[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the reason for Agents being armed with Deagles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (231 KB, 600x251) Image search: [Google]
file.png
231 KB, 600x251
What was the reason for Agents being armed with Deagles?
>>
machines are patriotic motherfuckers
>>
>>70773099

Pretty sure that wasn't why.
>>
>>70773099
>Desert Eagle
>Developed and made in Israel
Are you suggesting the machines are.... Jews?
>>
>>70772668
They can handle the recoil and piece weight since they're supremely strong so why not use the big hand cannon?
>>
>>70772668
It's a big bulky gun that looks powerful and official. And the triangle-ish muzzle looks kind of weird and bureaucratic, like a corporate logo.

One of the few reasonable choices of a Deagle brand Deagle in film.
>>
>>70772668
"men in black agents" only really carry small side arms. The need for an intimidating pistol merited the need for a large handgun.
>>
>>70772668
the movie armorer said they were lame and "wanker pistols" or something but the director or somebody higher up thought :fuck it, they look cool" so they used them
>>
>>70774132
99% of The Matrix is "fuck it, it's cool" so I don't blame anyone for it.
>>
As pretty much everyone else said, it looks cool.
Imagine if he was waving a fucking PPK in his face instead.
>>
>>70772668
no one notices except for autists so im sure they just said fuck it and used whatever
>>
>>70772668
it's a fucking movie and they were the baddest guns to have in it you fucking retard
>>
>>70774616
This. Only /k/ cares and who cares what they like or want?
>>
>>70772668
Counter Strike was very popular in the late 90s.

The Deagle was very popular in Counter Strike and the Internet of the time widely considered it to be "badass". That is literally the reason.
>>
in the matrix you can be whoever you want - machines want to wear suits and carry deagals.
>>
>>70773360
haven't seen animatrix but i heard there was some stuff in there that compared the machines in their early days to israel.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.