[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Critics panning it >fans loving it and wanting more >probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 15
File: _86564582_warcraft[1].jpg (73 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
_86564582_warcraft[1].jpg
73 KB, 976x549
>Critics panning it
>fans loving it and wanting more
>probably be shit at the box office
Cult classic in the making. You heard it here first faggots.
>>
>>70745007
But it's doing great in China anon.

Sequels assured!
>>
>>70745007
I still haven't gotten a good enough answer: is this worth seeing if you have never played the game? Is it too confusing to follow?

Also: is it worth watching with a family member or will they be entirely lost with the story?
>>
>>70745007
>probably be shit at the box office

wtf
>>
>>70745148
the basis of the story is as simple as it gets, you might not recognize every single orc by their names but you'd have to be retarded to not understand the story
>>
>>70745170
one more thing: will there be a director's cut? Should I wait to watch that
>>
>full of cgi
>cult classic

nah, never going to happen. That doesn't even exist
>>
>>70745190
you shouldn't wait you should go watch it right now so they still make first week money to fund directors cut/sequel off your ticket

you'll watch the extended version when it comes it's not like if it's missing scenes will ruin it forever even if you see an improved version

also it was solid 7/10 movie i'd rate 9/10 but i'm biased because i'm a warcraft fan
>>
>>70745210
u wot
>>
>>70745007
I still dont know if the movie was shit or if it was good, or somewhere in between. But i know i didnt hate it. I'd like to see some sequels.
>>
>>70745256
>tfw you can't tell which characters are cg and which are live action everything is so real and seamlessly edited into the picture
What an age of wonder we dwell in lads
>>
File: 1402796472986.jpg (418 KB, 1044x1417) Image search: [Google]
1402796472986.jpg
418 KB, 1044x1417
>>70745148
>I still haven't gotten a good enough answer: is this worth seeing if you have never played the game? Is it too confusing to follow?
>Also: is it worth watching with a family member or will they be entirely lost with the story?

Its def worth watching - action is great and the CGI is as well.

>Is it too confusing.
Plot is simple - but to notice other certain things you need at least half a brain and pay attention to the movie.

A family member shouldnt be lost.

>>70745190
>Directors Cut
Its being hinted at if it does well. Over 40mins was cut.

Overall, movie is a decent 6-7(depending on your taste)/10.
>>
>>70745256

there has not been a cult classic cgi film. And there will never be one. Pretty simple?
>>
>>70745007

it going to be more like anime

>they made the CG look fake on purpose
>only true fans get it
>TO DEEP FOR YOU

it was shit, had potential just like WoW, but attempting to cater to the masses and over zealous action made it a worthless attempt to make a new LoTR (in terms of "muh lore")

i know its blizzard, but it was far cartoony, toning it down would have gone a long way, especially with the magic effects, did we need the entire screen turning neon blue for a simple little spell? no.

i also wasnt too pleased with the landscapes, felt too much like WoW terrain, the world felt very small.

>if Warcraft 2 movie would be made, will i watch it?
yes
>>
>>70745306

>the guy who is posting WoW artwork also liked the WoW movie

wow what a surprise, I wonder if you aren't biased or anything
>>
>>70745297
>tfw you can't tell which characters are which at all because there's no character development and they all look like computer generated cartoons
>>
>>70745321

Oh wait... that's the movie that no one remembers kek
>>
File: 1465166182525.png (1 MB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
1465166182525.png
1 MB, 1920x1079
>>70745322
>did we need the entire screen turning neon blue for a simple little spell?
Nah fuck you m8.

Its the best magic in any movie I've ever season.

Warcrafts always been high-fantasy. Crazy fucking spells are a large part of it.
>>
> "I guess it was ok" - God
> "Could have been worse" - Bouddha
> "Meh" Allah
> "I may have liked it" Confucius
> "Das racisss" Mother Gaia
> "That was frigging awesome !" Norse gods

Here's all the critics you need to know about this movie.
>>
>>70745322
>waah waah I want my gritty realism
fuck off
>>
>>70745340
>wow what a surprise, I wonder if you aren't biased or anything
Of course I'm biased. In my eyes its a 9/10.

