[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally a girl is no one What did he mean by this? I actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12
File: 2 seasons of filler.png (952 KB, 1608x887) Image search: [Google]
2 seasons of filler.png
952 KB, 1608x887
>finally a girl is no one

What did he mean by this?

I actually don't understand
>>
Azór Jon!
>>
File: image.png (329 KB, 402x454) Image search: [Google]
image.png
329 KB, 402x454
>I know how to treat stab wounds because I stab all of my boyfriends

What did she mean by this?
>>
>finally, a girl is Game of Thrones Season 6 Episoe 8 'No One'™

what did he mean by this?
>>
She showed she was ruthless enough to murder the waif in cold blood ( faceless man didn't know the waif actually disobeyed him and tried to kill her in an obvious and painful way ).
>>
>>70787159
I think he KNEW that waif dissobeyed. Also i am almost convinced that arya didnt have teh name given. And i dont think faceless men can just call names.
I think its something like she is almost no one now let her get revenge and when she does that she will have almost nothing to tie her to arya stark and truly be no one.
>>
Did Arya cut off the waif's face, go all the way back to the faceless men's hideout and pin it on the wall and then wait there just so she could confront Jaqeun?

Even though he could probably kill her in an instant?
Even though she should have expected a hit be ordered on her?

Some of the worst writing imagineable this episode.
>>
>>70787116
>She wouldn't land a stage job after what I did to her face

I think the Faceless Men made the right choice the first time to kill her. Fucking arya.
>>
>>70787240
Who was gonna call the hit? No one kknew her name. Every one though she was dead. Waif was the one ordering the hit and that i dont think works in the guild of the faceless. It was a test. Waif was tested to see if she had any shred of personality in her left. Arya was tested for her skills.
I still think this may or may not bea an intruicate test.
>>
>>70787088
I have no idea. The whole purpose of killing the actress was to kill someone they didnt know even if they are good or bad but simply because the red god commands it. Killing someone who is trying to kill you is a whole lot different so in no way would it affect that the fact that she failed in killing someone who she was sent to kill.
>>
So does the face guy have any other employees or does he just chill by himself all day long (or could they not afford the extras)
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>i don't give a single fuck what happens here I just want to go home and fuck Cersei

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70787407
I dont think anyone sent for arya. No one knew her name. I think that was waifs vendeta. I said it like 3 time already in 3 different spots. I think it was more to test waifs will to have a personality rather than being faceless.
>>
>>70787088

Just kidding, you pass! (Please don't kill me)
>>
>>70787240
She pretty much mutilated a corpse to prove a point, I don't see how she's different from Ramsay at this point.
>>
>>70787240
Only a life can pay for life. Waif was killed so aryas is spared
>>
>>70787300
...she tried to kill her, idiot.
>>
>>70787527
this point is sooo fucking retarded

a life for a life?

WHAT THE FUCK

that means that TWO people are dying in total, NOT a life for a life...

a life for a life would be saving someone by killing another person,

In this, they just kill one person (trent) and then say a life for a life and force another person to die, that means two lives in total. What sort of God sees one person die and then says a life for a life and wants another? doesnt that mean that literally ANY time someone dies, then another person must be killed? Two lives? A life for a life?

So fucking stupid, so fucking stupid.

A life for a life should mean if you TAKE a life from death, then you kill someone in its place, not that you kill one person and another person has to die. So fucking retarded. fuck GoT.

>hurr durr you killed a person, im going to make up some stupid rule a life for a life

>that means you must kill another person, so two have died in total
>>
>>70787496
He meant that the writers of this show are total fucking idiots who don't understand character development
>>
>>70787600
He meant arya took waifs life isntead of the other way around as it was requested. AGAIN I DO NOT THINK ARYAS NAME WAS ACTUALLY REQUESTED BY ANYONEAND IT WAS ONLY WAIFS PERSONAL VENDETA(which is something faceless man do not have)
>>
Arya should have joined the brotherhood without banners with Gendry in season 3 and never had any of this pointless assasin shit. She could have become a trained fighter or even an assasin this way and it would have been much better plot and way more relevant.

Bravo Gurrm
>>
File: 1465760798895.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1465760798895.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
I liked /tv/'s idea that in the last episode Arya was actually Jaqqen and it was a test for the waif.

