[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are most actors gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 16
Why are most actors gay?
>>
Most people are gay or bi-sexual or for that matter LGBTQ2
>>
>>70805473
Why is your mom gay?
>>
>why are most creative people less inhibited than noncreatives
>>
Come on it's 2016, you should know by now that LGBT people are the majority.
>>
>>70805473
Why the fuck is there no region 1 dvd/blu ray of this?
>>
>>70805536
You think there's a connection between creativity and sexual curiosity? Legit asking here, not memeing.
>>
>>70805536
>actors
>creative

literally overpaid models
>>
>>70805536
I wasn't aware that reading out loud and doing what a man in a chair with a megaphone tells you to do was "creative"
>>
>>70806173
Why aren't you an actor then?
>>
>>70806173
Watch a few student films and you'll realize how hard acting is.
>>
>>70806211
>>70806208
I didn't say it was easy, I said it wasn't creative.
>>
File: 1358812591518.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
1358812591518.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>70805473
It's because women aren't a challenge when you're rich and famous.

Allow me to elaborate: men are always seeking conflict, always seeking to get one rung higher int he pecking order. When you're rich and famous, you compete in petty ways with other males who are rich and famous. Since all rich and famous men need only snap their fingers to have ANY woman (from the most innocent church girl 'saving herself for marriage', to the most disease ridden whore and anything in between) in their bed, the only place left is to seek the love of men in the bedroom. Attracting a super talented rich and famous man sexually is the height of winning in the rich and famous hierarchy. Women are too easy to get to have a competition over, making that extra hundred million pumping out garbage movies over your other male stars may come at the cost of being a respectable actor, but being a fag. Well, being a fag in hollywood, and getting the most supreme rich and famous cock is the biggest game of them all.
Ain't know coincidence homosexuality is seen as a bourgeois vice.
>>
>>70805473
>choose to live a lie acting as other men prancing about on stage whlst using fake emotion.

I wonder why
>>
>>70806067
Definitely. Creatives are constantly asking questions about their reality and redefining themselves. Sexuality is a huge part of identity and creativity is expressing your identity, the path towards understanding. I imagine that makes a person more accepting and open to other peoples' gender, race, sexuality, etc. I'm not saying being gay and creative are necessary or dependant one on another but they certainly encourage each other. You have to have an open mind and most straight folks have tunnel vision to some degree.
>>
>>70806264
I understand your logic, I'd be lying if I said that I can't see the logical connection there.
>>
>>70806232
>have to come up with all sorts of elaborate personalities is not creative
Think for a moment what you said.
>>
>>70805473
Women crave attention and gay men are basically a woman with a dick.
>>
>>70806358
Except you don't. The writer does that. The actor just interprets the character, he doesn't create the character.
>>
theater has always been pretty gay
>>
File: Cuckoo.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
Cuckoo.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>70806233
Shit that makes a lot of sense
>>
>>70806406
The actor always has the final say in the matter because he is the one that actually has to perform a character. Also, in a lot of cases, the actor will work side by side with the writer and director when deciding on how his character should behave. That's creative work.
>>
>>70806233
>implying a tight wet pussy is not the best thing in the world
>>
>>70806462
>the actor has final say

I think most directors would disagree with you.
>>
>>70806358
Not that guy, but from my experiences I would compare acting to playing music. A lot of good actors can rely on both improvisational skill and an ability to play off other actors, making them also perform better. Other times, a really well-rehearsed and perfectly performed piece is required. In either case, the actor has to come up with the motions and movements of their character, the vocal intonations in pitch, pronunciation, and inflection. The actor is often times largely responsible for developing the character; it's not like the director straight up determines every minute detail of how they're supposed to act. In fact, often the director leaves a lot of it up to the actors, since that's their job. There's really so much more to the field than just reading lines.
>>
>>70806514
>he's never killed a man
>>
>>70806515
On stage, the director can't do anything. It's up to the actors entirely.
>>
File: hamlet.jpg (44 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
hamlet.jpg
44 KB, 500x258
>>70806245
Method acting dictates that you actually feel the emotions. In that case it's not exactly "fake."
>>
>>70806566
yeah brah but after that you'll want a pussy
>>
>>70806628
man, they should do something about that. like, practice before the first show. they could call it "rehearsal"
>>
>>70806667
still gay tho ennit
>>
>>70806694
I don't think you understand. The actors being in control is essential to the theater. The director knows this. The actors know this. The audience usually knows this too. Rehearsal gets them to understand the lines and a basic idea of what they're doing, but a big part of live shows is letting the show itself develop organically. Making it develop successfully is where the creative element lies. During a scene, an actor might suddenly think to make their character throw a cup: that is a clear creative choice. Also, the actors feed off the audience, figuring out how to best deliver their lines.
>>70806848
I suppose it's cause acting takes a flair for the dramatic, and traditionally "manly men" try to be stoic, while gays don't. Or rather, they don't want to.
>>
>>70806560
That's exactly what I was alluding to as well, I agree.
>>
A better question is, why are racists and homophobes attracted to this board?
>>
>>70807059
Racists and homophobes are attracted to everything, because there are billions of them.
>>
>>70806264
>faggot tries to justify his love of taking bellend in his arse
>>
>>70805473
cause they like poopy
>>
>>70807089
I don't agree.
>>
A gay person discovers at an early age (usually immediatly after puberty) that they need to act a certain way to survive contrary to what their instincts tell them. They just develop a natural instinct to lie and pretend.

