[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what a great villain. great movie. except for sansa and JLaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
what a great villain.

great movie. except for sansa and JLaw

magneto is great; and so quickmeme is great. you're all gonna be great
>>
>>70733892
Nuke destruction scene was his high point as a character IMO. The following Quicksilver scene was alright even though it was a tonal curveball. Minum Jennifer lawrence is always good. Fassbender always delivers. The phoenix scene was lazy writing.

I just really wish they spent more time on character development.
>>
>>70733892

>Great villan

What was his motivation? What was the point of destroying the world? Why Magneto was so much of a dick?

memecore at best
>>
It was just ok. The mutants all collaborating without much of a plan in order to take down apocalypse was what I have always wanted the avenger movies to do for their end game scenes, so my hat tips to them for being creative with that.

And then there was the end credits thing for mr sinister and potentially x-23
>>
>>70733892
So the Nights King is getting new armour?
>>
>>70733982

Instead of pulling something worthy from the comics, they decided to make apocalypse the angry grandpa that's disappointed with the 'next generation of jobless asshole teenagers' and decides to do something about it with a giant walking stick version of his own powers.
>>
>>70733982

his motivation was pretty obvious i thought. he was like an amped up magneto - he wanted to the mutants to rule over he weak humans. and he himself wante to gain more power - if he took the xaviers power then he would be like god - omnipresent and omnipotent

problem was sometimes in the movie he looked like a manlet with a funny costume
>>
>>70733892
One of my favorite movies of 2016. I enjoyed it so much more than Civil War and BvS

No idea where the hate comes from
>>
>>70734081

I saw civil war three times the first week. and admittedly I wanted to see xmen that many times as well.

I enjoyed the movie a great deal, there was just something about the movie that didn't draw me to spend another 10 dollars to go see it. I can't explain it, i don't know what it is but there definitely was something that didn't make it great.
>>
File: maxresdefault-8.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-8.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>a man with strange powers destroys all nukes on earth
>>
>>70733892
The only thing I didn't understand is why mystique went to Berlin in the first place.
>>
>>70733982
>What was his motivation?
He was replaced by nowadays religions and called just an idol as all the pagan believers were gone which angered him.

Why Magneto was so much of a dick?
Are you just being a fucking dickhead? His wife and child was fucking killed!

>HURR DURR I CAN'T RELATE TO THESE CHARACTERS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE HUMAN EMOTION SO THIS MOVIE IS MEMECORE
>>
>>70734115
Ironically same goes for Civil War for me: something that was missing from there.
>>
>>70734081
>Civil War

ya i didnt even bother with civil war since the last captain amerimem was so horrendous
>>
>>70734159

And believe it or not, that mirrored emotion to that movie doesn't surprise me.

In fact, I almost want someone to go see xmen first, and THEN captain america to see if the opinion is reflected in the opposite.

Shit, if i could go back in time and do that experiment for myself I would. It's become that serious of a 'idk how to critique this movie' problem that I'm still wrestling with it.
>>
>>70734193

you're not referring to the winter soldier, are you?

if so, elaborate. I've yet to hear anyone that's seen the movie hate on it.
>>
>>70734201
But yeah I get you about not knowing what is missing about Apoalypse.

I think it's due to the new cast of actors we weren't familiar with, seeing them in the roles. We did not get enough time with them whereas with Civil War we know all the Avenger team very well.

But all the actors in Apocalypse I thought did an amazing job. Sophie was good.

It did feel like the end battle should have been longer or make it more action packed idk.
>>
>>70733892
Why does everybody look the same age even though 20 years have past since FIRST CLASS ? I thought Apocalypse could have used the strange voice effect completely.
>>
>>70734242
I'm a different anon, but yeah Winter Solider was shit. Lame, zero-stakes choreography, jumpy cinematography, dull story with a poor build and wooden characters nobody gives a shit about except tumblr. First Cap is the best.
>>
>>70733892
Movie was disappointing imo. Not anywhere near as gay as the other ones.
>>
>>70734332

Maybe that's it. But for me I went in expecting to have to get a couple minutes to learn their back stories since there were a handful of new characters on the scene.

That being said, they still butchered a couple, but i didn't let it affect my appreciation for the film.

The shit at the end could have gone on longer but it was really the combined effort of killing apocalypse that was beautiful compared to iron man, vision, and thor all just throwing energy power bombs at ultron in the second avengers movie and calling it a day.

it was 2:30 hours long, it didn't disappoint by any means, some of the action skits could have been more creative and/or felt misplaced (quicksilver at the right place at the right time, and showing us his speed thing, but that's a minor complain as i have very little to complain about in for that movie), and yet, there's just something about it that couldn't make me give it a higher number or rant about it.
>>
>>70734512
It felt like the movie should have been 3 hours long. More time with each of the new characters.

Still: movie was fucking violent af.

They definitely took risks in this one, as BvS did too.

Civil War though had no risks. No characters died. It just felt like a wasted opportunity.

>So Cap America and Iron Man fight
so what? There was no highstakes at end because no one was killed or violently harmed.
>>
>>70734242

the one where they have like a flying city or something. movie was just a bunch of non-sequitur actions. lots of things happening doesn't make it not boring and stupid

its ridiculousness was even stated by the arrow guy at some point during the movie.

i just feel like they do character development and real emotion better in the xmen films generally

captain america was just so bad i dont need to see civil meme
>>
>>70734578

god dammit i had a reply to this then accidentally backed off the page and it got deteled.

summarizing what i was going to say, if the biggest detail about civil war that kept it from receiving a nearly unanimous 'this shit was awesome' was that no one died, i'll take that.

>>70734581

oh you're talking about age of ultron. yeah....we don't like to bring that one up. idk wtf they were thinking desu.
>>
>>70734350
It probably started with FC as a solo film, then Brian Singer wanted to do The Dark Phoenix Saga but had to wait for Jean Grey to be born, so he put DoFP as a filler and to fix continuity errors from the last stand.
I won't be surprised if the next movie will be The Dark Phoenix.
>>
>>70734755
>oh you're talking about age of ultron. yeah....we don't like to bring that one up. idk wtf they were thinking desu.

ya i liked the first captain america, the first thor, the 1st and 3rd flying suit man, and i think winter soldier.

they have some good movies in that series but when they go bad , they are really bad
>>
>>70734882

>the 1st and 3rd flying suit man

I really need to stop doing three things at one time when I'm on here.

i lost
>>
>>70733892
I'm sorry but this movie was complete shit. Katniss ruined most of the scenes for me with the only saving grace being Wolverine
>>
>>70735327
she was shit, but she didnt ruin the movie
>>
>>70734410
>zero-stakes choreography
Is that supposed to mean something?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.