[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mission Impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (482 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
482 KB, 1000x1500
What does /tv/ think of the Mission Impossible films?

I love all of them besides 2.

CAN'T BRUISE THE CRUISE
>>
>he doesn't like Mission Impossible 2

They're all good, even Abrams' one. The first one and the fifth one are a cut above the others for sure, though.
>>
>>70743789
I liked 2 well enough but I just love the others a lot more.

3 might even be my favorite because of Philip Seymour Hoffman.
>>
>>70743748
I agree the 2nd one scores the lowest in the franchise. However, it can be called as successful attempt, considering how this franchise was thought out to be. If I can recall correctly, the producer, Tom Cruise wanted each piece to have distinctively different taste. So when you just numerically look at the line up, you might be able to see major difference among 1,2,& 3 but not so much 4,5.
>>
>>70743864
>3 might even be my favorite because of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

this desu senpai
>>
>>70743748

I saw 3 before any other film and remember being on the edge of my seat the entire time because it was the first film that i had seen in which the action was so fast paced and methodical.

watched 1 on tv and loved it. not too fond of 2 since it got a bit campy by attempting to be too stylish.

4 was really good too.

I'm genuinely quite fond of the mission impossible franchise and keep hoping that the studios don't fuck it up in their attempts to milk it as much as they want.
>>
>>70743748
seriously what the fuck happened with 2?
>>
1>5>4>3>2
>>
>>70746184
It's great. Cruise wanted each movie to be in a different tone.
>>
1>>>>>2>3>>4>>>5 (wtf is wrong with Cruise's face in 5?)
>>
4>1=5>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
>>
>>70746299
Mission inJUSTable
>>
I only like the first one.
>>
4>5>1>3>2
>>
1 is great. Good mix of action/suspense/mystery/spy thiller.

The other ones are too much action oriented. 2 being the more over-the-top one when it comes to action.
>>
File: nat.jpg (43 KB, 805x669) Image search: [Google]
nat.jpg
43 KB, 805x669
>>70743748
I'll be honest, I can't even think of Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation as two separate movies.

They basically mesh together for me.

If you showed me a scene from one of them, I seriously don't think I could remember which it was from.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.