[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the best place to go now if you want to pursue a career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Where is the best place to go now if you want to pursue a career in filmmaking?
>>
Films
>>
>>70802947
quality post
>>
>>70802919
Outside with a camera is a good start.

Seriously though try just getting a shit ton of tutorials on the internet. Film Riot's done some great stuff, and Indymogul was the king back in the day.
>>
What happened to the old standard of "pick a coast and move there, kid"? The internet has made things somewhat easier, but as far as I know you can still only progress so far before it becomes a neccesity to move to either NY or LA. And that's just assuming you're really amazing and have a great web presence and can get people interested. Being IN the cities where movies are regularly produced gives you a bigger chance to network, take meetings, and meet likeminded people that can help you if not immediately, then possibly down the line.
>>
File: Tarantino.jpg (7 KB, 224x170) Image search: [Google]
Tarantino.jpg
7 KB, 224x170
>>70802947
This
Only plebs need a school
>>
You really should just move to LA. If possible, there could be productions in your local area you could PA for and get some experience on a big set.
>>
>>70802919
start from shit positions at film sets, learn shit in the process -> eventually become assistant at department that interests you -> make career by doing your work faster and better then others
>>
Yeah, work as a PA. You'll be directing your own film in just a few years.
>>
File: Mitch-Hurwitz.jpg (55 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
Mitch-Hurwitz.jpg
55 KB, 640x479
>>70803515
lol, yeah that NEVER works.
>>
Do what Sofia Coppola did.
>>
>>70802919
Get some cheap equipment and start making your own shorts with your friends to experiment and learn the technical side of filmmaking.
>>
>>70803614
you mean i gotta be born in the hollywood crib?
>>
File: renoir-luncheon.jpg (254 KB, 1600x1191) Image search: [Google]
renoir-luncheon.jpg
254 KB, 1600x1191
>>70803614
some artists have artist parents who cares
>>
>Commit a heinous crime
>but don't get caught
>also have some hostages hidden somewhere
>next release a statement to the press that you have a film that explains how and why you did the crime
>also in part of it have it reveal where the hostages are
>Now only agree to release the film of they give it a wide release
>congrats you're now in the biz and you've made a brand new genre
>>
>>70802919
probably the best place you can go is to the nearest DIY store so you can buy enough rope to fucking hang yourself
>>
>>70804042
that would make for a good movie anon
>>
>>70802919
Outside
>>
Not here
>>
>>70802919
suicide
>>
>>70804042
That's like The King of Comedy, but fresh and marketable. Tell me more.
>>
>>70802947
GLASHOWS, QUANTUM
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.