[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penny Dreadful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
How likely do you think it is we'll see Dr. Jeckbinda chimp out in the finale? Will Victor follow through with Lily, or will her powers of feminism break her out of the patriarchy? How will Dorian kill the loli?

And what the fuck is going on with that Cat bitch? Raised with a claymore and as a soldier, she some kind of fucking Highlander?

Oh and Ethan got emotional and stuff about his three dads. It's disappointing how shit his character became as soon as Hecate died. I miss Lyle.
>>
Oh and place your bets on the likelihood of Caliban/John Claire/the Creature's family surviving the coming reckoning. Guys I'm scared.
>>
Is Vanessa a vampire now? That is gay as fuck to be honest family. Dorian is funny now. The Apache's dank insults on Vanessa was cash. Lily going to get rekt but Jekyll also gets transformed to Hyde hopefully. God damn Dracula and Vanessa are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>70779253
Is this show that good? watched the first episode seemed pretty cool but can't seem to get into it, does it pick up?
>>
>>70781204
The first episodes of seasons in PD are usually the weakest.
Second season is really the best season i think.
>>
>>70779253
This show has gone downhill so hard man. Ever since that ladyboy. It's like they tried to hard to get every audiences approval. Shame too, this show had potential.
>>
>>70779840

Some folk lore says a wolf bite can counteract vampirism so they might go that angle or kill the maker and she loses vampirism angle, they're a lot of ways they can resolve the story.

This is the first episode in three seasons where Dorian acted like Dorian Grey.

Also lily had it coming so bad, hopefully gaggle of uppity whores gets wiped out.

As usual ethan/indiandad/malcom story was the best part. Overall dracula story has been bad though.

Dracula was never meant to be half of a fallen angel and king of eternal darkness and all this other nonsense, taking great story material and making it bad.
>>
>>70781740
>every audiences approval

The ladyboy gets spat on by everyone for being a ladyboy then killed by the one person who claimed to like him. And the big stronk feminist woman was just chained up and is about to be injected with some mind-altering thing to make her shut her fat cunt mouth and act like a proper bitch should.

If this show is genuinely trying to appeal to the SJW or LGBT types like so many people claim it's failing miserably.
>>
>>70781972
>This is the first episode in three seasons where Dorian acted like Dorian Grey.
He was pretty Grey with the tranny storyline. Gets enticed by something new and strange, makes it his, gets bored of it and moves onto something else, kills it.

It's nice he's finally getting some semblance of plot integration though.
>>
>>70782032

I mean if you think women are oppressed isn't that what they're literally doing to her though with proper women shit, in a reverse kind of way it still seems like sjw shit even if sjw figure is getting fucked up for it.

Maybe normal audiences are supposed to empathize with her and we just don't since we're male?

I mean shit its hard to judge since they're shitty with conveying narrative.
>>
>>70782083

I mean not really, nothing in any of original dorian grey stories had to do with gays or trannies so no I don't consider it even if you're keeping the themes. They're still trying to force an agenda there and that makes it bad writing.
>>
>>70779401
Less than 10% chance. The only thing in this show more likely than Eva Green making boners pop worldwide is that Caliban's happy place is always an illusion.
>>
>>70782110
I can't make sense of your first sentence at all.

I think she's meant to be an attempt at a tragic villain. She's clearly meant to be a villain, but we're still supposed to empathise with her on some level. The reason we don't isn't because we're male, though. We can empathise with Vanessa when she acts like a bitch because she's a fully-formed character who has good reason to falter but overall makes sense more often than not. Lily's just an absolute bitch.
>>
>>70782160
>force an agenda

He starts ignoring the tranny in favour of a thick blonde woman, then he kills it without giving a single fuck. I don't see what agenda that's trying to force other than that trannies get boring quickly.
>>
>>70782256

If you're a numale feminist that thinks of women as being oppressed by a patriarchial society, what they're going to do to lily is a literal allegory for what they already think and is still 'sjw'

Even if you think execution is off, at a certain level if Vanessa started going we need to kill all the males the end result would still be the same regardless of how well you think her character is formed, so I disagree with you. Somatic bias is always relative.
>>
>>70782325

Actually I need to amend, figurative instead of literal as well since the entire situation is kind of a second layer and commentary.

>>70782319

His entire storyline was basically two self contained bottle storylines that had very little to do with the main story and only seemed to be in the show to score SJW brownie points since neither outcome so far before this season had any direct impact on the story.

Not to say trannies or gays couldn't be included and not be an sjw device, its just they were executed that way, seemingly even if that wasn't the original point. Neither of first two stories served any other purpose except to put it on screen so their very existence became the point I was making, flawed execution or not.
>>
>>70782325
Right but the point is this is Victor Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, and Dr. fucking Jekyll doing it to her. She's not going to win. She's going to lose. So if they're trying to be SJW they're doing it by having the patriarchy swoosh right in and kick them in the metaphorical cunt, and these are people who get offended by anything, so doing that isn't a way to appeal to them at all.

