[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did they manage to ruin the story so much? And what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: t.jpg (186 KB, 857x1280) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
186 KB, 857x1280
How the fuck did they manage to ruin the story so much? And what was even the purpose of making this movie when the Swedish film had been made a few years before and actually followed the book? Fucking Americans ruin everything I swear
>>
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
I thought the movie was pretty great and true kino but you bookfags will never be satisfied anyway
>>
>>70741937
They completely changed the ending, literally the most anti-climactic way they could have gone about it.
>>
The movies story was way too simple, it feels like a movie you've seen a hundred times.

But rooney was great in it, and hacking is always welcome.

Not great desu, wont ever rewatch
>>
>>70741847

What are you talking about? Every change Fincher made was for the better.

>Salander is an actual character instead of a autistic Terminator

>Gutting the Blomkvist scandal storyline

>The Harriet twist being changed into something half-way decent instead of her hanging out in Australia

Also it doesn't look like a TV movie like the Swedish one did.
>>
>>70741984
this. Fincher's version was better in every way.
>>
It's better than the Swede film.
>>
>>70741984
>The Harriet twist being changed into something half-way decent instead of her hanging out in Australia

KILL YOURSELF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. When it happened I literally didn't even realize they had just revealed a major twist. He just fucking walks up to her in her office and says "Harriet". No build up, nothing.
>>
>>70741984
>>70742011
also it has a score by Reznor and Ross so that lifts it above the original film as well.
>>
>>70742042

The book is no fucking better and you know it. She's just some rich rancher living in the middle of fucking nowhere? It doesn't connect to any other aspect of the storyline, she may as well have been kidnapped by aliens.

Fincher keeping the story contained was a smart choice.
>>
>>70741847
I lost all respect for Fincher after this shitflick; where previously i had revered him as one of the better directors of his caliber.

As soon as the James Bond esque bullshit CG intro started playing i was recoiling in my seat. The rape scene was almost silly in this version, i felt it had the emotional dimension of a saturday morning cartoon; just an evil slimy bastard cranked up 100%, stripped of any complexity and because of this and just the direction of the scene in general (i think there was dramatic music or some gay shit) it lacked the gravitas/didn't make you empathize with lizbeth as grotesquely as the swedish vers.

Te worst offenses in fincher's version imo are:

•lizbeth actually falling in love with/giving a fuck about Blomkampf, which characterized her as being much like an immature, naive little girl which fiercely opposed the point of her detached personailty.

•the complete lack of understanding of her motivation for having sex with blomkampf, and making that scene sexy and romantic as opposed to akward yet peaceful/cathartic (her reclaiming her sexuality).

•the murderer, after crashing at the side of the road EXPLODING as lizbeth walked towards him, instead of her finding him, him begging for his life pinned under burning wreckage and her leaving him burn to burn to death
>>
>>70742232
I almost forgot about the CG intro. What the fuck was he thinking? It serves absolutely no purpose
>>
>>70742288
I haven't seen gone girl yet (although i might still, i hear its good) but i'll bet that movie has one too. Fincher always does them. He has the same guy who does the mission impossible and spiderman(raimi) trilogy intros make them. I don't really consider GWDT as being in the same ballpark as those movies.
>>
>>70742336
GONE GIRL has no intro. the shitty part of that movie is actually the entire last 40 minutes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.