[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simon Pegg: The World's End
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
This movie was total shit, don't see it
>>
>>70763854

Nah mate. It was pretty good.
>>
I thought Martin Freeman gave an excellent performance as Tim from the office
>>
>>70763854
It was disappointing but it's not bad
>>
>>70763854
>weakest of an excellent trilogy
>DUUUUUUUR IT BAD
Well done, OP.
>>
File: The glass is always cleaner.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
The glass is always cleaner.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>70763854
I think the movie went to a very real place which is quite uncharacteristic of the genre. Not a bad movie, just broke formula in a weird way. Protip: they were trying to pull a Dan Harmon.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 540x540
>tfw quickly becoming the Simon Pegg of my friends
>>
It's good if only for Pegg's performance. He's an amazing actor.
>>
>>70763854
Nah the epilogue was total shit, the rest was quite good, sometimes great.
>>
>>70763854
It's definitely the weakest of the trilogy

Still miles better than nearly every single American """COMEDY""" film released in the last 20 years
>>
>>70763854
>OP is once again a complete pleb

>In general quality:
World's End > Hot Fuzz > Shaun

>In funny:
Hot Fuzz > Shaun > World's End
>>
>>70764331
except you're not funny, and don't look like the crow. you're just autistic and have personal hygiene problems.
>>
>Wright makes the most emotionally mature and sincere film of his career so far
>His perpetually juvenile following reject it because it's "too boring and depressing" "not funny"
Sad, he'll probably run back and make another capeshit now to appease the /v/edditors and then never mature as a film maker. This will be his Jackie Brown. One thoughtful gem in the middle of a career of technically proficient fanboy sensibility masturbation.
>>
>>70765207
all me
>>
File: image.png (363 KB, 420x392) Image search: [Google]
image.png
363 KB, 420x392
>>70765257
>I'm intellectually superior because I like a shitty movie that no one else does
>>
>>70765317
To be fair, he's saying he's emotionally superior / maturity superior.
So he's a hipster snob, instead of just a snob.
>>
The movie was fun and interesting before aliens happened.
It jumped the gun so hard
>>
>>70765317
>that no one else does
You mean that your fellow video game players don't. To any cinematically educated functional adult this is clearly Wright's most accomplished work. Maybe you'd have liked it better if he had filmed Pegg doing the silly meme dance for 2 hours.
>>
The World's End is the best one.
Children prefer the previous two.
>>
>>70763854
it was ok the ending was kinda cool though.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>70765654
>to any cinematically educated functional adult
>>
i personally enjoyed simon pegg in Tom Cruise: Mission Impossible and was considering watching this movie but now that OP has told me it's shit and instructed me not to see it i won't see it
>>
>>70765317
>american flags in that image

i'd say the irony is thick, but I wouldn't want to confuse any americlaps in this thread.
>>
>>70765054
thank you
>>
>>70763854
Just because you're a Gary King doesn't mean you need to project on us.
>>
>>70765851
Dumb phoneposter
>>
>>70764331
that's literally the best one you cuck

everyone else in the group realises they're mundane 9 to 5 life is shit and they need some Gary King in themselves.
>>
Another ''comedy'' with zero laughs!

Great job Simon!!
>>
>>70763854
Agree...this movie sucked. I didn't laugh one time.
>>
why is spaced so underrated?
>>
>>70763854
what i hated most about it was that there were no laugh track to cue me when I should laugh.

Total disaster of a comedy.
>>
All Pegg movies are shit.
>>
>>70767940
Nah
>>
File: WFSr9.jpg (9 KB, 360x152) Image search: [Google]
WFSr9.jpg
9 KB, 360x152
Sorry m8 but I loved it.
>>70765696
Hey now, I wouldn't say that. I think each of the movies have their moments.

Hot Fuzz is probably the most lighthearted of them, while Shaun of the Dead is middle-rung and The World's End is the heaviest. But each of them have good themes and character arcs.

I think The World's End is my favorite though. Maybe it's because I can relate the most to Gary. Shit, I think a lot of people can. The disillusionment upon growing up, realizing that life will never be as good as it was. The need to relive the best moments of one's life.

That fucking reveal hit me hard, you guys. Sometimes I actually wish I could be put in a nuthouse though.
>>
>>70763969
L I K E
H E
A L W A Y S
D O E S
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.