[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crime/Mystery Documentaries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: making.jpg (53 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
making.jpg
53 KB, 800x400
Any recommendations like pic related? Can be crime, conspiracy or mystery, movie, tv show, or specific episode of a crime show.

I've seen The Jinx, Thin Blue Line, Dear Zachary, Catching the Friedmans etc
>>
Into the Abyss is the funniest Herzog, because it shows that Herzog's own views are not correct, and in doing so makes you wonder whether his stated views are actually the views he holds.
>>
>>70730521
Watch the mephis three trilogy.

Also, Staircase is great.

And as always, dont read anything about the cases before watching the documentaries.
>>
>>70730677

The paradise lost movies? Are they good? The imagery they use, and the title has always been a turn off.
>>
>>70730803
They're terrible and don't tell the truth. Those fucking pieces of shit did it.
>>
>he dindu nuffin: the series
>>
File: the-imposter-pic-review.jpg (42 KB, 620x380) Image search: [Google]
the-imposter-pic-review.jpg
42 KB, 620x380
>>
Its in the same line as making a murderer but unbiased
>>
The Confessions is pretty mind blowing.
>>
>>70730521

The Taking of Deborah Logan really bothered me. Child Protective Services basically said the mom was shady and made shady choices, but there were no real legal complaints, like molestation or drug use. Basically they claimed to be protecting her against what could happen. I was a foster kid in CA and the system here and now pushes so hard for kids to work it out and go home with parenting classes, therapy etc. To see a system taking kids away from their homes based on personal judgements is sickening.
>>
File: 4153849_G.jpg (62 KB, 648x360) Image search: [Google]
4153849_G.jpg
62 KB, 648x360
Has anyone else here seen Resurrect Dead: Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles? If you want a good REAL conspiracy, something that first seems so bizarre and genuinely creepy that it makes you paranoid, watch this documentary. The director putting himself into it too much is one flaw, but the mystery and the whole story is so crazy and yet so many people have no idea about it.

Pic related, a Toynbee tile that is Tulsa, my city. One of hundreds of Toynbee tiles all made by one man, which span from Pittsburgh to Rio De Janeiro. All left directly into the asphalt in the middle of the street. It's nuts and you will not regret watching this if you love a good mystery. I hate to shill it so hard but I never see hardly anyone talk about it.
>>
>>70731048

What info do you have about the movie being dishonest? I just watched all three films and became very interested in the West Memphis Three.

I was very shocked at the third movie outright showing the recovery of the three little boys's corpses. It seemed very exploitative to show the bodies so up close.
>>
>>70732687

Its probably because the mystery isn't super compelling. Most people think it is one artist, and then a few copycats.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.