[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watching this. Pretty good desu. Except
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hateful eight quad poster.jpg (528 KB, 1600x1012) Image search: [Google]
hateful eight quad poster.jpg
528 KB, 1600x1012
Finally got around to watching this. Pretty good desu. Except what the fuck happened to Mannix in the second half? What was with the sudden face turn?
>>
>>70738807
His hatred of niggers was sorta nullified by the fact that his life had just gotten saved by one. He didn't really have much other choice.

Plus he hated Joe Gage more. Ugly Cowpuncher bastard.
>>
>>70739101
>his life was saved by one
By SLJ? When? The Hangman warned him about the coffee, and even though slj took him off the wall, he was the one who put him up against the wall in the first place.
And really it started earlier than all that, I can't believe he didn't shoot warren after warren shot the general, unless he was just pretending to give a shit about southern pride, which would be out of character since he was being truthful about his sherrif's position.
>>
I guess I completely missed out on the h8ful 8 discussions then. Serves me right for not watching the screener.
>>
>>70738807
Whole theme of the movie is how we fall back on tribal alliances in times of peril. Mannix is revealed to truly be the sherriff of red rock when he defies his racial alliance with the whites for the moral bond with the major. This comes as a suprise to daisy, who thought mannix sacked negro towns because he was white and they were black. But the reality is that mannix was an righteous man on the wrong side of history, who was simply honoring his father and his heritage.

But tarantino also suggests that the bond of gender may be stronger than the bond of ethnicity. Mannix is not black but he is male, and that may put warren closer to him than daisy could ever get.
>>
>>70739368
Maybe. Or maybe Tarantino is a cuck hack who couldn't write his way out a wet paper bag.
>>
File: 1463453334339.jpg (93 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1463453334339.jpg
93 KB, 960x949
>>70738807
Walton Goggins made this fucking movie. The lack of work he's gotten over the years is incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>70739256
Maybe not saved, but how about the fact that SLJ trusted him and gave him a gun after the lineup.
>>
>>70738807
>names not above correct actors
triggered
>>
>>70739939
>Walton Goggins made this fucking movie. The lack of work he's gotten over the years is incredibly disappointing.

He's not even good at playing the hick role he's typecasted as. It's not genuine, it's like a farce exaggeration of every attribute, only he does it in non-comedy parts.
>>
>>70739939
Sammy L cackling and whooping and acting the fool on Minnie's bed for the last 20 minutes made the movie, you bushwhacking sack shooter.
>>
>>70738807
He was racist, but he wasn't blinded by racism. He was actually a far more realistic racist than most movies have
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.