I suppose that's a fair point. But then if Malcolm started running around saying all women must die for no adequate reason and he took up ten minutes every other episode to make a speech about it in an accent he couldn't really hold, I'm pretty sure I'd start hating him too, so the idea that we just don't get it because we aren't women I don't think is right.
>>
>>70782511

Maybe I need to qualify, "we just don't get it" maybe they're trying to do a whole gray thing where they don't want clear protagonists and antagonists. Usually with a story even when they're trying to be complex I get a feeling where the character is at morally speaking in their universe at any given time and I don't know if the show is badly written and it just does not come out of the screen as it usually does or I'm the only one but I was worried my biases were dictating what I was seeing instead of the intended point of the story? I don't know if that makes any sense.

So I guess that is why I phrased it that maybe normal people empathize with lily's story. She acts like a cunt and her gaggle of whores needs some violence done upon them. I would kill for Jack the Ripper right about now.

Malcolm as we learned from first season is kind of a bastard when it comes to Vanessa and his daughter but he isn't condemning all women for Vanessa's mistakes and we know that so we can kind of empathize with both which is not what we're getting currently.

Lily getting put on her knees, chained felt so right and only time I've actually liked Dorian because he finally reminded me of traditional schemer portrayals of his character.

I would also make a point about the execution and kind of a story/fable. Supernatural has a massive sjw fanbase which is why people like Charlie exist or did exist. Supernatural is also probably greatest killer of women on television. So just because execution is flawed doesn't mean intent still isn't there.
>>
>>70782032

Nigga, you know that shit is going to fail so hard.

It's still Lily & Justine vs. Victor vs. Dorian.

This whole thing is going to implode so fucking hard and someone's going to get wrecked by the end of this season. My bets on Dorian. Remember that Lily's the one person who knows where that statue is

>Dorian could have hidden it

I know you're hanging around these threads dude and I'm beating you to the punch. There is no way that painting doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.
>>
>>70782319

It wasn't even about Dorian being bored of Angelique, stop lying. If he had gotten bored of Angel, the tranny would have gotten left in the dust like everything else that happens. Angelique got killed because he found out Dorian's secret and he didn't trust him to not say anything about it.
>>
>>70783810
>statue

Lily's in no position to do anything at the moment and besides all that the writers have a major hard-on for Dorian if you've missed the past two seasons. He'll be fine.
>>
>>70783870
I never said he killed the tranny because he was bored, Anon, I said he moved on to a thick blonde woman because he was bored. Stop not being able to read.
>>
File: shot0081.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0081.png
3 MB, 1280x720
Literally /tv/: the character
>>
File: shot0078.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0078.png
3 MB, 1280x720
QT
>>
File: 1462773710987.jpg (20 KB, 351x334) Image search: [Google]
1462773710987.jpg
20 KB, 351x334
>>70783923
>yfw lick eva green's neck
>>
>>70783909
I'm sorry, someone else mentioned in an upper post about him being bored and at five in the morning my eyes just saw what they wanted to see in your post.
>>
>>70783969
That seems to be going around in this thread.
>>
>>70783955

Yeah but now I kinda wanna see this dude who's playing Drac in more stuff. I liked how he was able to play that more passionate side of him that desperately seeks love.

>"Have mercy, PLEASE!"
>>
>>70783889

Yeah I'm probably exaggerating really. Still, I don't see this all going down without something fucked up happening.

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't see Justine and her merry whores coming to save the day, that would just be an ass pull but this situation isn't going to go perfect either. Someone's gonna fuck up.
>>
>>70782160
nigger the whole point of Dorian Grey as a character is that he keeps plumbing the depths of hedonistic pleasure, novelty is his greatest turn-on

if you lived for a thousand years or so there's no way you would never have tried fucking someone of your own gender, you faggot
>>
Tried watching the first episode of this but was too spoopy for me

What's the point of jumpscare?
>>
>>70784042
There was a jumpscare in the first episode?
>>
>>70784077
There was a jumpscare in this series?
>>
>>70784042

You need to man up. Let Eva Green's smile light your way.
>>
>>70784077
Ya, like 2 minutes in

>>70784100
I tried watching it because of her, she's a top qt
>>
>>70784077
>>70784092
Not that anon but I think I recall a mother and daughter getting killed by Ethan while going to the lav in the first five minutes
>>
>>70784025
Well no shit it's not going to just go smoothly and then there'll be on their way, the apocalypse has just started shit's going to go down.
>>
i really enjoy this series but find it hard to recommend because of how crazy theatrical it is

that episode with just eva green and rory kinnear was godlike
>>
>>70784239
Nigga that's every scene they're in, Jesus Christ I can't fucking take it.

I also like how they're still meeting.
>>
>>70784239
>>70784274
John Clare killed fucking van Helsing because he didn't want to wait five minutes to talk to Frankenstein. Fuck him.
>>
>>70784315
>Still butthurt

Fuck off Proteus no-one cares about you anymore.
>>
>>70784315

Caliban killed Helsing.

John Clare has done nothing wrong in Vanessa's eyes.

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

But seriously I completely agree, I don't feel sorry for him at all when things don't go his way or he doesn't find happiness because he can be a fucking dick too when people don't do what he wants. He's abused Victor more than once, as well as other people, he has robbed, has murdered, and the story has made it convenient for this part of his life to not be seen by those who care about him.

Watching him get shrekked by Lily last season was very satisfying to watch given that was pretty much the only hope he had left at the time only to see it all come down in seconds.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.