The whole "actors are more open minded" idea is a meme. I think it actually works the other way around as being born different from other people just makes you more open minded and less inclined to follow herd mentality. Which is also why you'll find a lot of gays that are just straight up fucking wackos.
>>
>>70807155
Then you are delusional. Most of the world is poorly educated, irrational, reactionary, and scared of people that aren't like them. Sorry.
>>
I think to do something so open like acting/singing you have to overcome certain obstacles in life that make you shameless and more likely to put yourself out there and be judged.

kinda like how a lot of boxers grew up poor and are willing to get their jaw broke for a couple hundred dollars.
>>
>>70807190
Most of the world doesn't have the internet.
>>
>>70807355
Your point? Much of it does, enough for a small portion of its generous supply of racists and homophobes to be attracted to a popular website.
>>
>>70807343
So you're saying that because they have aspects of themselves that they're trying to hide, they compensate by taking on jobs that brings attention to them?
>>
>>70807444
Gay actors are by definition known to be gay, which means they have had to publicly come out at some point.
>>
>>70807411
My point is I'm not satisfied with you answer to my question. Too much pretense.
>>
>>70805536
>Taking a dick in your ass and sucking dicks is being less inhibited
No, it's just being a faggot. It has nothing to do with creativity. In fact, there is a clear correlation between creativity and ethics.
>>
>>70807444
Yes

either

>They were always flamboyant or different so they were accustom to criticism from family or others around them so they figured it couldn't get much worse and go into acting

or

>They were really good at hiding it and developed an alternate persona and were drawn to theatre
>>
>>70805473
He wasn't gay, he just ran out of girls to fuck
>>
File: 1465514663705.jpg (727 KB, 638x1308) Image search: [Google]
1465514663705.jpg
727 KB, 638x1308
>>70805473
Because they're smart.
Don't get involved with women, even temporarily. Short term, they waste your money and piss you off. Long term, they sue you for all your money and might take one of your kids.
>>
>>70806448
>>70806233
All of them are gay long before they're famous so it doesn't check out.
>>
>>70805473
Because acting is gay as fuck
>>
>>70807756
because it is emotion based and gays can be more sensitive then heteros?
>>
>>70807729
I love how the angry 4chanarian didn't mark the part where it says that he stayed friends with based Connie Booth, because it doesn't fit with the "all women are evil whores" narrative.
>>
>>70807809
You have to go through years of theater acting before you get on a screen (usually)
theater acting is gay as AIDs, you wear makeup and play dress up
>>
>>70807729
>got married 5 times
Don't need a woman in your life to be happy, bro. Enjoy your millions.
>>
>>70807613
Well, I'm sorry that the reality of the world dissatisfies you. I love you. Have a nice day.
>>
>>70807872
Well, yeah. When you want to highlight the parts about a woman who never made anybody laugh in her life takes all the money from a professional funny man, you highlight those parts for people who just want the gist.

I don't see why you're trying to white knight this random bitch though, she's not going to come out of the computer and fuck you.
>>
>>70806233
interesting theory but men are always no matter the orientation more willing to have sex,and by in my experience gay men are the easiest when it comes to get fucked with the lowest standards
>>
>>70807729
getting involved with women isn't entirely dumb if you're straight, but marrying them is. just like valentines day, the institution of marriage is a sham.
>>
>>70807940
My point is that not all women are after your money, there are some amazing ones out there as well.
>>
>>70807884
we live too long to be alone without love unfortunately for some who find it hard to find the right person and in some cases people
>>
>>70807947
arent the hot ones picky as fuck?
>>
>>70805473
because only gay dudes are in hs drama. also because gay ppl learn to act early in lyfe.
>>
is bob sagat gay? i seriously can't tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sCORuqZQY
>>
>>70806264
>being creative means being more progressive

you alright here champ?
>>
I want an acting bf. Where do they hang out?
Note I'm about 20 minutes from Orlando so gay bars won't be an option for a while.
>>
Damn
>>
>>70808073
bob faget is turbo ghey
>>
>>70805473

But most aren't.