All of this shit with arya now has just been a fucking waste of time
>>
>>70787088
Anon please tell me why the fuck did he let Arya go?!
>>
Could Jaqen H'gar kill Arthur Dayne?
>>
>>70787738

A master assasin is no match for a small girl with a sword and rudementary training
>>
>>70787116

I just tune out everytime the characters try to justify their retarded motivations and abilities. I didn't even pick up on how stupid this conversation was because I literally wasn't listening. I knew what she was saying added nothing to the story and was just more pointless exposition. All they had to do with this scene was show her stitching Arya up in detail. Use some nice close-ups and sound-effects. Make it interesting. But they just turned it into more unnecessary dialogue that no one cares about
>>
>>70787556
No shit.
>>
>>70787088
It's a kind of taunt. He was going to tell her that until she admit that she will never be no one.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
>>70787769

>please join our club so we can help you realize you don't belong here
>>
>>70787088
>OH SHID.
>He found out
>Quick man with no name act fast
>Say something cool
UHM, YEAH, FINALLY, A GIRL IS NO ONE, GOOD JOB. TOTALLY INTENTIONAL BTW, THIS WAS TEST.
>>
Arya had the weakest plot this season. Hell her story's been pree shit ever since she went to Braavos. She had basic assassin training, had to learn how to fight blind and was shit at disguising her own identity. Jaqen had some mad skills went we first met him, blending in and changing faces at the blink of an eye, we saw none of that shit.
>>
>>70787979
He never intended for her to join their club. Maybe he wished that for a moment but he must have known very soon that she would never be no one. He helped her because she saved his life and promised to return the favor but that's it.
>>
He meant.
we are anonymous
we are legion
expect us
>>
>>70788072

See I assume this is what the idea was

But could a master assasin really not deal with a small child with a toy sword?
>>
>>70787116
She actually meant her boyfriends are tough guys who get roughed up and she has to treat them.
>>
>>70788174
She was too close.
>>
>>70787502
You must have missed the part where Jaquen orders the hit last episode or the episode before.
>>
So why didn't he kill her himself there and then?
>>
>>70787646
Again you are retarded and you do not pay attention to the show.
>>
>>70788546
A man was probably most impressed.

A man is weird like that.
>>
>>70787496
I haven't read the books but I heard that his character changes significantly more in them, and that he actually drifts away from Cersei.

Is that true? And if so, why did D&D deviate from the books so much?

I don't understand why they would do that, because they would have to bet on themselves being better writers than GRRM and that seems kinda arrogant to me.
>>
>>70787088
Such a waste of time. I feel literally raped by that not character arch.

But to answer your question, I think he just meant like you killed a Faceless Man, you are obviously an assassin on the same level.
I also feel Jagan wants Arya to join them, and was just hoping that she'd take him up.

At first I thought he said it because he didn't want her to attack him, but its kind of clear he wasn't afraid of her.
>>
>>70788605
Cersei is way crazier in the books, but more importantly she got fat.
>>
File: 1465819107763.jpg (202 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
1465819107763.jpg
202 KB, 1181x853
>>70788605
>>
>>70788776
Can we extrapolate something meaningful from this?

Such as the characteristics of a gentile white vs two plotting jews?
>>
>faceless men
>one man, a woman and a child
B R A V O

Also, pretty sure it's because all of this
>>70787135
>>70787504
>>70787755
>>
>>70788776
D&D are just doing this so it will be shocking when he kills her.
Basically Game of Thrones is like M. Night Shamalaning.

They saw how crazy everyone went with the Red Wedding and Purple Wedding, and all it taught them was people like it when characters are betrayed and killed.

If we had the prophecy and Jamie stopped fucking his sister, the audience could probably start putting two and two together.
>>
>>70787556
did she? we never got a confirmation

that was just arya assuming
>>
Will Arya team up with Hound again? will he sex her in the ass?
>>
>>70787088
Just when you thought D&D pulled it together they drop the ball on the last segment

Always have to slide some cliche BS into it some how
>>
>>70788776
How did those talentless hacks even landed this gig for fucks sake.
>>
>>70788151
forgwting the
>we neber forgive we never forget

fucking faggot
>>
>>70787159
>murder the waif in cold blood
You mean getting backed into a corner, being threatened at knife point and defending herself?
>>
>>70787116
she is a trap
>>
>>70787088
Why is this show so shit but I can't stop watching it now.
>>
>>70788605
>>70787496
He was manipulating him you tards.
>>
>>70788114
I always believed this but at this point I just think Jaqen doesnt have a masterplan and is just fucking around.
>>
I don't care what anyone says, Game of Thrones is great when based Hound is on screen. He's always fun to watch
>>
>>70787527
>you cant desert unless you kill another member