Normie friends enjoyed it though, my tiny sample size of like 4-5 people gave it a 6-7/10.
>>
>>70745347

it was a huge mainstream film for cgi-hungry escapistic audience. Same people who wanted to live in the avatar world probably turned into bronies couple of years after.
>>
>>70745322
The movie pans too much to the masses by being too similar to the game that only a fraction of the audience has played?

Maybe you should consider the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>70745360
>season.
Seen* Holy shit

>>70745345
What. I thought they did a great job of differentiating the orcs. The humans weren't fucking hard either.

Is this bait.
>>
>>70745375

Its awful, kill yourself
>>
>>70745007
Go fuck yourself, I have been a fan of the warcraft series since the first game and this movie was a spit on the fucking lore. Litereally Orc apologists the movie.
>>
>>70745396
not an argument
>>
>>70745427
warcraft has been orc apologists: the series ever since warcraft 3
>>
>>70745427
>Litereally Orc apologists the movie.
Then you're a fucking retarded fan.

They've retconned the orcs since fucking WC3 - over 10 fucking years ago.

Come to terms with it already anon.
>>
You have to remember this is NOT world of warcraft movie, it's warcraft ONE. So Elves are irrelevant (and look like shit), Dwarves are useless too except selling guns for final scene because reasons and you don't have Trolls, Taurens or anything.

The Fel was the weak part of the plot, trying to "show" Sargeras corruption without explaining it, making everything pretty weird. We should have follow the step of the REAL warcraft one and two lore, having the point of view of Meddihv or his mother instead of "OH LOL GREEN STUFF MAKES YOU EVIL!".

As a player, some scenes were differents for me (Fuck, this is Karazhan before it turns into this shitty place I died so many times in raid...) or kinda stupid (Ok so Stormwind looks EXACTLY like WoW Stormwind despite being rased by Orcs during the first war).

I would actually enjoy a Warcraft 2 based on the game but Thrall would be useless in it, Lordaeron isn't even introduced yet and Lothar can't be the protagonist again... So I guess they would have to mix 2 and 3 and that would be awful.
>>
>>70745456

Its awful, kill yourself
>>
>>70745487
this is the sort of person who liked this "movie"
>>
>>70745462
>>70745480
The movie takes place BEFORE warcraft 3 when the Orcs were blood thirsty scum all of them. Movie tries acting like they were good all along.
>>
>>70745427
retards dont really count as fans xD
>>
>>70745487
>He wants to fit all of WC1's lore into one movie.
There is a reason they cut shit. Even WITH all the cut-shit it still felt rushed in the 2hrs and 30mins it ran for. Don't be a retard anon.

>Stormwind looks exactly the same.

Except it doesnt - different statues (Medivh) and harbor. It gets razed - rebuilt with a similar design. But missing many certain buildings/landmarks.

Do really think they could have also fit in
>Sargeras
>Medivhs Mom
>The Burning Legion
>The importance of every race.
>>
>>70745487
Yeah agree massively.

The median storyline was shut and mostly poorly executed. The weird lightning and golden were pretty carp.

Orcs were the best bit. A sequel would be great, focussing more on a war.
>>
>>70745427
>I have been a fan of the warcraft series since the first game and this movie was a spit on the fucking lore
The movie IS the fucking lore, they changed very few things.

> Blackhand gets killed by Doomhammer, not Lothar. And killed too soon.
> Khadgar isn't supposed to be around (I think ?)
> Meddhiv's mother should do more stuff
> Portal should still be working
> Ogres ? Where ?

I think that's it. We have Gul'dan and Meddhiv having a link and being corrupted by Kil'Jaeden to find the Tumb of Sargeras, we have the King underestimating the threat at first and being killed by Garona when it's too late (even if the reason is a bit different it can be recorded like that). We have orcs destoying humans and probably making them leave Stormwind next movie for Lordaeron.
>>
>>70745514
Are the Orcs even good now? Aside from a few exceptional cases like Thrall, the vast majority still seem stupid, warlike and highly discriminatory.

