[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you thought about the conjuring 2? Personally. >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: the conjuring 2.jpg (242 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
the conjuring 2.jpg
242 KB, 1200x600
What did you thought about the conjuring 2?

Personally.

>The warrens are barely in it
>Most scares were handled properly
>These films should stay the fuck away from CGI
>The crooked man was ridiculous
>Stay the fuck away from CGI seriously.
>The demon also looked ridiculous when it was digitalized.

I give it a solid 7/10
>>
It was a total pantomime, those accents, that musical number
>>
>>70807163

Yeah the elvis sing along scene was pretty fucking ridiculous
>>
>>70807100
Loved the change of setting from the first one.
Top tier camerawork and atmosphere.
>dat paintint scene
>>
>>70807509
*painting
>>
>>70807100

These types of movies always have some shit that pisses me off a lot, in this case its the whole fucking "skeptic who has witnessed everything" part.

>Ed saw peggy get bit out of nowhere
>They fucking picked up the dental piece right aftewards
>They recorded janet throwing shit but that still doesnt explains how the hell would a 12 year old girl be able to throw a table across a room
>They heard janet speaking in that possessed voice while she had the water in her mouth.
>BUT THEY STILL THINK ITS ALL FAKE
>>
Ah rate lyked me dem ack'cents, ah did wat wat
>>
>>70807597

Skeptics are pretty hardcore, dude. For a reason; it is all fake in the real world.
>>
Solid 10/10 best horror film of all time
>>
>>70807163
>>70807215
Is it weird that I ended up liking that scene? I can't really explain why. Something about combining the family singing, the girl smiling in the midst of all the demon stuff, and then them using that music for a little montage.
>>
>>70807597
>Ed saw peggy get bit out of nowhere

He didn't see her get bit. He saw her say "OW" then heard the dental piece drop. She could have used it earlier, then said 'ow' when he got closer.

>They recorded janet throwing shit but that still doesnt explains how the hell would a 12 year old girl be able to throw a table across a room

Adrenaline.

>They heard janet speaking in that possessed voice while she had the water in her mouth.

No, they had their backs turned. She could have easily swallowed the water, done the voice, then got another drink while their backs were turned.
>>
>>70809326
no
Most horror is very cynical but a heartwarming family story with neighbors helping out too is a welcome change.
>>
>>70807215
Several people in my theatre bailed on the movie at this point

I thought there were a lot of laughable parts, typical schlock 4/10
>>
File: images-58.jpg (15 KB, 236x311) Image search: [Google]
images-58.jpg
15 KB, 236x311
>>70809369
ayy
What's the matter?
Can't handle the king?
>>
>>70809346

He didn't see her get bit. He saw her say "OW" then heard the dental piece drop. She could have used it earlier, then said 'ow' when he got closer.

>He totally saw her get fucking bit, he was with her the whole time and she was pulled below the water right in front of him, he had full view of her arm and saw she hadnt been bitten yet.

>also missing the most fucking important part: THE DENTAL PIECE COMPLETED THE BITE.
>"the bite is pretty unique, it has 2 missing teeth"
>the dental dam only had those 2 missing teeth, it "closed the circle" that the incomplete bite had left.

Adrenaline.

>No FEMALE child will get enough adrenaline to send a table flying across the room with such force that it heavily smashes against a wall.

No, they had their backs turned. She could have easily swallowed the water, done the voice, then got another drink while their backs were turned.

>You know thats bullshit m8, they would have listened to her taking another glass.

>>70808478

Except these skeptics had already witnessed several phenomena and had straight up exorcized a possessed woman before.

They also witnessed janet teleporting inside a locked room.

>>70807509

Painting scene was top tier atmosphere.

>>70809369

I hated that scene but bailing out of the theater because of it sounds pretty dumb and childlish
>>
>>70807100
CGI was barely used. Crooked Man was that Javier Botet dude who played Mama. Most effects were practical, except one Crooked Man sequence.
I liked the Crooked Man though, the dog transformation was pretty cool. Reminded me of an old B-Rated monster movie transformation.
>>
>>70807100
Didn't like Crooked Man, Too much CGI with Valak especially
Elvis scene did nothing wrong

Painting scene 10/10
Amityville Scene 9/10
Remote scene 9/10
That first person scene where Ed is stumbling through the house with his vision blurred holding his cross out and shouting out shit in Latin 9/10
Ed talking with Bill Wilkins with his back turned 8/10
the Basement scene where that thing walks up behind Ed 8/10
That scene with the crosses turning would've been top tier had it not been in all the commercials

Nice to see a horror movie with a heart for once. Ending it on Ed and Lorraine dancing was sweet and a hundred times better than some cheap jump scare
>>
>>70807100
Supremely comfy. The whole point of these films is the subtext of family breakdown. Which is why no one actually dies.

