[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The elephant in the room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: axe.jpg (60 KB, 414x372) Image search: [Google]
axe.jpg
60 KB, 414x372
So... why did they have a broken axe in this movie? I finally got around to marking this film off my backlog the other day, and this question bugged me the whole movie. I did some thinking, and wondered, was the broken axe intended to be symbolic, representing humanity's gross incompetence and utter inferiority? I really think that it would work within the confines of the films themes and overall message.
>>
It is not broken. The design is for easier use and handling. Source: The 20 hours super interesting behind the scenes material. Same story with nearly every piece of equipment. Ridley Scott spent a lot of thought on the equipment and shit, not so much on a story, but yeah.
>>
>>70750444
>it's completely bent
>it's not broken guys
Kindly fuck off. It's broken, and if you don't want to accept that, fine. Take it to another thread.
>>
>>70750510
Nice bait but youve definitely seen a curved sword handle before and its the same principle so 4/10
>>
>>70750556
>curved sword handle
Post examples, I have never seen that in my life.
>>
>>70750369
>bugged me the whole movie
>appears in the last 10 minutes

kys
>>
>>70750369
An axe like that isn't something that would become outdated.

It's not like they have energy swords like in Halo.
>>
Also, why have a fire axe on a spaceship? All the walls and doors are made of metal, so it's not like you're going to break one down. And even if you do manage to punch a hole in a wall, it's only going to add more oxygen to the fire. It's best to just seal off the area and let the fire burn itself out. Anybody stuck inside can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>70750369

"The heft and throat on many modern fire axe designs are actually curved for a reason. It provides angular momentum on an otherwise ordinary grip, so that you can swing the axe with a greater force. It also provides a better grip, and unique shape can be used for leverage when prying the axe back out."

You could have found that out by googling "prometheus curved axe"
>>
Why did they delete one of the most important scenes in Prometheus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVFYLf8_eI

The Engineer had a good reason to get angry with humans. Weyland compared himself to a God and Engineer lost his shit for it.
>>
>>70750369
I work as a tree cutting man. I've been in the business for 20 years, and a straight-handled axe fucks your back up. I switched to one of these curved ones about 3 years ago, and it made the job way easier. Wish I'd done it sooner.
>>
>>70751272
Proof
>>
>>70751272
20 years in the business yet aren't familiar with the terms lumberjack, arborist or tree surgeon?
>>
File: 3742545-countdooku.jpg (27 KB, 792x599) Image search: [Google]
3742545-countdooku.jpg
27 KB, 792x599
>>70750609
>>
>>70750556
>CURVED SWORDS
>>
File: HcO2o308.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HcO2o308.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>>70750369
It's a handy tool to have
>>
>>70754174
No, curved handles
>>
File: 1460858253411.jpg (184 KB, 736x1091) Image search: [Google]
1460858253411.jpg
184 KB, 736x1091
>>70750369
It's an Alien tradition
>>
File: orgasmic.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
orgasmic.gif
3 MB, 200x180
It actually would help if you were cutting wood at a downward angle, and I guess if you have a whole fucking intergalactic spaceship why not bring an axe just in case

I missed these threads
>>
>>70754309
>dat mound
>>
>>70751272
i recently cut down backyard bamboo and agree with this man
>>
>>70750914
Its used if they crashed on a forested planet so they could cut down the trees and make a heliport so the helicopters can pick them up
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 418x359
>>70750369
A better question is why does the security detail seemingly only have flamethrowers? That's completely retarted.
>>
They put axes on spaceships because if theres a fire in the spaceship you can use the axe to chop a hole in the side of the space ship to escape.
>>
>>70750369
>this question bugged me the whole movie

how did that bug you the whole movie when it doesn't happen until like the last thirty minutes?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.