It's bizarre to me that they get played so much as is.
>>
File: Night_Elves_-_Concept.jpg (144 KB, 1017x784) Image search: [Google]
Night_Elves_-_Concept.jpg
144 KB, 1017x784
>>70745514
>The movie takes place BEFORE warcraft 3 when the Orcs were blood thirsty scum all of them. Movie tries acting like they were good all along.
You're still being retarded. That has all been retconned in WC3 and WoW. Are you sure you even played the fucking games? They go into full-detail about how they fell to the demons lies and lost their way. Its Thralls entire fucking campaign + quarrel with Grom Hellscream.
>>
>>70745007
China has NO TASTE

It's clearly not Boonie Bears 3

....Not even Boonie Bears 2!
>>
>>70745548
>>Sargeras
Yeah, just name him instead of "the Fel"
> Mom
She's in it
> The Burning Legion
Medhiv turns into a fucking demon already
> The importance of every race
That should be in 2, not 1. Dwarves and Elves were barely playable in 1.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZCLT56Si44

This is the most cringeworthy shit I've seen in a while..
>>
>>70745514
>Movie tries acting like they were good all along.
Good ? They're perfectly fine with exterminating the Draenai, Gul'dan is just pushing them by destroying the land. Also when the corruption runs out, they're still gonna rekt the human kingdom.
>>
File: Draenor.png (1 MB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
Draenor.png
1 MB, 1600x681
>>70745584
>Are the Orcs even good now?

People are thinking too fucking abstractly about "HURR DURR GOOD AND EVIL". Its become far more complex since WC1 - and its better for it.

The Orcs had many clans (Blackrock, Laughing Skull, Bleeding Hollow, Frostwolf, Warsong etc etc). Some were very shamanistic (Frostwolf) while others were very much into their war-culture (Warsong).

They shared a planet with the Draenei. Guldan made contact with Kiljaeden (Demons) and began to subvert/convince other orcs to follow him and his new power because it would fuck the Draenei (and it did).

When the majority of the orcs were on his side - the rest of the clans followed out of fear of being murdered, as well as just sheer pressure.

Some orcs were then forced to drink the Demon-Blood (Which turned them Green), not all of them did this.

So your answer? Its the exact fucking same as the humans. Some are 'good' and some are 'bad'.

The Orcs believed in Guldans lies - and they lost their homeworld because of it.

>It's bizarre to me that they get played so much as is.
They are a 'brutish' people.
>>
>>70745514
Yes and in warcraft 3 they changed it so that they were under the influence all along

warcraft 3 changed the series and they're going with that
>>
>>70745668
>ome orcs were then forced to drink the Demon-Blood (Which turned them Green)
What ? Wasn't it red ?
>>
File: artwork-12-full.jpg (176 KB, 960x454) Image search: [Google]
artwork-12-full.jpg
176 KB, 960x454
>>70745702
Mannoroths Blood turned them green (Fel).

If you're thinking of WC3 (when they were already green). It turned their eyes red.

Orcs were originally Red/Brown
>>
>>70745190
There will be a Director's Cut if the movie does well. So while it would probably be a better watch, it won't happen unless you go see it in cinemas.
>>
>>70745487
>it's not a WoW movie

Draenei, brown orcs, armor design, it's all from WoW. The story is of Warcraft I but after all the retcons from WoW.
>>
Is there a 1080p non camrip torrent of this yet?

There used to be only 720p and camrip torrents.
>>
>>70745340
>WoW movie
There is a WoW movie? Where?

This is Warcraft, faggot.

Go kill yourself. I hope your family gets cancer and your dog gets eaten by chinks.
>>
>>70745766
>Draenei
They are in Warcraft 2 manual as a weak race who got rekt by orcs. They are the reason why the first assault by orcs was a failure, because they were surprised to fight a race than can actually defend (humans)
>>
>>70745766
>all the retcons from WoW.
The retcons are from the novels you retard
>>
>>70745007
Warcraft fan here, specifically the RTS games. It fucking sucked. Stop pushing the "it's for the fans" bullshit
>>
>>70745834
i doubt you even played warcraft 1 faggot

