

-Good action sequences. Really breath taking; my fav was the first one with Crossbones and the Tony-Cap-Bucky fight at the end.
-First two minutes of Peter Parker, just epic.
-Good looking atmosphere, my fav from MCU. Good narrative as well.
-Good villain; I don't think it made a good Zemo; but he was overall good.
-First half hour of the movie, really, but really good.

Now, here we go with the bad stuff. I'll put it shortly, it's all about the plot. Nothing is wrong except for the plot. I would not dare to call it Civil War, I preffer Cap Am 3 or Avengers Have a Catfight. Here are my keypoints for hating:

1- The Sokovia Accords: OK, I really liked the transition from US act to UN resolution, it makes sense in the real world specially if you think of how global the Avengers must have become so far. But it was supposed to be the matrix, the big beef, the casus belli between the heroes and it wasn't, it was all about Stark, Rogers and Bucky; with the rest of the heroes just helping out for the fun of it. Let's break this down for a sec:
-The comic's act stated that superheroes should register their data in a gov database for security purposes. That would mean real trouble for people like Spidey, Hawkeye or even Ant-Man. But the accords only talk about the Avengers and how they should operate, not as an private organization, but as an UN aproved task force. That really doesn't make a big diference, there is almost no moral or ideological breakpoint between Stark and Rogers. Of course there is Cap's trauma with SHIELD, but I don't feel so much emotional/ideological background to it.
>>
2- Bad hero choice: So let's look at the roster here...
On Tony's side we got Black Widow (Former SHIELD agent, notorious between knowing), The Vision (Has no alter-ego), Black Panther (Could just close his country again), War Machine (Gov agent, no real secret) and Spidey (the only one who could have shit going bad if the Accords go south)

On Cap's side we got Falcon (Same as Black Widow and War Machine), Ant-Man (kinda like Peter), Bucky (The fucking public enemy number 1) Wanda (same shit as War Machine) and Hawkeye (mixed between Peter and Widow).

What do they have in common? They mostly really don't give a damn about following orders from UN or taking off their masks; there would not be a big difference; the whole world knows them. The point? To make Civil War make sense, they needed to add, at least as a cameo, heroes whose lives could go to shit if someone found out about their identity. Such as Daredevil, with Kingpin wanting to kill him. Plus, the whole Cap team is made entirely of heroes whose abilities come from technology. Falcon flies with techno wings, Ant Man uses pym particles, Bucky has a Anakin Skywalker robo-arm, Hawkeye is just a badass archer; the only superhuman is Wanda. There are no real superhumans to be registered in the "act", just people with high killing skills or very fancy tech.
>>
3- Lack of emotional conclict: I won't touch Panther-Bucky; Cap-Bucky-Tony. That was ok and all. But the "Civil War" tearing the heroes appart, I didn't see it. I did not buy for one second the Vision-Scarlet thing, and when I finally was; Hawkeye comes and fucks everything up (And BTW, he had no reason to stand up, except for his friendship with Cap; so it's like WWI; it went to shit because all friends helped out in a fight that was rather between two assholes). I could not feel anything between Hawk and Widow; Spidey was just a cameo and shit. I think War Machine needed to die to make things real.

4-No real consecuences: So yeah; Cap's team got jailed. Like UN is not going to use them at need. Plus, Hawkeye's family could be just fine (so there again, no reason to stand up), Wanda is pretty much jailed for the entire film, etc. Spidey I think is the worst step back in this field; he just broke some bones and that was it. No consecuences for his support on Stark.

I could go on, but I wanna have discussion. So, let's civilwarhere.
>>
>>70810509
Good taste
>>
>>70811663
thanks! I tasted a lot of X-Men, Hulk and Spiderman 3 to get a feel of how shit tastes
>>
>>70811350
>Good action sequences
It looked like they were edited by a 9-year-old.
>>
One of the best movies the MCU has put out
>>
>>70811846
I agree with the "airport was shit", like los. Bit there sede some fairly good scenes
>>
>>70811935
What?
>>
An overlong cameo vehicle with the same flashy punchy/explosion no stakes action marvel's known for with a shoe-horned in over-dramatized draggy plot instigated by a villain that is so boring he could have been played by a potato.

Unless you're the sort that creams your pants when your favorite invincible spandex model gets cameod before being put on the irrelevant shelf, this is a subpar entry into an already meh series of movies.
>>
File: images-96.jpg (35 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
images-96.jpg
35 KB, 400x367
>>70811986
>>
>>70812229
Sounds like BVS
>>
>>70812377

Bvs was even worse.
>>
File: SUPERTURD.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SUPERTURD.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>
>>70810356
Meh. It wasn't bad in any way, it just did nothing for me
>>
File: 1465355544463.jpg (69 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1465355544463.jpg
69 KB, 500x669
>>70812573
Why can I take huge dumps like this yet struggle when I insert a finger in my anus, what's the science behind it?

Genuinely curious
>>
>>70810509
Me too man
>>
>>70812644
my turds are usually even bigger, but I only take a shit between 4~5 days
>>
>>70812703
show me a picture of your turds
>>
>>70812703
You do know that's not healthy right eat more fibre you faggot. You should be pooping once every 2 days
>>
its because your anoos muscle relaxes itself when a turd is to pass so it is loose and shit slides out with ease but in stand by mode its automatically clenching itself to keep shit from pouring out constantly , your asshole is flexing subconsciously and keeping shit from exiting and in turn your finger from entering (unless you use force to expand it )
>>
>>70812757
for >>70812644
>>
>>70810356
3rd act was straight other wise still a super hero movie grow up /tv/
>>70810394
this
>>
>>70810356
It's okay. Really just a middle piece, like, it doesn't hold on its own without the stuff that went before and doesn't go anywhere without what comes after, but it's okay.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.