[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn: Washington spies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
Are there any other good new spy series like this?
I am really enjoying this because of the whole spy thing during war etc.
>>
>>70744049
The Blacklist is sort of a spy series, but nothing else comes to mind.
>>
File: sandbaggers.jpg (243 KB, 1484x1096) Image search: [Google]
sandbaggers.jpg
243 KB, 1484x1096
>>70744049
>Current
The Americans, russian sleeper agent couple in 80's america
The Man In The High Castle, alt-history where Axis won WW2

>Past
Nikita (2010), a recent spy-fi series from the CW(it's better than you'd think)
Sleeper Cell, underrated and cancelled too soon, muslim terrorist cell in america
The Sandbaggers, excellent cold war series(also inspired the fantastic Queen & Country comics)
>>
The Americans is probably the best spy show on the air right now. Hell, maybe ever.

How is Turn, anyway? I've only watched the first couple episodes, and liked the setting and costumes, but it felt a bit campy. Is it worth watching?
>>
>>70744818
It's nice. The third season got a bit too melodramatic, but it's all right otherwise. Abe is probably the worst spy ever. I think it's best marathoned.
>>
>>70744635
>Sandbaggers
>Queen & Country

muh nigga
>>
>>70744049
Would you recommend this?
I'm a big fan of the period/setting. Wanting to know if its worth getting into.
Oh I've also come across songs they use in the show from time to time.

Worth it to jump in?
>>
File: nbXTLoOmNSkx.jpg (121 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
nbXTLoOmNSkx.jpg
121 KB, 980x551
>>70745266
I marathoned the first season and stalled out in the second. It was still pretty good I just lost interest in favor of other things. Its true to the setting and If you are into period stuff there are worse things to watch. its a 7/10 in my estimation. I fell in love with pic related
>>
haha i get it turn cos they called them turncoats and the n is turned around ahaha thats rly clever
>>
>>70745266
That depends, do you like DRAMAAAAAAA!, love triangles, cuckoldry, cheating and even more DRAMAAAAAAA!!!!?
>>
>>70746326
the question is are all those garbage CW plotlines actually tied in with the main plot so I can comfortably skip right through the tween drivel. I had to drop Turn once it started with the generic love triangle drama garbage.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.