Many of them try some shit tho.

The reason for this is that to be successful actors they must be very uninhibited and willing to try things that instinctually are against their desires.
>>
>>70808039
if they are bottom they will fuck everyone and actually as long as you take care of yourself, polite and able to hold a conversation you won't have any problem
>>
>>70808135
Is that Henry Cavil?

Also.

>tfw no threesome with Grant Gustin and Jai Courtney

Why even live.
>>
>>70808251
I was exaggerating but there is a higher concentration of gays among actors, which is why I was asking.
>>
>>70808267
hmmm,i always thought you had to be slightly attractive but i guess when the field is still relatively small you can't be TOO picky.
>>
>>70806514

>tight
>wet

Virgin confirmed.
>>
>>70808361
What are you implying? You think vaginas aren't wet?
>>
>>70805473
Because gay men are the artistic master race

Gas the straights
>>
>>70808361
its okay to be gay but dont be ignorant
>>
>>70808448
The straights will be the second in the ovens. The first will be women.
>>
>>70808527
pls no,i will make you nice doodles amd laugh at your jokes
>>
File: 1456065777783.png (124 KB, 358x272) Image search: [Google]
1456065777783.png
124 KB, 358x272
>>70808527
How is Japan getting on with those Matrix tier reproduction machines?
>>
>>70808527
Unlesss they are Judy Garland.
>>
>>70808642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaSUDWe6bxI
>>
This board is essentially reddit 2.0
>>
>>70807634
lol no
>>
>>70808361
Seriously though what does a vagina feel like?

I'd imagine it's much different from a hand
>>
>>70807634
>clear correlation between creativity and ethics
ahahahhahhhahahaha
>>
>>70808715
Blame bane and, most recently, the Star Wars trailer/cuckposting hike.
>>
test
>>
>>70808780
it's wet and warm but it doesn't have that death-grip that your hand has
>>
>>70808727
>lol
>>70808785
>ahahaha

You belong on r.eddit.
>>
>>70808828
stay mad, uncreative fag
>>
>>70808814
So kinda like sticking your dick in a heated canteloupe?
>>
>>70808854
... exactly like that.
>>
>>70808780
it's warm and wet, but not in a watery way(kek) i really dont know how to explain that man
have you ever considered the possibility of fucking a hooker?
>>
>>70808088
It's pretty true.

Being an intelligent, well educated person often leads to being progressive.

Only uneducated pigs are conservative.
>>
File: 1438704731228.jpg (58 KB, 632x312) Image search: [Google]
1438704731228.jpg
58 KB, 632x312
>>70808715
>>70808795
>>
>>70808968
Basically. People will give you meme responses, but yeah, the more educated you are, the less likely you're going to give into conservative cynicism and reactionary views.
Otherwise you basically end up as the sort of person who holds overly negative opinions about things, regardless of evidence to the contrary, becoming extremely close minded in the process.
>>
>>70805473
He was a god among men. Not even kidding. He is what we should all aspire to be. Just read about his stories of him flying in ham on set or eating a cheesecake right in front of his wife. He fucked who ever he wanted, ate whatever he wanted, and did whatever he wanted.
>>
>>70808968
Enlightened by your own intelligence I see
>>
>>70806264
>Sexuality is a huge part of identity
It really isn't. Not as much as most people make it out to be, at least.
>>
>>70808872
if he fucks a hooker he isn't gonna get the wet part. condoms are fucking awful. I would rather get a blowjob then have sex with a condom for the most part
>>
>>70809224
>then
than
>>
>>70809224
ya that's true, sex with a condor is mediocre at best
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>70809224
so my bf is roosing me?
>>
>>70809205
Well, sexuality as a label doesn't need to be, but it does massively impact who you are and shapes your personality. So in a way, yes, it is.
>>
>>70809317
the hell is going on. are you a different person? anyway if you have fucked an asshole it's not that different then a vagina. vagina's just seem to fit, or grip the dick better. not surprising as they are made for it. also vagina's are generally wetter, but there's always lube so that's not a big deal.

there's something pretty revolting about a man's ass to me, but if you can get over that you aren't missing that much. oh and this is assuming men and women's assholes feel the same to fuck, because i've only been inside a woman's ass, but i see no reason why they wouldnt be
>>
>>70809360
>shapes your personality
care to explain how?
>>
>>70808251
>But most aren't.