Brilliant. So in the end the sekrit club will close down for lack of personel?
>>
>>70789508
>he never heard of the rule of two
>>
>>70789317
This. But if it doesn't get better, I won't watch the next season.
>>
>>70787088

errrr yeah you're a faceless man now ayy lmao

you're totes no one desu senpai
>>
File: 1465004778236.png (18 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1465004778236.png
18 KB, 650x650
>>70787088
>Mystical man trains girl to be a special assassin
>He's trained many like her before
>He can't tell the difference between a fully trained assassin and one who isn't ready yet
>>
>>70789508
maybe that's why there were only fucking two of them before Arya got there
>>
>>70788276

No, she specifically said she would "put a hole in them" which is D&D writing for stabbing someone.
>>
>>70788276
Nope, she stabed them
>>
>>70787088
Wait a moment.
If he was telling Arya the whole time she wasn't ready, and he couldn't tell in the end that she wasn't ready to be 'no one'. How did he know she wasn't ready before? Was he just saying it because he didn't know what else to say?
>>
>>70787088
>just as Arya is about to leave she turns around and feigns a slash
>Faceless man flinches like a bitch

.. Y-you too -

>ehh *flinch*
>>
>>70789626
Especially when it was really fucking obvious for literally anyone that Arya still had her identity.
>>
The entire Arya plotline has been hot fucking garbage ever since she left the Hound. None of it makes any fucking sense.
>>
I think it's very interesting how you could take out any scene involving either Dany or Arya and the whole series gets 10 times better.
The Cercei scenes are actually fun since she gets blown the fuck out every time.
>>
>>70787240
It was the only smart thing she ever did. What would of been stupid was to flee bravos before burying the hatchet with Jaquen and then be stalked by faceless men for the rest of her life.

She knew if Jaquen wanted it she would die eventually so instead of running away and living in tear she confronted that possibility head on before she returned to Westeros with the best assassins in the world chasing her.
>>
>>70789937
>>70790013
I don't know. personally I like Arya's plotline. The only problem is that it's been way slower than it had to be and it seems like they've been treading water all season. If it picks up a bit I'll definitely love her plotline again.

As for Dany though, yeah. Every time a scene with her comes up I just tune out until it's over.
>>
>>70787711
Damn Arya used to be cute. Actors should be illegal to get fat if the role doesn't call for it.
>>
>>70790100
>now I truly am Arya Stark
>good payoff
Yeah no. The whole thing was complete bullshit.
>>
>>70790155
She didn't got fat, just british.
>>
>>70790056
It still doesn't make sense though, she didn't complete her assignment, killed another member of the Faceless Men and now she's limping the fuck out of Bravoos with free training and some basic knowledge of the organization without him doing anything to stop her

>b-but muh badass girl narrative
>>
>>70789001
They guessed that Lyanna is Jons mom
>>
File: dorrigan.jpg (13 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
dorrigan.jpg
13 KB, 300x400
>>70787088
Waif killed Arya and took her face. Her next mission is to assassinate Jon.
>>
Why the hell did they just pull a Stannis on us with BlackFish?
>>
>>70789203
That dude has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>70790244
I want to believe
>>
>>70787730
>>All of this shit with arya now has just been a fucking waste of time

Just like all that Dagobah shit in The Empire Strikes Back. No plot advancement at all, total waste of time.
>>
>>70790260
Blackfish joined him in the Offscreen. In the final episode Stannis is gonna invade Westros and take the Iron Throne with an army made of all the characters who were killed off in that way.
>>
>>70790289
Why else would he smile when she said that?
>>
>>70787159
>cold blood

is this another one of those things where millennials try to completely change the definition of a term?
>>
>>70790296
why are you even bringing up Star Wars? learn to discuss something on its own merits please
>>
>>70788605
This is what really pisses me off.

Jamie's redemption storyline in the books is perfect. He just gets back from watching his son die and Cersei goes all batshit on him, calling for revenge and acting like the crazy bitch she is. And there's this perfect moment right when she's about to get sentenced to trial where she sends a letter to Jamie and he straight burns it, finally symbolizing that her control over things is slipping and he's becoming a more evolved person.