just because you played warcraft 3 doesn't make you a fan

jump off a cliff faggot
>>
The Half Orc chick's facial expressions didn't change the entire movie she was either weepy looking or looked like she needed to fart.
>>
>>70745148
Don't watch it. It's just a downright bad movie. And I had no problems following it since I've played the RTS games, but the movie does such a shitty job at explaining things and makes the plot more confusing than the original game ever was. Stay away. Shitty dialogue, characters and action scenes all around.
>>
>>70745834
Pleb without an argument.
>>
>>70745148
I watched it with my flatmates, one of which hadn't played any warcraft games and he still enjoyed it even though the major source of fun for me was to see all the locations i knew well in a live action movie
>>
>>70745876
LMAO, retard. You can't even explain why, just stop posting.
>>
>>70745876
your birth was a downright bad movie
>>
>>70745007
>be retarded /v/edditor desperate for muh videogames becoming mainstream
>post shitty thread for weeks about how warcraft movie will be "lotr of our generation"
>underage because lotr came out in the 2000s
>gets rated like the piece of shit CGI plotless garbage it is and horrible reviews, no one likes it
>m-m-muh cult classic f-fans cant g-get enough!
>>
>>70745862
Says the WoWbabby. The game excluded all the good parts of WC1, like Doomhammer usurping Blackhand and destorying stormwind. But enjoy your shitty mess of a movie that couldn't even get the simple plot of the first game right.
>>
>>70745831
>the retcons are from the novels

I'm pretty sure brown orcs were first in Burning Crusade. As were good Eredar Draenei.

>>70745825
>they are the reason

The reason was orcs not encountering any big resistance in Black Morras and Killrogg and Cho'gall trying to one up each other.
>>
>>70745814

The only dog I've had was your mum
>>
>>70745911
>>70745938
>maximum damage control mode
Tell me again how the movie is a 10/10 because you recognized Orc chieftains you didn't know from anywhere outisde Warlord of Draenor?
>>
File: grom.jpg (1 MB, 1181x1200) Image search: [Google]
grom.jpg
1 MB, 1181x1200
>>70745702
>>70745730

There's really no logic behind the demon blood

Supposedly the orcs turn red from drinking the demon blood since hte blood haze "takes over them" (which turns them into fel orcs), but that's obviously not true in the case of the orcs drinking it pre-WC1, neither is it true in the case of Grommash and the other orcs in Ashenvale.

It might be that their skin colour slowly turns red, but that still doesn't explain the demon blood drinking before the invasion of Azeroth
>>
>>70745957
They should have kept that failed first assault as backstory for the movie. That way they wouldn't have had to set up the conflict between the orcs and humans as messily as they did in the movie. It was definately part of it's shittiness
>>
>>70746014

brown orc > green orc > red orc

What's so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>70745911
>pls stop posting
I'm sorry your movie sucked, WoWfag. But people will always talk shit about it like the blunder it is. Just let it go
>>
>>70746014
Green= drank blood/exposed to fel magic
Red= drank way too much blood
>>
>>70745368
>> "That was frigging awesome !" Norse gods
Like the norse gods would be impressed by a mediocre movie. Not enough violence or rape.
>>
>>70746082
Simple-minded with a simple post, I like it. :)
>>
>>70746080
What never made sense about this to me was that only the Chieftains drank the blood of Mannoroth, yet everyone turned green. It made more sense that Orcs were just green naturally and the original blood just turned their eyes red, since if I remember correctly only Grom had red eyes in WC3
>>
>>70746080
It's not hard to understand. It's just retarded. Are they orcs or fucking chameleons?

>>70746044
They should've just adapted Last Guardian and let the orc side of the story alone.
>>
>>70746126
>If you don't like this movie you're simple-minded
The same movie where every character feels the need to yell to audience what's happening
>GUL'DAN CHEATS
>THE PORTAL IS CLOSING
>GUL'DAN DOESN'T WANNA WASTE HIS POWERS ON FROSTWOLVES
etc.
>>
>>70746127
>It made more sense that Orcs were just green naturally and the original blood just turned their eyes red, since if I remember correctly only Grom had red eyes in WC3

What are you talking about?

If they drink the blood once they turn green. If they drink it again they turn red. Groms eyes didnt turn red until he turned red.

>>70746132
>It's not hard to understand. It's just retarded. Are they orcs or fucking chameleons?

