[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEPP in an Izzy Stradlin biopic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 510506766.jpg (452 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
510506766.jpg
452 KB, 1024x682
Just reasearching a role OR 90s Dadrock hairmetalmode?
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (31 KB, 176x412) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
31 KB, 176x412
>>
File: used to be happy.jpg (27 KB, 328x400) Image search: [Google]
used to be happy.jpg
27 KB, 328x400
>>
>>70794513
That'd be sweet desu. He's the most overlooked GnR member, and a vital piece.

>muh Slash
Izzy's the real deal.
t. guitar player
>>
why does the dude on the left look like hes about to poop his pants in every pic?
>>
>>70794648
because the dude in the middle just did
>>
>>70794619
When, buddy sitcom of Izzy living easy post GnR buyout and burnout Steven Adler comes to live on his couch. This sitcom must be made.

Depp is obviously doing his Izzy research but who would play a washed up drunk pissed-pants Steven Adler, Charlie Sheen, Ron Perlman or Katey Sagal?
>>
File: Gay Uncle.jpg (67 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
Gay Uncle.jpg
67 KB, 636x421
I just don't understand why Depp isn't cooler than this. He's a millionaire in his early fifties. Why join up with geriatric washed-up douche-rawk noodlers?

Is Depp really just a Channing Tatum / Mark Wahlberg potato head?
>>
File: Beledeg.jpg (20 KB, 317x227) Image search: [Google]
Beledeg.jpg
20 KB, 317x227
>>70795002
>Thinking Johnny Depp is above Alice Cooper
>>
>>70794619

True. They add up to more than the sum of their parts though. Izzy is overlooked but Slash wasn't shit either, although he is raised into the "guitar god" spheres by fanboys.

Listening to Appetite you can just pan full left or full right and hear only Slash or Izzys playing and they have vastly different styles. Appetite without Slash's rhythm wouldn't have had the punch and aggression and Appetite wihout Izzy's playing wouldn't have had the rhythm and groove. They gel with each other amazingly though which is why I'm not interested in the GNR reunion. Could have just given up a few mil and gotten Izzy to come along. The whole thing was a contractual dispute.

Adler on the other hand wasn't hired because he's a fucking crazy liability and hasn't played a stadium in 3 decades
>>
>>70795002

>be famous actor who accidentally made 100 million dollars by being good looking and playing a quirky pirate, then making a career out of regurgitating that role in various forms for the next decade
>like rock music
>play a bit of guitar
>get to hang out with your childhood idols and even jam with them on stage
>do drugs and get drunk at age 50 with some fucked up rocker dudes
>fresh pussy everywhere you go (just don't get married again)

doesn't seem too bad?
>>
>>70795602
Young J. Depp was into Indie-Grunge stuff which is the opposite of L.A. hair metal. Why is he hanging with Marilyn Manson and jamming with the GnR b-team?

I thought he was cooler than that.

This is the guy that took off to France, married and had kids. He was nailing Winona instead of some generic starlet of the moment.

Isn't he smarter / better / more hip than this?

Will he pull it all together on some new project where we all suddenly get that he has been preparing for the last 15 years?

Is he doing the Axl Rose bio?
>>
>>70794619
yeah Izzy's the best one by far, slash is too much of an icon right now (undeservedly so) and everyone else but duffy is disposable, even axl
>>
>>70795960
>Young J. Depp was into Indie-Grunge stuff which is the opposite of L.A. hair metal. Why is he hanging with Marilyn Manson and jamming with the GnR b-team?

Because grunge vs. metal is the equivalent of today's console wars?
Just a childish excuse to whine.
>>
>>70794513
>>70795002
Goddamn they're cringe
>>
>>70794600

His smile and optimism, gone.
>>
>>70795960
>GnR b-team
>Izzy
>>
>>70795002
Dude this is cool as fuck. What are you on about?
Do you like only new musicians?
I like some new musicians but not very many at all.
>>
>>70796458
c'mon, you know what I meant

>>70796167
c'mon, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about
also, c'mon, you're the one that referewnced vidya game consoles

c'mon,,, Depp has turned into one of those guys that says something about punk rock but only references The Ramones. Of all the possibilities why, why, why, Alice Cooper and the guitar player from that Rolling Stones cover band that did rock ballads in the 90s?

