[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s thoughts on Magnolia? Besides the fact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: magnolia.jpg (41 KB, 429x597) Image search: [Google]
magnolia.jpg
41 KB, 429x597
What's /tv/'s thoughts on Magnolia?

Besides the fact it's directed by PTA
>>
>>70751210
I haven't seen it, should I?
>>
It's directed by PTA
>>
>>70751210
Objectively the best kino ever
>>
>>70751210
one of my favorites. I cry everytiem
>>
>>70751210
Tom Cruise's best performance.
>>
>>70751210
I couldn't hear the dialog in the final scene, was this on purpose or just bad audio mixing?
>>
>>70751210
one of my favorites too
The scene where everybody sings could have been cringey real easy but it's actually endearing
>>
>>70751210
Great.

Cruise is god tier when he's not playing boring, generic heroes.
>>
>>70755367
that was on purpose
>>
>>70757492
but why?
>>
>>70751210
Literally the worst movie ever made.
>>
>>70751210
It's pretty good, though the opening three stories and introductory scene showing all the characters is by far the best part of the film
>>
>>70757676
You were supposed to watch her and her reactions to the things that cop guy were saying.

You don't need to hear the words to realize that he was comforting her, especially since the last thing you see in the entire movie is her smiling -- the one thing in the film she never did (at least genuinely)
>>
>>70751210
Too long, otherwise it's pretty great. Respect the cock.
>>
>>70757777
this
the audience understands the nature of the scene from her expression and the music

also nice quads
>>
>>70757777
thanks anon that's actually really insightful

congratulations on your quads
>>
One of the few films I've ever watched only once that has almost completely stuck with me. I can still vividly remember most of it in my head, and I haven't seen the movie in like 10 years. PTA's most underrated
>>
only film that's accurately portrayed the sheer terror i feel when i have to go to the bathroom in an open setting
>>
TAME THE CUNT
Cruise is perfect in it
>>
>>70751210
Itt: pretentious redditors with no taste defending a flick PTA wrote in 2 weeks coked out of his head
>>
>>70758101
Great contribution. Where's the upvote button?
>>
Watched it once with my dad, he got choked up at the death drip part and just said "thats what they did to your grandma" pretty cool moment desu

Other than that, pretty wanky. It's like candy so sweet and sugary you feel bad for eating it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.