Do you think fictional things can't be like real things or something? What are you even trying to say here? What colour would you like them do be you dildo?
>>
>>70746080
I just explained why it doesn't make sense you retard

>>70746099
Yep that's what people speculate but there's never been a confirmation of this, quite the opposite actually.
The red orcs that served Magtheridon was just explained to have drunk demon blood, and technically Grommash and the other orcs in Ashenvale also became fel orcs, they just didn't become red.
>>
>>70746191
>I just explained why it doesn't make sense you retard

No your explanation doesn't make sense. What you refer to doesn't even happen.

>and technically Grommash and the other orcs in Ashenvale also became fel orcs, they just didn't become red.

They did become red anon.
>>
File: grommash.jpg (57 KB, 464x367) Image search: [Google]
grommash.jpg
57 KB, 464x367
>>70746183
>Groms eyes didnt turn red until he turned red
Wrong
>>
>>70746183
>What colour would you like them do be you dildo?

The color they were for the three games before fan-fiction took over. Green.
>>
>>70746214

post some evidence then
>>
>>70746226

What, you don't like red? Are you colourblind?
>>
>>70746179
They're trying to broaden the audience, probably for a younger audience. Use your brain you tard, they can't keep it on point with the games. Durrr
>>
File: grom.jpg (76 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
grom.jpg
76 KB, 1440x1080
>>70746236
I just posted that picture of green Grom with red eyes. Here's another
>>
>>70746270

That picture you posted isn't Warcraft 3.

This picture is, and is Grom after the curse is somewhat purged from him. Perhaps you should actually go and play Warcraft 3 before you start complaining about this kind of shit.
>>
>>70745148
It's okay, but the first act suffers from clumsy character introductions and bad editing. It redeems itself in the second half and does not require previous understanding of the franchise to get into.
>>
>>70745190
If it does well, there will be.

40 minutes were cut.
>>
>>70746260
Orcs turning red was borderline but acceptable. Orcs turning green even though the games and the books said they were always green? Hell naw.
>>
Ok here's how it goes

ORIGINAL CANON
>Orcs are green
>Orc Chieftains drink blood of Mannoroth which makes them stronger and turns their eyes red
>Warsong Clan drinks blood of Mannoroth again in WC3 which turns their skin red

RETCONNED CANON
>Orcs are brown
>Orc Chieftains drink blood of Mannoroth which makes them stronger and turns their eyes red and skin green
>rest of the orcs also has their skin turned green because of corruption I guess
>Warsong Clan drinks blood of Mannoroth again in WC3 which turns their skin red
>>
>>70745345
>no character development
Khadgar, Garona all grow as characters. Durotan sacrifices himself just to put a dent in Gul'dan's plan. Even the human king, who at first looked like a badly acted mess, redeemed himself by the end.
>>
>>70746362
>>rest of the orcs also has their skin turned green because of corruption I guess

It's a blood curse nigga. The orcs in the clan belong to their bloodline.
>>
>>70746213
>They did become red anon.

No, they just got red eyes. Their skin did not change.

>>70746296
>That picture you posted isn't Warcraft 3.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>70746349
Yeah, I don't get why the whole brown orcs bullshit was necessary
>>
>>70746371

Khadgar doesn't grow as a character lol.

You think because Medivh says

>I'm proud of you

that = character growth? lol

Also Garona's character growth and motivations made absolutely no sense at all.
>>
>>70745249
Really? You're a Warcraft fan?

Weird.
>>
>>70746296
>That picture you posted isn't Warcraft 3
The first pic I posted was from Rise of the Horde, which takes place before WC3
>>
>>70745007
Lol every single post in this thread, whether praising the movie or bashing it, has successfully turned me away from ever seeing it. What a bunch of nerd shit; this doesn't sound entertaining at all lol
>>
>>70746385
>No, they just got red eyes. Their skin did not change.

Go and play the fucking game retard.

>Are you retarded?

Are you? Do you think fanart drawn after the game came out is the same as the actual game itself?
>>
>>70745571
Khadgar was the one to kill Possessed Medivh, everything is correct. Medivh's mother only appeared in flashbacks and, like, one instance. Her deeds are pre-WC1.

