[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Today's kino discussion: FULL METAL JACKET An on going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1291x965) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1291x965
>Today's kino discussion: FULL METAL JACKET
An on going series where we discuss classic movies
>>
Vietnam fucking shits
>>
Vietnam fucking shits
>>
Saw it last weekend for the first time, loved it.

It's basically banter, the movie ... but it's good banter, Kubrick had some fun with war. Other directors try to prove some metaphysical point about war and man - Kubrick just had a good time.
>>
>>70738970

shouldve just been a short documenting the three weeks or whatever in boot camp
>>
>>70739929
>I'm 15 years old: the post
>>
>>70739929
>Other directors try to prove some metaphysical point about war and man - Kubrick just had a good time.
Jesus Christ mate.
>>
Good movie. Fairly true to the book.
>>
>>70738970
We just had this thread. Nice film though.

>>70739929
kys

>>70739986
That would have been good too but honestly I think it's better with the two entirely dissimilar parts put together, it makes it more surreal (which is how I assume going through it would be).
>>
>>70739929
I guess you're kinda right but you've not really dissected it more than that.
>>
>>70738970
>During the scene where the men of first platoon are being filmed, the lieutenant says that he will play General Custard. In US history, Custard led his men into a trap where they were outnumbered and all were killed. This is foreshadowing for what the men soon walk into.
P O E T R Y
P
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>70738970
What I liked about it was it didn't really seek to glorify nor denounce war, it was more of a "day in the life" if you will. Although the subject was big (Vietnam War), the scale was small, it followed one man's experience through his words/eyes, never did it expand into anything beyond the grasp and scope of the characters perspective i.e. if he doesn't see it, we don't see it. I also appreciated the fact there wasn't some big grandiose payoff at the end, no "HERO SAVES THE DAY" type thing, just some guys who go through some shit, some of them die, others don't. In fact, Joker's biggest reward for all of his struggle is simply not dying (something which he is grateful for). I could go on and on, but anyway, great movie!
>>
>>70740829
The whole suicide scene is very surreal, like a nightmare
>>
>>70741904
>glorify nor denounce war
Is this not considered an anti war movie?
>>
>>70742424
You could argue that it doesn't denounce war in general, but the Vietnam War is clearly portrayed as a mistake.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.