[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Les Rallizes Denudes of Cinema?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: les rallizes.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
les rallizes.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYVEQeJ4WQ
>>
>>70733245
Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor?

Quentin Tarantino.
>>
>>70733403
\thread
>>
File: CGLy9gPW0AApZLm.jpg (88 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
CGLy9gPW0AApZLm.jpg
88 KB, 600x375
I'll give you a real answer.

Kiju Yoshida is probably closest with his ties to Japanese far left and pentient for sprawling works.

Oshima also isn't a bad choice but it could be argued that he is too palatable to general audiences to be the analogue of LRD.
>>
>>70733702
Thanks, I'll look into him. Where should I start if I'm a novice to art movies?
>>
>>70733702
>pentient

It's penchant*, emperor, sir.
>>
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
>>
But anon, that's Keiji Haino.
>>
I would be interested in answers to this as well.

The films of Sogo Ishii have a fringe, noisy, psychedelic feel. Definitely check out Burst CIty and Crazy Thunder Road.

Eli Eli Rama Sabachtani is a film about two Japanese noise musicians living in the deserted countryside. Not exactly LRD, but I like to imagine the life of the two protagonists is like Mizutani's life.
>>
>>70733854

Also second this, this is probably the closest you'll get desu.
>>
>>70733816
For Yoshida look at Heroic Purgatory if you want something that isn't 3.5 hours long. If you can stomach it though, Eros + Massacre is the more respected work. It's considered by some to be the best movie ever made (which I'm not sure I see).

For Oshima just start at The Cruel Story of Youth. There should be some good rips of the Masters of Cinema Blu Ray out there. It's pretty accessible too.

>>70733826
Okay, I'll admit that penchant isn't a word I use often so I spelled it phonetically the way I expect it to be spelled in English. The weirder thing here is that my browser doesn't show it as misspelled for some reason.
>>
>>70734116

Ichiyanagi did the music for Eros + Massacre, and his albums have a definite LRD feel (distortion-soaked free wheeling screeching Japanese 60's psychedelia), so this could be a great rec for this topic. Either way, it looks like a very interesting movie. Thanks for bringing it up.
>>
>>70733854
>>70733971
came here to say this
>>
>>70733702
>pretentious tripfag tries to sound smart
>misspells penchant
>>
this show probably
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYteF-C4S_o
>>
>>70733245
funeral parade of roses, shinjouko mad or other wakamatsu films
>>70733403
fuck off back to facebook with your garbage taste
tarantino is trash, it's not intelligent and has no sense of humor
>>70733854
Les Rallizes Denudes isn't industrial/noise
>>
Mainliner's better anyway.
>>
>>70736469
t. pretentious pseudo-intellectual

You don't see the noise in LRD, do you? Are you retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>70736469
neck yourself you walking dunning-kruger

You're fucking embarrassing
>>
>>70737214
>>70738219
looks like you guys are a bit self-conscious about your trash taste in everything
no reason to lash out, it's actually one of the easier things to fix in this life, you just gotta take that tree trunk out of your ass and start paying attention

not all noise is the same, LDR is definitely not the tetsuo of music, you have a very limited understanding of both mediums if you think so
>>
>>70738462
But you were completely off the mark

as an example of someone that knows what they're actually talking about see

>>70733702

read and watch more, you dumb avant-teen
>>
>>70738767
>But you were completely off the mark
explain why
>>
File: les rallizes denudes.png (33 KB, 574x371) Image search: [Google]
les rallizes denudes.png
33 KB, 574x371
How much stuff am I missing?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.