Ogres didn't work with orcs until WC2.
>>
File: 1464076786096.jpg (17 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
1464076786096.jpg
17 KB, 255x352
>>70745007
>Cult classic
>Warcraft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>>
>>70745702
If Green Orcs drink EXTRA demon blood, they become red Fel Orcs.

Buuuut some fel orcs are not red, but just super-mutated. These are ones that are transformed by magic, rather than directly by demonic blood.
>>
>>70746191
>>70746385

Replay the game. Grom turns from green to red after drinking the blood for the second time.

He was our first introduction to fel orcs.
>>
>ridiculous concept about ORCS
>"the dialogue is not mature enough"
>"the plot is too serious and contrived"

make up your minds
>>
>>70746420
Khadgar does have some character growth in that he comes full circle

he goes from running away from being a mage to basically embracing being the new guardian

he also goes from being a shitty wizard to a passable one
>>
>>70746559
>the plot is too serious and contrived
Serious? No. Contrived? Yes
>>
>>70746420
>Khadgar doesn't grow as a character lol.
From an all-around abused underdog to the hero who deduces Medivh's plan and stands above his societal stature to get help from Kirin Tor and save the day.

>Also Garona's character growth and motivations made absolutely no sense at all.
Her motivation was to be accepted as an equal among orcs. The humans showed her kindness and acceptance instead. She was happy with her new life among them, but due to Llane's sacrifice, was robbed of that happiness. In a dark turn of destiny, she achieved what she wanted from the beginning - being recognized as an equal among other orcs, but it brought her no happiness, since it made her appear as a traitor and a villain to her new friends, such as Lothar.
>>
it's not a movie for fans. It`s a movie for drooling retards that eat up everything that is well marketed.
It was fucking abysmal.
>>
>>70746579
>it cant escape its cartoonish roots!!!1 it tries so hard!
>>
>>70746574
Khadgar shouldn't be the new Guardian. Medivh was the last Guardian
>>
>>70746510

>warcraft lore

It's so dense. Every single blade of grass has a million contradictory bullshit stories about how it got there.
>>
"epic", high production hollywod cgi movies never become cult classics.
>>
File: 300px-Durotan2.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-Durotan2.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
People who think that Orcs were always brown originally are fucking retarded. Here's a pic of Durotan form a cancelled game that was made before the retcon. He never drank the blood of Mannoroth, yet here he is, green skinned and all
>>
>>70746590
You've been shitposting similar shit over and over. Babby must be mad. Naww.
>>
>>70746574
>he goes from running away from being a mage

Is he? He says that once. Nothing ever shows that he is or why he did that or what being a fucking mage even means.

>he also goes from being a shitty wizard to a passable one

What makes him shitty at the start? He doesn't look shitty at all. His first scene there's blue shit coming out of his hands.
>>
>>70746648
Your movie a shit
>>
>>70746628

wow what does retcon mean hurr
>>
>>70746673
Babs upset, wahhh lmao
>>
>there are subhuman neckbeards who literally stalk /tv/ for any WC thread just so they can voice their insignificant opinions about how "shit" it was
LMAO
I bet you literal inbred retards enjoyed Memepool
>>
>>70746628
He's also green in non-WoD original timeline. Even goodguy orcs like Durotan became green in OT because of close exposure to warlock magic.
>>
>>70746704
It's so convoluted. They should have just stayed with Orcs always being green originally
>>
>>70746703
>there are people that talk about movies in /tv/!
Shocking
>>
the movie was all around good, had some cheesy shit doe

the king and queen were cringe worthy
>>
>>70746731
I agree. All of this shit just for an introduction of special snowflake "we so uncorrupted" buncha brownies in TBC.
>>
>>70746703
You can LITERALLY say exactly the same thing but replace "shit" with "good" and it is also accurate.
Two sides of the same retard coin.
Back to your Garrison farmville dailies, nerd.
>>
>>70746703
>there are subhuman neckbeards who literally stalk /tv/ for any WC thread just so they can jump in defense of a garbage flick that everyone will forget about in a few months
>>
>>70746703
Capeshit kids. They've no taste.
>>
>>70746762
WAHHH, babby.
>>
They should just had made it fully animated like they do with their trailers. The CGI looks too fucking stupid.
>>
File: 508137-movie-trailer.jpg (428 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
508137-movie-trailer.jpg
428 KB, 2560x1440
>>70746830
>tfw don't know if part of the movie or just someone standing up in the theatre to go to the bathroom
>>
>>70745007
>>fans loving it and wanting more
>>Chinks roving it and wanting more
ftfy
>>
Friendly reminder that literally every """fan""" of the Warcraft flick who has been defending it on /tv/ comes from/also posts at:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/315-General-Off-Topic

