[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is this film not number one on IMDB top?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Forrest_Gump_poster.jpg (88 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Forrest_Gump_poster.jpg
88 KB, 300x400
So why is this film not number one on IMDB top?
>>
because it's entirely mediocre and the only good character is LT. DANG
>>
>>70752919
Because of its problematic treatment of Jenny, a woman whose life was so sad a literal retard was her only friend.
>>
a retarded gay man sits and tells vainglorious lies to any one he can corner while they're waiting for a bus

what's not to love?
>>
>>70752919
Because for some goddamn reason more money went to a fucking CGI feather than a competent screenwriter.
Roth might just be the most overrated writer out there.
>>
>>70752959
You're probably memeing with "problematic", but the way the movie establishes Jenny as a victim of childhood sexual abuse, then punishes her repeatedly for making bad decisions is a little suspect. There's this political bent to all her actions too that clearly shows judgement from the filmmakers. Jenny does drugs and protests the war and has casual sex and dies from AIDS because of it; Forrest is a good boy, he fights in Vietnam just because he's told, never questions anything and succeeds at capitalism for it, etc. You can't establish her as a tragic character then use her as a punching bag for your political agenda
>>
>>70754906
Yes you can
>>
Because no matter what you do, plebs will always believe word of mouth without actually seeing a movie
>>
>>70752930
Better tuck in that lip son, might get it caught on a trip wire
>>
>>70755245
I mean, you can, it just seems wrong to me. Is her life fucked because she was raped at 7, or because she disagrees with the writer's political views? They seem at odds with each other, at least for how the audience should perceive the character
>>
>>70752919
yeah why is it not the #1 worst movie ever made on imdb?
>>
>>70752919
Because Terminal is better.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.