[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most historically accurate Westerns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: cowboy-pictures-10.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-pictures-10.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
What are the most historically accurate Westerns?
>>
>>70709058
Deadwood
>>
The entire Western genre of motion picture demonizes Native Americans and paints their genociders as good guys.

Can you imagine being a Native American and having hundreds of films dedicated to portraying your people as simple, savage animals and justifiable targets of slaughter?

I watched The Searchers last week and was utterly fucking disgusted. I'm glad Westerns are dead.
>>
>>70709066
>CUNT NIGGER FUCK MOTHERFUCKER BITCH SHIT FUCKER FUCK SHIT: The show
>>
Cowboys vs Aliens
>>
>>70709086
>portraying your people as simple, savage animals and justifiable targets of slaughter
Oy na vay ooo Oy na vay ooo Hello brother Flaccid Snake, Howgh, let's rape and skalp some white womyn Oy na vay ooo what is alcohol?
>>
File: daniel.jpg (52 KB, 414x233) Image search: [Google]
daniel.jpg
52 KB, 414x233
>>70709058
>>
>>70709110
Actually true
>>
>>70709090
but it's actually accurate
>>
>>70709086
The American Indian fought and lost. Why should we feel guilty? Does the fox mourn the hare?
>>
>>70709124
No it's not you San Francisco cocksucker. The language is used to replace the sorts of religious cursing, as that sort of language wouldn't have any impact on todays audiences.
>>
3:10 to Yuma, sort of
>>
>>70709133
Feel guilty over breaking treaties. Getting beaten in battle and lying to prevent further losses.

There is no excuse for breaking oath.
>>
>>70709318
FUCK YOU FAGGOT THAT WAS LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO WHY SHOULD I GIVE A FUCK

UM, NEWSFLASH I DONT YOU REDMEN NEED TO DIE FASTER
>>
>>70709133
I hate analogies like this they are so fucking useless. We are not fucking foxes, and native americans were not hares. We are the same species. Stop being an edgy faggot.
>>
>>70709090
Suck my prick
>>
>>70709058
Brisco County jr.
>>
>>70709418
I'm a fox
>>
>>70709090
Anyone who doesn't eat his can of peaches sucks cock by choice!
>>
Are there any films from the point of view of American Indians?
>>
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
>>
>>70709086
Yeah there are western movies that are exactly as you described but not all. From what I can remember the good the bad the ugly, fistfull of dollars and a few dollars more didn't deal with that. Dances with wolves did the opposite of what you describe. Hateful 8 didn't.
>>
DEADWOOD the TV-series.

Probably later John Ford films? I'unno.

Anyone saying Leone or Clint are dead wrong. Those are films about films. Not films about the 1800-1900 west.
>>
>>70709086
>missing the point of The Searchers
>>
File: 1392743923282.png (98 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1392743923282.png
98 KB, 625x626
>>70709086
>pic related

Top Tier Westerns:
Unforgiven
True Grit
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
>>
File: image.png (182 KB, 257x325) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182 KB, 257x325
>>70709418
>>
>>70709086
This is probably bait but you've seriously missed the point of The Searchers if it's not. Try out some of Fords earlier movies like Fort Apache and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. You could also try stuff like Broken Arrow with Jimmy Stewart or Tomahawk with Van Heflin if you want more movies painting Indians in a good light.
>>
>>70709086
>their genociders
It wasn't genocide, it was evolution.
The chugs who couldn't withstand the new germs deserved to die.
>>
Whichever film has no women and the men sexually gratify each other occasionally. Probably Brokeback Mountain.

Y'all have to remember that the west was the most boring sausage fest ever.
>>
Blazing Saddles
>>
>>70709418
I believe the term is metaphor
>>
>>70709086
Did you actually watch The Searchers or are you just memeing m8 because that reaction seems way off
>>
>>70714284

Probably for a faggot like you. Most of us got laid.
>>
>>70713824
btw...

>the whites literally kept breaking treaties
>whites killed indians first.
>the indians where not the first ones to be hostile

and you say...

>its not genocide
>its evolution

since when the fuk cant it be both both m8?
>>
File: ghenghis.jpg (8 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
ghenghis.jpg
8 KB, 318x159
The Conqueror
>>
>>70714400
It's an analogy
>>
>>70709113
ever heard of wounded knee? top tier pleb. whites did savage shit too.
>>
I think Coen True Grit's script and dialogue is very natural and realistic for the time period. It manages to be funny and relatable without having to resort to modern speech. They're good screenwriters.
>>
>>70709066
Dubs confirms it.
>>
white ppl put piss inside there ears when they had an ear ache.

we are all savages niger
>>
Yojimbo is my favorite western
>>
>>70709281
It is accurate, though.

For example, read letters from the Civil War which would've been what, 10, 15 years before? 20 max? The almost Shakespearean language was very common at the time, though it took on a rougher aspect among the common men striving for their fortunes in the West.

Whereas most old Westerns depict women of the old west as virtuous homesteaders or noble saloon girls, Deadwood, for example, shows them as what they really are: complex characters who were driven west more to flee their personal demons than to seek adventure and saloon girls as what they really were, ie whores.
>>
>>70714461
That's an Eastern
>>
>>70709090
cocksucka detected
>>
>>70714691
>wounded knee

Australians killed emus
Americans killed indians

don't see the difference
>>
>>70714888

Well that means you have cognitive issues mate.

stop browsing /pol/ its for pseudo fags
>>
>>70709303
That's a fucking great movie.
>>
>>70715089
but i'm a faggot, not a pseudo one
>>
>>70715128
Original or remake?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.