[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1-moulin-rouge-poster.jpg (161 KB, 1000x1354) Image search: [Google]
1-moulin-rouge-poster.jpg
161 KB, 1000x1354
What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>70735181
Good movie to watch with potential bae
>>
Degenerate
>>
Oscar bait
>>
>>70735181
I'm fascinated by the recursive and meta nature of the story and it's beautiful to look at. There are elements of it that are so bizarre that it feels like a live-action Animaniacs cartoon.
>>
>>70735181
horseshit.
the characters were all insufferable assholes. I guess the point was that all of them were one characteristic blown up so large that it was supposed to look like an actual character.
music was occasionally well put together, but that could not come close to making up for the rest of it.

that being said, >>70735201 is still right.
>>
>>70735181
https://youtu.be/-IaRJnedtww?t=33s
>>
it was spectacular, spectacular
>>
>>70736585
It's barely recursive and meta != profound you insufferable twat.
>>
>>70739774
The actual Moulin Rouge was renowned for "borrowing" popular songs and plots from other works, mixing them together, and creating their own shows.

The movie "Moulin Rouge" borrowed popular songs and had a plot that revolved around a writer composing a "libretto" that was just a fantasized version of the love story that we the audience are watching, and was set in the Moulin Rouge, which means we were watching a story filled with borrowed songs and a retold plot about a place famous for borrowing songs and plots.
>>
>>70741014
Ehhh that is kind of interesting.
>>
File: mig.png (529 KB, 659x602) Image search: [Google]
mig.png
529 KB, 659x602
>be 9 years old
>really love the "spectacular" song
>mum puts it on a CD for me
>try to bring it into school to get it played
>think I'll be considered really cool
>woman teacher in my class
>she asks what is it
>she doesn't know
>I tell her what film it's from
>A huge creepy smile spreads across her face
>she says no
>I insist
>she tells me it's better I don't

In hindsight that was a based teacher.
>>
THERE WAS A BOY
>>
Baz Luhman is a hack and every one of his movies follow the same formula

>le so zany and crazy at the beginning
>become le so deep and profound at the end
>>
>>70735181
>Choosing the romantic idiot over the Duke
Satin was a retarded cunt
>>
>>70735181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQa7SvVCdZk
>>
File: Kylie Minogue - Moulin Rouge.webm (3 MB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
Kylie Minogue - Moulin Rouge.webm
3 MB, 640x272
>>70735181
Only watched it for Kidman legs and the Kylie cameo tbqhwyf
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.