[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie adaptation when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: curesd-child[1].jpg (414 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
curesd-child[1].jpg
414 KB, 2048x1536
Movie adaptation when
>>
Never
>>
probably 2025 or whenever eddie redmaynes trilogy is done
>>
In 15 years when the original cast are legitimately old enough to reprise their roles.
It'll be a trilogy.
>>
Who's gonna be cast to play Wretched Harmony
>>
>>70721600
Emma Watson is still alive you know.
>>
>>70721615
yes but she's not a nigger and JK says Hermione is a nigger now so she can't do the role
>>
>>70720826
If the spoilers about it are true, hopefully never

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html
>>
File: 1465251717643.jpg (1 MB, 1648x2892) Image search: [Google]
1465251717643.jpg
1 MB, 1648x2892
Hopefully never otherwise it'll continue the trend of being one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>70721787
>Draco asks Harry to use his position as Head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic to shut down gossip that a Time-Turner was used to allow Voldemort to impregnate Astoria, Draco’s wife, who gave birth to Scorpius.

Draco is a cuck
>>
>>70721852
>that image
That sure is some low quality bait.
>>
>>70721615
will she do a reverse michael jackson
>>
>>70722023
Maybe she should. She could use a bigger ass.
>>
>>70721787
Meanwhile, their parents are terrified and searching for the missing boys. Bane, the centaur, tells Harry that he has seen Albus in the movement of the stars. He says there is a dangerous dark cloud around him.
>Bane, the centaur
BANE?
>>
>>70722105
LOL epin dude
you can take this right back to tumblr!!
>>
>>70721938
And his son apparently wants to fuck a half Weasley/half mudblood girl

He would have been better off if Harry had let him die in the room of requirement
>>
>>70722136
>implying people banepost on tumbr
>>
File: hpmor-cover.jpg (41 KB, 292x475) Image search: [Google]
hpmor-cover.jpg
41 KB, 292x475
is this good fedorature?
>>
>>70722105
I'm not sure how I feel about the story. I like the characters, Scorpius seems like a rad dude. But this time travel shit is literally a rip off of Shrek 4. They were better off pretending those time-turners stopped existing and could never be replicated again.
>>
>>70723086
Pretty much.

Didn't Rowling even say that while she loved book 3's climax she always disliked the time turners as plot devices?
>>
>Albus, Scorpius, and Delphie sneak into the Ministry of Magic and steal the Time-Turner.

That's fucking pathetic. "Three kids break into the most secure location in the country and steal its most precious magical artifact." Unless they explain it by Hermione being a complete fuckup and dismissing all the security for some reason.
>>
i'd be hype as fuck if the original 3 did this in 10-20 years

if not then fuck it. other people in their shoes would be shit
>>
>>70722882
that is the biggest hunk of shit i've ever read
>>
>>70723254
Its for children you pedo
>>
I'm reading more of this "leaked" Cursed Child script and this cannot be right. It's a wholesale rip-off of the Butterfly Effect. How can this be real?
>>
>>70723236
Then why'd she use them?
>>
>>70723254
>"Three kids break into the most secure location in the country"

Did you read the seventh book, friendo?
>>
>>70723472
It's just as pathetic all the other times it happened.
>>
>>70720826
There's only been one good movie in the whole lot, why would you be excited?
>>
>>70723450
Because it was a cool idea at the moment but then the series became serious and "mature" and she tried to explain every single plothole of back when it was just a whimsical fairy tale which made her realize that having time traveling could solve a lot of the problems so she had them all destroyed in book 5 so there could be no more nitpicking about them.

But apparently she is now using them as the play's entire plot device.
>>
>>70723590
And Malfoy has a *perfect* version of the time travel toy, can't forget that. We Doctor Who now.
>>
>>70720826
in 20 years when people forget why they liked harry potter but not that they liked harry potter
>>
Probably a year or two

They know you drones will eat it up no matter what
>>
>>70723739
what will be the scapegoat when it sucks?
nerds?
misogynists?
manchilds?
piracy?
>>
>>70720826
Never redditfag
>>
It's so bad I can't believe it. This is a weird feeling
>>
>>70723788
They won't. again >They know you drones will eat it up no matter what

You all will be too busy spamming your social media feed with memories of your childhood reading the original trash and how lucky the children of now get their Potter shit

I mean this is assuming game of thrones ends before this happens and stops being the flavor of the month junk
>>
>>70720826
>hary names his kid albus severus
>draco names his kid fucking scorpious
>ron and herminone name their daughter rose
i wonder if the names where an attempt from rowling to avoid the saga getting a sequel until her other works failed and she had to go back for more potter money
>>
Scorpius seems likable. As do alt Ron, Hermoine and Snape. I'd rather stick my dick in a beehive than watch Potter family angst though.
>>
So the new trio is Harry Jr, Malfoy Jr and quidditch star Hermione?
>>
File: scorpius-smile[1].jpg (35 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
scorpius-smile[1].jpg
35 KB, 400x376
>>70721938
So, literally Farscape
What is it with Scorpiuses and being crazy half-breed pasty rapebabies
>>
>>70721787
>A play with several convulated time lines.
This is gonna end in a botch since people won't be able to follow what's happening.
>>
>>70724762
I still think it's a ruse, there is no way that would be getting good reviews or that Rowling would make a Voldy/Bellatrix baby
>>
>>70720826
When the original cast is old enough. Expect backlash for whitwashing Hermione
>>
>>70721971
it's a great image actually
I think it's 100% true
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.