Or are they? It's really hard to tell. Hollywood has, for the last century, professionally crafted the image of the desirably heterosexual movie star, and yet the origins of that marketing machine lay in gay sex scandals among many early Hollywood stars, such as both heartthrob Rudolph Valentino and his first wife, Jean Acker.

>>70808088

It's hard to be creative and be conservative. Conservatism generally wants to see things remain as they are, or return to an ideal of what they once were. Conservative creativity tends to be schmaltzy and nostalgic, it doesn't push boundaries, it reinforces the status quo. As a result, while it may be comforting to some, it also tends to feel old fashioned and behind the times.
>>
>>70809397
no,just wondering if a vagoo is tight does it really mater that much if you wear a condom but sex is always better without one regardless so..
>>
>>70809405
I don't see why you're arguing this. You're the only person who has a problem. Do you genuinely need literally every single thing explained to you, or is this your way of thinking you're like Socrates, constantly asking "why?"
>>
Steve McQueen was the straightest man of all-time
>>
>>70809472
well it depends on the girl obviously as far as if it's tight. but ya vaginas tend to feel better, because they are more consistently tight then an ass. like, an asshole is super tight right at the hole then tend to loosen up right after.

fucking a vagina is pretty great, but again you aren't missing a whole lot, i enjoyed fucking girls in the ass quite a bit too. and of course a condom makes a difference but sounds like you know that
>>
>>70809433
>It's hard to be creative and be conservative.
I'll never understand this meme.
Conservatism trusts in the wisdom that's been accumulated throughout the ages, but it's not adverse to change. It only changes very slowly.
I consider myself a conservative for the most part, but I am very interested in experimental music. What do you have to say about that?
>>
>>70809503
Just wanted you to explain why you think that. If you don't feel like it, that's fine.
>>
>>70809405
I'll be typing in the context of men for the sake of simplicity.
A man who is gay basically thinks and acts in the same way as a woman, the opposite must of course be true for straight men. This does not mean you should jump to the conclusion that "males are inferior just like women", it's simply that gay men are at a disposition to be feminine, will likely identify with female things, etc, etc. This is a generalization, of course a lot of people cross over into the other territory regardless of sexuality, but it does make an impact regardless because it means you're either fundamentally "male" or "female" in terms of how your brain is wired.
Oddly, even though you'd assume that gays would score lower on intelligence tests seeing as women seem to, gay men, do not. In general they have a higher IQ. No one knows for sure why.
Being gay also means, in general, you'll view the world in quite a different way, because growing up you'll see yourself as different, you'll want to fit in, you'll act accordingly to how you are expected, etc, and it all just makes for a personality which has been shaped by such things. I can't conclusively say what that will shape the personality into, everyone has a different experience with being gay. But there are a few common things, such as being more creative or perceptive.
>>
>>70808406
>>70808449

>he doesn't love that grandma pussy

Plebs.
>>
>>70806448
nah its because gay guys generally act straight and they do it all to fit in. As soon as you put a gay dude in a room with other gay guys he kind of unravels a bit because he feels safe.
Gay dudes essentially play a role their whole life so its not that hard for them to invent themselves into something else because 99% of the time they are trying to blend in and immitate behaviours and mannerisms that are not natural to themselves.
>>
>>70809617
>But there are a few common things, such as being more creative or perceptive.
The vast majority of gay men I've encoutered didn't strike me as creative at all. Not saying gays are less creative, but I don't see how that's a common trait among them.
>>
>>70806233
Men are even easier than women to get for men, the fuck are you on about? Why was aids consider a "gay only" disease for ages? Because gay guys fuck like rabbits and get ass because guys are easy and don't need emotional/superficial woo-ing unlike women. Being not 100% physically disgusting and being able to make eye contact is all you need to get some literal ass
>>
>>70809617
as someone who could identify as gay i do not believe in the sterotypical feminine/masculine brains or being wired like that. Gay men are still inherantly men their biggest sexual stimulus in terms of having a partner is mostly visual while women is more emotional feeling. This is true regardless if the gay guy is a flaming queer or a hairy musclebound bald guy in leather.
Gay men are smarter than women simply because they are men, men are smarter than women because testtosterone and its derivative hormones results in more neurons in the brain and simply put male hormones tend to make men think logically while women's thinking is based on feeling.
But anyways my personal viewpoint is that people tend to gravitate towards certain behaviours some are learned some are completely natural. Think is there is a sterotypical viewpoint of people wanting to divide everything into neat little caregories of black and white absolute thinking that one thing is feminine or it is masculine while my viewpoint is that they are only and entirely human behaviours and it is society and identity based politics that warp and twist us into wanting to throw labels and categorize everything into simplistic standards, the only real inherantly feminine behaviour is loving children intensely and desiring motherhood while the only inherant masculine behaviour is to love their mate above all else.
>>
File: 1465780490818.jpg (16 KB, 477x424) Image search: [Google]
1465780490818.jpg
16 KB, 477x424
>"I'm gay and I think being gay is better!"
>"Well, I'm straight and I think being straight is better!"