Some of the current issues they are """""""discussing""""""":
>Is murder justified when the victim is completely evil?
>Mass Shooting at Florida Gay Bar
>22 year old arrested in Qatar because of being raped
>Why does Donald Trump hate veterans?
>82% of Egyptian Woman Have Had Genitals Mutilated

These are genuinely just a handful of random threads I plucked from the top 10-20 most recent posts. There is also a huge thread with the same neckie WoW players defending Warcraft in their hugbox.

It is honestly some of the most amusing reading you will ever do, and goes a LONG way towards explaining why the Blizzdrones on /tv/ over the past couple of weeks have seemed so mentally ill.
>>
>>70745148
Yes. If you can follow shit like game of thrones you can follow Warcraft.
>>
>>70746589

I haven't seen the movie but this sounds like a very trite character arc
>>
>>70746761
Except these retards can't comprehend the idea that people like different things than them. You could have discussion about why they think the movie is bad. Instead you get NOOOO IT'S SHIT YOU FUCKING NERD FAGGOT in every single thread. And it's basically copy-paste so I'm pretty sure it's couple of retards spamming the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>70746863

why does he look like such a fucking dummy in every screencap
>>
>>70745635
The movie is consistent with the "noble savage" aspect that Warcraft 3 introduced.
At the very least, the movie kept a decent amount of the savage part and wasn't a complete "orcs dindu nuffin" narrative that Horde players in WoW believe.
Orc savagery still does tend to get buried under Durotan's story since he has to be the good boi orc.
>>
>>70746976
>You could have discussion about why they think the movie is bad
The bad points have been mentioned hundreds of times in literally every single Warcraft thread since it was ever seen.
You always just choose to ignore those posts and pretend they never happened, like the mentally ill drone that you are.
>>
>>70746914
>literally every """fan""" of the Warcraft flick
mmochamp is cancer among even Warcraft fans. Stop projecting.
>>
>>70746976
It's basically just one shitposter within the last 50 posts, he makes it too obvious. Pretty sad.
>>
File: latest.jpg (67 KB, 650x471) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
67 KB, 650x471
>>70745825
>They are in Warcraft 2 manual as a weak race who got rekt by orcs.
Yeah and they looked like this back then.
They hadn't invented the good guy Eredar yet to make into blue space goat waifus.
>>
>>70747079
The "never happened" because "bad acting and bad CGI" are subjective views that everyone has a different standard of.

I think the first act was bad, with poor editing and clumsy introductions of characters, but second and third acts saved the film and gave both the fan and the average movie goer what they wanted. Even bad actors, like king of humans, got better.
>>
>>70746975
Well, it's better than the 90% of what's currently in the cinema (capeshit characters with "Hmm, how can I trust u?" or "U killd mah friends" motive being the deepest of all)
>>
>>70747147
>but second and third acts saved the film and gave both the fan and the average movie goer what they wanted
Which was what, exactly? I'm actually very eager to see how you go about answering this, because if it's anything like the previous points of "It was fun", "It looked cool" or "It was enjoyable", then you are being FAR more subjective than the people pointing out the terrible acting, pacing, direction, story and (in places) CGI.

Honestly at this point I'm convinced people like you are mentally ill. I used to think the whole stigma around WoW players was a bit exaggerated and cruel, but these past couple of weeks have really shown that you lot are useless human beings.
>>
>>70747147
>gave both the fan and the average movie goer what they wanted
As a fan I wanted Doomhammer to kill Blackhand and take over the Horde. I never got that so fuck you. Blackhand randomly challenging Lothar made no fucking sense
>>
>>70746420
>Khadgar doesn't grow as a character lol.
He literally levels up after killing Medivh. They even play the gold flash and level up sound.
Also,
>lol
You need to be 18 to post on this website, kid.
>>
>>70746474
>Ogres didn't work with orcs until WC2.
Technically, Cho'Gall was working for Gul'dan at the time. But he and the rest of the ogres weren't introduced until Warcraft 2.
>>
Is the camrip good?
>>
>>70747477
no
>>
>>70745148
I got more enjoyment out of this than Civil War.
Manly because this is more brutal and real. With Civil War you knew everyone would be fine,
but with this, anything could happen.
>>
>>70747477
>>70747756
I thought it was fine.
>>
>>70745007
>>fans loving it
said no one ever

