[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> can't feel empathy for the kid since he doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: background-twitter.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
background-twitter.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
> can't feel empathy for the kid since he doesn't talk half of the movie nor he express emotions
> when he starts to talk is like the creep "I'm going to kill you with my x men powers if you upset me way"
> somehow they menaged to make a kid creepier than a ugly brown animatronic from the 80's
> the animatronic is cutter and express more emotion than the creep glowing kid
> absolutely terrible third act with terrible reveal
> sun is bad for the creep kid except when it isn't
How can someonr like thid turd? it is like if you mashed ET and super 8 made it directed by Synder
fucking souless, joyless, sterile, piece of shit movie
>>
> sun is bad for the creep kid except when it isn't

That's what the parents thought, the kid realized he needed the sunlight.
>>
Yeah man Midnight Special sucked.
>>
>woman who uses the word creep to describe anything she doesnt like
kill yourself you fat tub of lard
>>
>>70749738
I'm not a womyn and the kid as creep as hell
it literally
>what if we mash ET and super 8 together and hire Synder to direct it
>>
>>70747859
What you expect, when a hack decides to take a 3min music video and extend that concept to 2hrs, tries to call it original content, yet fails to even remove the word midnight from the title probably due to sheer laziness.
>>
>>70750202
>mash ET and super 8
Oh, fuck me. Learn anything about movies.

It was all an homage to Spielberg. All of it. Close Encounters heavily through the first act interweaved with Sugarland Express with some obvious E.T. towards the end.

Super 8 was also an homage to Spielberg, Midnight Special wasn't referencing a fucking Abrams movie. And there wasn't a hint of Snyder anywhere in the film.

I mean I wasn't hugely fussed with it either but if you can't critique it properly just cross your arms and say you didn't like it.
>>
I haven't seen anything else by Nichols, but I did love this
It was like a really long music video

But unlike, say, Fury Road it didn't repeat itself constantly after 40 minutes. There was actual variety. It really kept you going, kept you interested. And the actors all gave fantastic performances

My only real gripe with it was that the story was barely explained. Why did they give the kid up to the church in the first place? Did the church know the dad was the dad? It said he had been in the church for 2 years if i remember right
So did he just randomly decide he wanted his kid back?
>>
File: Midnight.Special.jpg (205 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
Midnight.Special.jpg
205 KB, 1920x802
was it rape?
>>
>>70750286
It doesn't feel like a homage, it feels like a shit version of these movies.
>. And there wasn't a hint of Snyder anywhere in the film.
Yes there is, the movie is like a giant trailer, like the bit when the kid's father is pointing the gun at the guy
>Please don't this
>You should've known better
>fades to black

come on this is a fucking trailer in the middle of the movie, and there are more instances of it happening
>>
>>70750627
When has Snyder done anything like that?

Honestly I think it was a shittily written film with a great concept and just fine direction.

And some of that cinematography was excellent. The vehicles coming over the rise single-file at night on their way to the compound, for example. That was great.

And the first few minutes before the opening title with the car driving down the road without headlights was great, too.

I'd probably give it a 6/10 - the script let it down hugely, but I had no qualms with the direction or cinematography - and again, really need an example of how it reminded you of Snyder because I'm at a loss. Or is /tv/ just using "Snyder" as a term for "bad" now?
>>
>>70746345
It's a shit movie... couldn't even finish it cause the cringe was that strong.
>>
Good premise, shitty execution. Takes itself far too seriously. No real characterisation. Nothing and nobody to care about. Boring most of the time.
>>
>>70747859

The first half of the first act was kinda cool.
>>
>>70750716
>When has Snyder done anything like that?

Man of steel is basically a bunch of trailers together

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it until the second half
>>
>>70750975
I guess I can see where you're coming from in terms of segmentation and disrupting the flow of the film but I'd argue that's an issue with pacing and editing rather than a stylistic choice by the director.
>>
Doesn't quite have the heart that allowed Mud and Take Shelter to win me over.
>>
Why is everyone so depressed in this movie? Did something bad happen?
>>
>>70750462
>Why did they give the kid up to the church in the first place?
I thought that they adopted him using shady methods so that they could keep him away from his parents.

>Did the church know the dad was the dad?
I think so.

>So did he just randomly decide he wanted his kid back?
Isn't it implied at the end that he also has some connection with the other world? Could be that the others informed him to take Alden to the extraction point by any means necessary.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.