The entire thread. None of you are as intelligent as you think.

Sage.
>>
>>70809880
>Men are even easier than women to get for men

damn, unfortunate i'm not attracted to dudes. why god why
>>
>>70807729
Another victim of the women meme. Thank you God for making me gay.
>>
>>70809938
I agree with this. I'm >>70809205 btw.
Gay men and straight men aren't nearly as different as most people say. In fact, their sexual orientation is literally their only difference.
Source: my twin brother is gay. I've lived the majority of my life alongside him.
I never treated him differently after he came out. He is still exactly the same person he ever was.
>>
>>70806208

because I have no jewish connections
>>
>>70806928
>During a scene, an actor might suddenly think to make their character throw a cup

so creative
>>
>>70808135
Bomer needs to go easy on the concealer.
>>
>>70806173
>>70806097
>>70806406
>>70806515

it's a /tv/ thinks they know how hollywood works episode
>>
>>70805473
because if you want to get into holywwod or big screen you need to be fucked in the ass by executives/directors/talentfinders
>>
>>70808854

feel the inside of your cheek

that's roughly the texture, consistency, and wetness of pussy
>>
File: 1449554401462-1.png (222 KB, 685x617) Image search: [Google]
1449554401462-1.png
222 KB, 685x617
>>70806233
This is stupid. As a bi man I can attest there is literally no scenario where getting laid by men is more a challenge than women. If you're a none hideous gay u can easily have thousands of male sex partners with little effort.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 329x399
>>70805473
>thread about literal faggotry
>blatant redditors everywhere

I can't be the only one laughing at this shit

Glad I still know how to spot em
>>
>>70807872
What in the fuck has that got to do with anything? What does the fact he's still friends with one of his other exes have to do with the fact he got completely fucked over in this divorce? Just stop posting.
>>
>>70807987
But as that story shows the system seems to be purposely designed to serve the interests of just those women, if you have the misfortune of getting in a relationship with one (and they're hardly going to be advertising the fact they only want your money are they) you're going to be completely fucked.
>>
>>70806264
Oh man, look at all that [Citation Needed].
>>
>>70809503
I'd really like to here you explain how where you choose to stick your dick when your horny can "massively impact who you are and shapes your personality". This incredibly evasive answer to such a simple question sort of indicates though that you have no argument, usually people with arguments present them when asked.
>>
>>70810685
He can do whatever the fuck he wants
>>
gays misappropriate culture to further their cause, I went to a symposium for a spanish poet from the 1500s and a tiny white girl who had only read the translated versions of her poems gave a 30 minute lecture on how she was gay. Needless to say i was mortified.
>>
File: orson.jpg (121 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
121 KB, 720x960
>>70808005
Get a cat.
>>
>>70806097
>>70806173
>>70806406
None of you have ever been in any play, skit, sketch, film production, or anything else as the sort as an actor, I take? Maybe your MCU quippers show up and act like their stock characters, but that is not the case for most good films.
>>
>>70805536
GOLDEN STATEMENT. Thank you friend.
>>
>>70812015
he is talking about nominally straight men, or bi men like kevin spacey.

dominating another famous man, not just any man
>>
>>70805473
Narcissism and body obsession.
>>
File: fur you.jpg (50 KB, 716x537) Image search: [Google]
fur you.jpg
50 KB, 716x537
>>70814184
this
>>
Have you ever been to a high school theatre club?
It's 60% girls and 35% gays
>>
File: 1414919112355.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1414919112355.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
>>70814184
>>70815874
Fuck cats,they're evil, get a dog instead.
>>
File: photo.jpg (107 KB, 775x775) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
107 KB, 775x775
>not being gay

enjoy your alimony
>>
>>70815597

Kevin Spacey is queer as a three dollar bill. And, again, there's no challenge where gay sex is concerned. Just indicating you're available is enough to get you laid any night of the week, no strings attached. Gays pretty much invented casual sex.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.