[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You fags will argue about anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: wayne-bridges_320.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wayne-bridges_320.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
You fags will argue about anything.
>>
not these days, /tv/ is thoroughly anti john wayne. just look for his birthday thread in the archive.
>>
>>70780868
eyepatch over the left eye looks cooler
>>
john wayne is a gay draft dodger who can't act
>>
>>70780868

2 mediocre movies. bridges was a better performance, though since john wayne couldnt act
>>
>>70780868
No we won't!
>>
/tv/ doesn't discuss anything prove me wrong

you can't
>>
>>70781007
Fuck you, yes we will!
>>
Remake was better. Especially the ending. Not just a feel good story.
>>
>>70781007
>>70781026
most obvious samefag of the current year

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>70781023
im discussing why you're wrong right now
>>
>>70780868
Bridges did the character better.
>>
>>70780868
Remake has the bear doctor.

Every movie is better with a bear doctor. You can't dispute this. Just imagine any movie with a bear doctor and it becomes slightly better.
>>
I haven't seen the original, does it have as many burns that are said completely straight faced? There was something about the way they insulted each other that I liked a lot in the remake
>>
>>70780868
>eyepatch on different eyes

TRIGGERED
>>
>>70780868

welcome to the entire point of 4chan
>>
>>70781317
>tfw no bear doctor in star wars

fuck
>>
This is one of the few instances where the remake is superior. It's on the same level as how much better The Hills Have Eyes remake was. John Wayne is overrated, desu.
>>
>>70781159
I am agreeing.
>>
>>70780868
The original film seemed much more light hearted and the scenes that were supposed to be dramatic, like the charge at the bandits on the field, just felt like they were missing something.
In the remake it seems more of a big deal when the ranger manages to pick off the final guy with such a long shot.
In the original, it's like, bang, ok next scene.
The original is great to watch, I really enjoyed the scenery more than anything, but I have to say that the remake is actually done much better.
>>
>>70781540
. . . . ewok shaman . . . .
>>
>>70781620
John Wayne's performance was almost jovial. It didn't fit the tone of the film. Bridges, on the other hand, hit it out of the park.
>>
>>70781752
I totally agree.
It really is a rare instance of a remake being better than the original.
I can't really take John Wayne seriously in the original film.
>>
Beau Bridges > Jeff Bridges

Discuss.
>>
The remake is probably the only example of taking a truly mediocre flick and turning it into certified kino. Deakins should've also won best cinematography at the Oscars.
>>
>>70780904
Your left or their left?
>>
The recent one in extremely comfy I would recommend
>>
>>70781317

Fun fact, he owns and runs a grocery store really close to my house.
>>
File: tumblr_lxk2vitrGs1r747ueo1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxk2vitrGs1r747ueo1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x367
>>70780950

Well, nobody is arguing against those facts
>>
>>70782105
>the dude vs general hank landry

i-i don't know what to think...
>>
So, what's the best wayne's performance? The Searchers?
>>
>>70782952
>katie elder
>north to alska
>rio bravo
>liberty valance
>rio grande
>el dorado
>hondo
>stagecoach
>the horse soldiers
>westward ho
>the big trail
>>
File: cockburn.jpg (103 KB, 1366x572) Image search: [Google]
cockburn.jpg
103 KB, 1366x572
>>70781317
YOU ARE NOT LA BEEF
>>
>>70783192
Fort Apache and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon have great Wayne performances as well. There's a scene in the latter where he's talking to his wife's grave that's particularly good. He's also good in Red River but I don't like that film much in particular
>>
Original was better. Wayne was better. /tv/ faggots can suck it, fucking commie cocoskuckers. John Wayne > capetrash.
>>
>>70785090
You're right. I blanked out on them. Hated Red River the first time I saw it but it grew on me.
>>
>>70781540
>no bear guy in Scent of a Woman
>no bear guy in Goodfellas
>no bear guy in Space Odyssey
>no bear guy in The Big Lebowski
>>
john wayne

the beach boys of westerns
>>
I remember watching the remake on a family vacation and as soon as Jeff Bridges spoke we had to turn on the subtitles.

Could anyone actually understand a word he said?
>>
>>70787582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHwG8ikZAY
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.