the only people that "loved it" were people that saw it opening night

even the fucking yogscast guys say it is bad and they are built on WOW
>>
>>70745148
If you aren't familiar with the game don't bother. It's a cringe fest that is only vaguely saved by the fact it's Warcraft and you can put names on things. But objectively it's a terrible movie.
>>
File: AmazingCGI.png (388 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
AmazingCGI.png
388 KB, 940x545
>>70745256
Just fucking awful
>>
So what is the major issues?
Critics are slamming it but it has a 7.7 on imdb and a 83% user score on RT.

Is it just people expecting a masterpiece from what was always going to be a fun high fantasy flick?
>>
>>70745210
John Carter
>>
>>70745321
Mars Attacks?
>>
>>70745007
wishful thinking: the thread.
>>
>>70748913
why would critics be expecting a masterpiece? it just wasn't a good movie. a lot of wow fans like it because seeing shit you know from games on the big screen is inherently entertaining. i sort of enjoyed for that reason myself, but I see that as an actual story it was muddled nonsense
>>
>>70749030
because they are people who have never experienced Warcraft before but know it's a huge franchise.

They'd be expecting something big
>>
How do I get Orc-swole?
>>
>>70748913
it's mostly the crowd of wowtards pushing it up desu.

It's a bad movie. The acting performance is terrible, dialogs are cringy and the story is awful. It's only redeeming qualities are orcs which are really well done and magical effects. The rest is shit.
>>
>>70746602
That's what 10 years of continuous retcons and people ignoring already established lore to push their unique and special stories to sell more expansions does to it.
>>
>>70749079
They know it's a fucking MMO, that's not a reason to expect a good film.
>>
>>70745007

>43% drop from thursday to friday
>60% drop from friday to saturday

shits over. It'll be lucky to break 400m
>>
>>70747147
Bad acting is not subjective, Lothar guy can't act for shit and the rest of the cast is awful except, surprisingly, Khadgar, that is average.
The CGI isn't bad except in some scenes.
The pacing is bad.
The battle choreography was awful except one moment (when they do that shield thing to kill the wolf).
Every single dramatic moment fell flat thanks to the poor acting + poor script.
The OST was forgettable at best.
What are the good points on this movie? The battles are BAD, not average, BAD, the characters can't convey drama at all, the only reasons why you'd like this movie is if you want to see epic orcs vs humans on the big screen and don't care about actual cinema.
>>
>>70749177
Warcraft isn't an MMO.
Stop this.
reeeeee
>>
>>70749437
>Bad acting is not subjective, Lothar guy can't act for shit
He was great
>>
>that contrived scene around the fireplace when everyone starts telling their sad backstories
Fucking cringeworthy. Felt like a parody
>>
>>70748635
Objectively you're a retard.
>>
>>70749463
the vast majority of the movie's target demographic do not know there were other games.

The story the movie uses is built around all the retcons performed to justify turning warcraft into a MMO.
>>
That movie is the kind of movie to watch in a room with drunken friends and try to not be the the first one to crack up and explode in laugher at the cheesy dialog.
>>
>>70749437
>Bad acting is not subjective,
but it fucking is, and your post proves it
half the critics say that khadgar was worst and the lothar was best in terms of performance
>>
>>70749470
There's not a single scene in which he's not using his stock three expressions.
He can't convey drama, not even when his son dies, he can't convey humor either, and to top it off, every single scene he has this hunch-back awful posture that makes him look like a fucking ape.
>>
>>70749730
and all the critics are saying the performances were terrible.

and it makes sense, because the movie was made for china, not the US. Because you can't hear bad acting from another language.
>>
>>70749730
Post those 50 reviews that say that then.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.