It's a good christian film that cherishes the traditional family structure and values

8/10
>>
>>70807100
Also forgto to add top cunnyfus as usual
>>
>>70807100
The crooked man looking like shitty animation was on purpose tho
>>
Any hairy chicks in this?
>>
File: mom, who's that?.jpg (25 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
mom, who's that?.jpg
25 KB, 600x337
Based Elvis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47V3w4m1yg

Also this >>70810636
>>
>>70807100
this movie was everything a blockbuster should be tb h, the only thing that bother me was the over exposition at the end
>>
>>70810845
>"only fools rush in"
I thought of that song too in the theater
BASED album
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 820x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 820x359
knock knock

who's there?

bill bill bill bill BILL BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY
>>
What was your favorite part of this movie?

Least favorite?
>>
>>70809326
humanity in horror helps us connect more.
It is what helps elevate horror movies even if the rest is dreck
>>
>>70811109

Whats dreck?
>>
>>70811158
schlock, garabge, otherwise bad stuff that drags a movie down, like poor acting, bad writing ect.

human moments and sound help create an atmosphere in horror where we are always on edge for our characters.
>>
>>70807100
I saw it yesterday, actually. Thought it was hot garbage. If the first one was a 7/10 contemporary horror, then this one was a 3/10 at best. It was Insidious-tier shit.
>>
>>70809896

First off, that's not how you use quotes.

Secondly...

>he was with her the whole time and she was pulled below the water right in front of him, he had full view of her arm and saw she hadnt been bitten yet.

No, he wasn't. He was off fixing the pipe when she was pulled into the water and began to scream. All he saw was her flailing in the water. Then he ran towards her and pulled her up. Then she said "Oh, look..." and showed him her arm.

>No FEMALE child will get enough adrenaline to send a table flying across the room with such force that it heavily smashes against a wall.

It was a small cheaply made table. Also, it didn't fly across the room: she flipped it just in front of the doorway in the video.

>You know thats bullshit m8, they would have listened to her taking another glass.

It is not "bullshit," particularly when she took another glass, since they were focused on the voice and distracted at the end.
>>
File: CXaCdZgWwAAoeDx.jpg (97 KB, 600x751) Image search: [Google]
CXaCdZgWwAAoeDx.jpg
97 KB, 600x751
>>70809962
>Javier Botet

the best
>>
LOL GUYS

im a pussy tell me the jumps scares
>>
Anyone have source on the crooked man being practical effects? A few people have said it in these threads but I don't believe it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-13-22-34-28.jpg (291 KB, 1146x1325) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-13-22-34-28.jpg
291 KB, 1146x1325
>>70811869
>>
>>70811999
For all we know he could just be credited for voice acting or mocap.
>>
>>70812021
no, it would specify
there's a separate credit for the actor who played the demon and for the demon voice

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3065204/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc
>>
>>70810519
This, notice how the scene before that one seemed to be setting up a jump scare but instead nothing happens and it cuts to their dance.
>>
>>70807100
absolutely hated the crane shots and smooth panning the camera was utilizing for the first 25% of the movie.
i feel like it had some decent jump scares better executed than other modern horror. the elvis scene cracked me up, the initial crooked man reveal out of the dog was one of the best on screen depictions of a night terror i've ever seen but the cgi was cheap looking. way too hokey
painting scene was 10/10, touches of VALAK in the background all throughout the warren's house were also cool
>>
>>70809211

This. I was scared as fuck, too.
>>
Fuck anyone that hated the Elvis scene.

Based Patrick Wilson
>>
>>70812734
It was a great scene and the central theme of the movie. Broken, fatherless families are the true horror, and it is upon the vulnerable that demons prey.
>>
>>70811348

Not even the guy you were quoting but how exactly do you explain the bite? As the guy said, it had 2 missing teeth and the dental piece they picked up had those 2 missing teeth alone.

Also, the table was still big enough for a kid, and why would she have an adrenaline surge? She wasnt in danger or anything in particular, you dont get adrenalin surges when making pranks.

Serving yourself another glass is also pretty fucking loud actually since the water and the glass will make sounds.

Lastly: Didn't they actually saw her appearing in a room that was locked with a fucking chain from the outside?
>>
The first one is still the best. I gave it a 10/10. I gave this a 6/10. Not scary. I agree about the CGI.
>>
File: maxresdefault-23.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-23.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Honestly this should have been release during the holidays since the christmas vibes and all. Also, whats the christmas song that plays on the TV?

I'd give it an 8/10 since it has a heart warming vibe, how its not tense all the time. Theres a die down in tension which doesn't cost a scare (ie Safe moment...jk get fucked) The elvis scene was top notch, made me feel safe that despite whats happening things are gonna get better. The ending was a nice touch, no jump scare, just sincere happiness, not like a relieved happiness, but you know, just happy. The ending with the text added to the eerie vibe, how the mother eventually died on the same chair and shit.

Only downside is the nun, like were they being chased around by it? Also the CGI.

Also, best cunny
>>
A horror movie has never even remotely scared me in my entire life, not even the good ones from the 80s.

Is there something wrong with me, or is the entire horror genre fucking garbage as I suspect it to be?
>>
>>70815476
do you watch them at night, and when you are alone?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.