[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better character than pic related in The Wire Protip:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: spiros-vondas-vondopoulos-300.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
spiros-vondas-vondopoulos-300.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
Name a better character than pic related in The Wire

Protip: you can't
>>
>>70727735
literally who
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtebHhvsMMs

>[greek music intensifies]
>>
Upon finishing the show I was surprised that the consensus on /tv/ was that season 2 was the best season.

I watched them all free of spoilers and free of /tv/ commentary, and really thought season 2 was clearly the weakest, so now I don't even know what's real.
>>
>>70727969
what world do you live in where season 2 has ever been said to be the best. season 4 is and
>>
>>70727969
s2 gives a sense of scale and scope that was entirely unexpected, it brings the issues to a much deeper and more complicated level

also it was peak mcnutty and bunk
>>
>>70728003
this dude dies cos he spent his last devil points shitposting about the wire

make this be a lesson

the shield was better than this shit. fuck, first 3 seasons of SOA was better than all this shit.
>>
>>70728003
I finished it a couple weeks back and made a thread, the consensus that night seemed to be season 2 was best, which was baffling to me. It was bad and inferior to season 1 in the same way that True Detective Season 2 was bad and inferior to season 1.

I ranked them 1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2, but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>70727921
The Greek!
>>
Stringer
>>
>>70728058
Vic Mackey was a discount manlet McNulty
>>
>>70728023
>sense of scale
I didn't get that at all, it just seemed like they wanted to have a new criminal organization but still had to shoehorn last season's bad guys into it. In season 3 they put the focus back on the Cops vs. Barksdale gang and that made it a more focussed story, although with a less clearly-defined goal than in season 1.
>>
>>70728114
sorry but nah

ur wrong. say that to his face
>>
>>70728023
and and also:
>peak mcnutty and bunk
They were never better than "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck"
>>
File: 1464044962178.jpg (91 KB, 489x960) Image search: [Google]
1464044962178.jpg
91 KB, 489x960
>>70728168
I don't wanna crouch down that far
>>
>>70727735
Frank Sobotka
>>
>>70728212
I love The Shield, but I kek'd
>>
>>70728228
I like it too but I feel like it dragged on too long by the final season

The ending was pure pottery though, Mackey got what the fuck he deserved
>>
>>70728259
i stopped after season 4. or whenever that woman came in instead of aceveda or whatever his name was

was so long ago. got boring when they split up. i enjoyed it when they were all a team fucking shit up and plotting shit
>>
>>70728352
It turns psychological once they get to the Armenian Money Train plot, I don't know if that's already started to begin by season 4 or not

basically Mackey just fucks everyone's shit up and he goes head to head with Shane who tries to out-Mackey Mackey
>>
>>70728156
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>70728404
i stopped when mackey and shane weren't friends and shane had that weird mexican guy as a buddy cop

i think the shield would have been 10/10 with everyone if they kept shane and mackey consistently friends and do a cool ass buddy cop show forever
>>
>>70728480
>Hill Street Blues
>but in LA
>and a lot more explicit

I'd watch it
>>
>>70728519
i actually think they realised they had a hit with mackey and shane but then took too long to get it back on track. everybody just forgot about the shield then apart from hardcore fans

they'd be the next lethal weapon. they'd have films definitely
>>
>>70728100
except he wasn't the Greek, Reddit.
>>
Bunk
Cutty
Slim Charles
Chris Partlow
McNulty
Frank Sobotka
Avon

All better than Spiros
>>
>>70728656
Slim Charles was the dark horse best character
>>
Daniels.
>>
>>70728686
mah nigga
>>
>>70728860
This.

>that scene where Cutty is staring in awe of him fucking some girl
>>
>it's a nick's girlfriends tits episode
>>
I do the "but......" thing because of him.
>>
>>70728994
Delete this
>>
>>70728686
>>70728905

One of my favorite bits in the show is always the bit where Charles domes Cheese in front of everyone for Joe.

Slim had heart like most of the other characters lacked.
>>
>>70728994

>look her up
>find her website
>includes link to her film reel
>80% of comments mention those fantastic tiddies
>>
>>70728905
>>70729546
>Slim Charles as crew boss
>Bodie (RIP in peace; if he didn't die) as "right-hand"/lieutenant

Would watch
>>
In the transcript of the story session with Simon and Burns, Simon says: "Kenard takes his shotgun off. The shotgun is the very last thing — and then Kenard puts it on and says, 'Now I am Omar."
>>
>>70728070
How is the Sobotka season the worst one
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.