But no, instead we get MUH INCEST FAMILY ILL DO ANYTHING FOR CERSEI EVEN THOUGH SHE'S ONLY USING ME TO PROTECT HERSELF

as a fan of both the books and show this shit is a disgrace. It was one thing when they totally mishandled this Dorne storyline but all of this recent episode just goes to show they're rushing towards a conclusion to the series.
>>
>>70787496
u fucking idiots he said that to make them get the fuck out so he didnt have to kill brienne
>>
>>70790320
Hyped
>>
I'd been wondering what was the endgame with this Arya subplot and last night it just went like "so that's that, lol. welp, see ya".
>>
>>70788114

This. It's so clear to me that none of the faceless men are truly "no one." Jaqen does have some internal personality, some desires. He was quietly rooting for Arya, even if his principles prevented him for acting on that.
>>
>>70790330
Because hacks.
>>
>>70787317
So are the Faceless Men Jigsaw?
>>
>>70790438
I don't think being no one includes wiping away your personality. It just represents loyalty to the cult and readiness to serve the many faced god. The problem with Arya being "no one" is not that she has her personality, but rather the fact that she has other loyalties and interests.
>>
>>70229274 in the archive. saw this coming a mile away.
>>
>>70790623
I didn't because who gives a fuck
>>
> Literally every fight is offscreen.

Thanks D&D.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>70790342
>>Criticism that Arya's arc has been a waste of time because no plot advancement
>>Counter with example from one of the best films of all time where a character arc taking significant time but offering no plot advancement was one of the best parts

Guess I'm retarded.
>>
>>70790330

Because even Jaqen isn't truly "no one" and he was rooting for her all along.

Also if Arya was the waif in that scene, why did she have her sword at Jaqen's heart?
>>
>>70790928
>Because even Jaqen isn't truly "no one" and he was rooting for her all along.

Which is retarded because who was that random faggot that drank the death water to absolve aryas sins? Was it just some random faceless who liked her or was it the ""real"" jaqen (aka the faceless she saved).

Or is that guy that smirked supposed to be that faceless? This shit makes no sense.
>>
>>70791001

Probably another FM. Maybe that person didn't actually die. I'm not sure.
>>
>>70788276
>her boyfriends are tough guys
For you
>>
>>70791259

Having a group of characters that have literally no way to recognize who they actually are is the dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>70791391
If I stab you in the gut, will you die?
>>
>>70791442
It would extremely pointless
>>
>>70791471
You're a ruined character.
>>
>>70791424

That's a fair criticism.
>>
>Arya. the girl who didn't kill anyone who was told to kill, comes back after killing her classmate, with Sting, the sword that Jaquen told her to drop to become no one.
>"Finally a girl is no one."
>>
>>70789203
She litrally lured the waif into a trap to muder her
>>
>>70789937
That's because GRRM hasn't finished the books and probably doesn't even know himself where he wants to take Arya's plotline. I'm sure he had some ideas when he set her up to join a cult of assassins but it probably got swamped by dozens of other plotlines.
>>
>>70791497
For you
>>
>>70790174
Well yeah, this part was kind of shit. I do like the idea of her arc all around though.
>>
Did Arya manage to beat the Waif despite being heavily wounded because she was better at blind fighting then waif?

I don't get it because wouldn't the waif have gone through a similar blind fighting training regime that Arya did?
>>
>>70787159
getting stabbed six times and chased into a corner and then asked how she wants to die is not "cold blood"
>>
>>70791583
>with Sting
What the fuck
The sword is called Needle
>>
>>70787088

Arya was supposed to die but didn't. She escaped death so to speak. That other girl died for Arya so know Arya is "no one" anymore.
>>
>>70788276
like the others said she literally says she 'puts holes in them' cos they're mean
>>
File: young Cersei.jpg (115 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
young Cersei.jpg
115 KB, 640x640
>>70787496
>young Cersei
>>
File: Jaqen H'ghar.jpg (11 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
Jaqen H'ghar.jpg
11 KB, 352x240
>>70790056
But WHY would Jaqen want to bury the hatchet?
Wouldn't he be kind of annoyed either way? She wasted his time, killed her sempai.

Was he lying the whole time about "no one" and he actually wanted her to be "someone" because... ...

Westerosi Jaqen is the same guy? Constantly overestimating the complexity of this shows writing is getting tiring.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.