[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the latest news about the Wheel of Time tv show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Manchess.jpg (164 KB, 1685x576) Image search: [Google]
Manchess.jpg
164 KB, 1685x576
What's the latest news about the Wheel of Time tv show?
>>
As much as I want to see it I dont think it would become popular, and I also don't think they would right.
I hate to say it but the medium it would fit best in is anime.
>main characters young kids naive to the world
>magic powers just so happen to be strongest in main character's friends
>woman of legend litterally taken out of a dream and becomes a warder
>all bad guys are completely inept and plans are constantly failing or have bo point
>drawn out as fuck
I would love to see Mat pull some mother fucka shit with his dice though.
>>
>>70730338
>anime
That's a really good idea. It would work best in that format and would have a greater chance of being good quality than a live-action show would.

I wonder if the rightsholders have given this any serious consideration?
>>
>>70730338
>As much as I want to see it I dont think it would become popular,

I bet you said the same thing about GOT and WarCraft.
>>
>>70731050
No, but i say this BECAUSE of got. Its not even close to the same as got, and people would be expecting that. It would obviously been seen by anyone that read the books, but most people that haven't would be expecting muh starks muh winter coming
>>
>>70731146
>Its not even close to the same as got

>implying Bran isn't God
>implying when he becomes aware that he is God the world won't be completely ravaged by White Walkers and he won't start it over as Bran the builder
>implying time in ASOIAF isn't totally cyclical and this hasn't happened many times
>implying Archmaester Rigney wasn't correct
>>
File: F.jpg (183 KB, 632x712) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
183 KB, 632x712
>>
>>70731588
Lol that is the loosest interpretation. Bran wasn't even in an entire season, you can hardly say the story is revolving around that plotline.
And no i havent watched any of it this season, but to say a plotline that basically starts in season 6 is like the story they tell through prophecy at the very start of WOT is just retarded.
On top of that, besides the loosest enterpretation of the story, the tone and way the world is built aren't even close to being the same.
>>
>>70730197
it literally just got official word that it can be done, now writers have to be recruited, then production staff, then the actors

this shit will take atleast 3 years to do before it hits the air

which I think is the wise move, GoT will be done by then and this can fill its void
>>
>>70732191
Game of thrones took 5 years to get to air

Protip: this series is never happening
>>
Any inside information on the tv show?
>>
How would they show channeling in live action? Cutting threads and such.
>>
>Artur Paendrag
>Egwene al'Vere
>Galad
>Gawyn
>Mordeth
>Morgase
>Tigraine
>Nynaeve
>Tar Valon
>Thom Merrilin
>Caemlyn

What was with this guy just blatantly ripping off everything he ever saw or heard about?
>>
they're working around the clock on it

HAHHAAHAH
>>
>>70734172
Seems like it.
His writing and descriptions of shit are off and on terrible as well.
5/10 fantasy series.
GoT 7.5/10
>>
It's at least 3 years away if it happens and I doubt it will.
>>
>>70730197
The latest news is that I want to spank Rand
>>
>>70734361
lol
>>
>>70734361
lol
>>
>>70734361
lol'd
>>
>>70734361
lol
>>
>>70734361
LOL
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.