[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How I Met Your Mother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1280x960
So, what does /tv/ think of How I Met Your Mother?

>had a lot more potential and could've been a really good show had the writers not decided to go from a comedy/slice-of-life to an all out slapstick comedy clusterfuck
>had quite a few feels inducing moments
>Barney is a much better character than people give him credit for
>someone please king hit Josh Radnor, the annoying cunt
>Lily is so shit, Marshall deserved better

All in all, I might binge watch it on Netflix in the future if I've got a really bad cold (1-2 weeks)
>>
>>framed narratives
>>unreliable narrator

Coulda been kino but dat laugh track tho...
>>
File: how-i-met-your-mother.jpg (765 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
how-i-met-your-mother.jpg
765 KB, 2000x2000
>>70746517
D R O P P E D
>>
>>70746900
The show would have benefited from having a format more similar to Scrubs than the standard "filmed in front a studio audience" format
>>
>>70746517
first seasons were comfy Saturday morning hangover telly for me, it kinda felt like Seinfeld without the wit parred mixed with a modern take on Friends ...too bad it turned to shit so fast
>>
>>70746517
Incredible how forgettable it was considering that everybody talked about it when it aired.
Even Barney vanished from the public mind pretty fucking quickly.
>>
>>70747125
He came out of the closet. The disconnect with his womanising tv persona turned people off.
>>
File: 20140205-021508.jpg (274 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20140205-021508.jpg
274 KB, 1366x768
>>70746517
The show jumped the shark with Robin going for Barney.
>>
>>70747285
/this, the same happend with this one actress that played in a harison ford movie, the moment she said she was lesbian noone could buy the act anymore. she was pretty famous, now I can't even remember her name.
>>
>>70746517
all the jokes were predictable and bad and i literally don't give a shit who the mom would be

barney was a cool character but the novelty of him wore off quickly

should have had 2 seasons but had 9
>>
Probably the best traditional sitcom of the past decade.

Even the horrendous final season is leagues ahead of Big Bang.

It's just a pity the entire ending was a huge FUCK YOU to the fans.
>>
>jew manlet "nerd" getting constant quality pussy in jew york
Dropped
>>
>>70747303
>so why didn't they put Robin as the mother???

all the fucking show it is about the autistic ted trying to be with the love of his life, Robin. what is the fucking point of not having her as the mother? FFS at the end they even endup together???
>>
>>70747452
Teds 6'

That's nowhere near manlet. Manlet is anything under 5' 9.
>>
>>70747461
Because they did a bait n' switch with that idea in the very 1st episode.
>>
>>70747461
they wanted robin as the mother from the very first episode, it's just that they were offered a lot of money to extend the show which is why it turned to shit after the second season
>>
>>70746517
S1-S4 are GOAT
S5-S6 are cool
S7-S8 are watchable
S9 is the blunder of the century
>>
It had some funny moments but all the over-arching storylines were completely awful, especially how they handled the last season.
>>
File: 1380151388544.gif (3 MB, 360x288) Image search: [Google]
1380151388544.gif
3 MB, 360x288
the first 2½ seasons were 10/10 and then got progressivly worse throughout, the last season was pretty bad but watchable with the finale being fucking aidscancer
>>
>>70747496
>6'
>not King of the manlets
>>
>>70746517
Not good after season 4
>>
>>70746517
Never ever got the hype
>>
>marshall
>barney
>
>
>robin
>ted
>
>
>
>lilly
>>
>>70747562
I thought Victoria was meant to be the mother
>>
>>70746517
Don't know why anyone would waste their time with this ham-fisted and moral spewing trash

It's just another Friends, which was equally as shit
>>
>>70747841
Nvm just remembered that she was the back up plan if HIMYM didn't get another season.
>>
>>70747841
nope, it was Robin all along from start to finish
>>
File: nicolas-cage-crazy-300x242.jpg (14 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-cage-crazy-300x242.jpg
14 KB, 300x242
>>70747855
>It's just another Friends, which was equally as shit

cumdrips, when Friends aired you were still a lard in the balls of the negro that raped your mother. stfu and go post "what did he mean by this" threads.
>>
Recently watched all of it
Barney's arc was great, but the ending pissed me off
I wanted Barney to settle down with robin, not with a nameless girl (although i do get that what's important is his daughter)
I also wanted ted to end up with "the mother", not for him to go back to robin
Show packed quite a few feels though
>>
Eh
Never liked it
>>
>>70748002
they couldn't have a good end for a debauched adulterer in a comedy show
>>
Whos worse, Lilly or Janice Soprano?
>>
>>70747303
Holy fuck I hate Ted.

Ted is the soul reason this show is the worst.
>>
>>70748185
Lily by far senpai
>>
>>someone please king hit Josh Radnor, the annoying cunt
Is he the lead who has that smug, condescending glare on the show every five seconds? I wanted to fucking deck that cunt every time he did that.

Shit fucking show anyway. Neil Patrick Harris was probably the best part of it because he was the only one who could actually act.
>>
>>70748185
AJ.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.