Can he redeem himself?

Is he waiting for Ozzy to die to make the biopic? Is that his endgame?
>>
>>70796994
For all I care Depp can hang out with whomever he wishes.
You don't know these people.
>>
File: axl duff and slash.jpg (251 KB, 1698x1600) Image search: [Google]
axl duff and slash.jpg
251 KB, 1698x1600
>>70796151
>axl
>disposable

Axl is GN'R. His unique voice and controversial/mysterious persona is what made them the biggest band in the world, and why GN'R was able to do stadium/arena tours and headline festivals throughout the 2000s.
>>
>>70794513
That whole rocker chic, James dean, leather jacket and jeans, hate the establishment view on life is so dead, rock music is dead, it hasn't been the most popular genre in decades, like Kanye said rap is the new rock and roll
>>
>>70798367
Who fucking cares what the new thing is.
The new thing is certainly shitty, I can say that much.
>>
>>70794575
>tfw you will never be a cool white trash rock grandpa
>curse my delicious chocolate brown skin and big black cock
>>
>>70798867
You must be aging badly
>>
>>70794513
He's literally in a band with them. Has been for a couple of days or so.
>>
>>70796273
kek
>>
>>70798934
You must be a faggot.
>get with the times gramps I just go along with all the trends because I'm desperate for approval
I'm 26 you cunt.
>>
>>70799023
You still into blink 182? Still wear a wallet chain? 26 is old man, what are you even doing here? You need to save up for your future family
>>
>>70799244
I won't be so salty with you because I'm starting to ease into the drunk, so I'm just going to say I'm sorry I snapped at you.
I don't really feel like I'm going to have a family and I've had many thoughts of actively not wanting one. I'm not going to say never but procreating doesn't spurn me toward anything. I'd rather just be in a real relationship with a woman but there's plenty of reason why that won't happen any time soon.
>>
>>70799447
Maybe stop listening to Blink and ditch the wallet chain.
>>
>>70799496
I don't do either of those things, but I will admit I'm accepting to chains but only in an onstage aesthetic sense, not as a part of real life.
>>
>>70799447
Once you hit 30, you'll see men raising children and get a sudden urge to spawn your own creation, start saving money buddy
>>
>>70799651
I don't think so, another reason I'm kind of put off by having children is that I couldn't bear the thought of bringing someone into the world who would just be basically forced to live with my problems, or be too much like me etc. It's not fair.
Once again, never say never, but I have seriously lived an absolutely loveless life and I don't want to pass my shit down the line just for the sake of doing it at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (376 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376 KB, 735x1000
>>70799721
How about not giving life to this planet is selfish? Your unborn child could do incredible things, you only influence it for the first 18 years, after that they could cure cancer or invent something that makes everyone's lives easier, you gonna prevent the world that because you listen to blink 182 with a wallet chain? Selfish.
>>
>>70799840
I appreciate your positivity and wish I had a bit more myself, but it's just not how I feel about things right now. Have a good one.
>>
>>70798367
>rawk is a dead dinosaur
>rap is still fresh besides being 35 years tired
>kanye, you know he's for the suburban reality tv crowd right
>>
>>70795200
>thinking he isn't

Feed my Frankenstien

Schools Out

Any more bad dadrock anthems or was that it?
>>
>>70800397
>you have used the word dadrock in any sense
Time to die.
>>
File: winona_johnny.jpg (87 KB, 612x828) Image search: [Google]
winona_johnny.jpg
87 KB, 612x828
I just wanna know what Noni tasted like.
>>
>>70795002
Alice Cooper is a fucking King you underage cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 900x1349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 900x1349
heard literally sucked the life out of him

wouldn't surprise me if she wanted him to gain weight etc so no girl would want him, the paranoid slapper.

>how do you go from pic related to what he looks like now in the span of 2 years especially when your constantly travelling and filming
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.