[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lisa objectively, the worst character in The Simpsons? >self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12
File: Screen-55573.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Screen-55573.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
Is Lisa objectively, the worst character in The Simpsons?

>self centered
>always forcing her opinion on others
>never appreciates her hard working father who lives a miserable existence to support her ridiculous endeavours
>>
File: 1463742790685.gif (708 KB, 330x185) Image search: [Google]
1463742790685.gif
708 KB, 330x185
>>70708770
>Lisa given opportunity to do something, be it to improve her social standing, prove she's a stronk woman or achieve acedemic success
>Finds out by having to do this, she will need to give up her personal/family life, or her family will need to sacrifice something for her
>Realize in the end that all she needs is her family, so she decides to continue her humble and content life
>Bart/Homer get up to some hilarious shenanigans with this week's cameo in the background.
How do they keep getting away with repeating this formula so much?
>>
>>70708929
It's pretty clear that they're not getting away with it. Any Simpsons fan will tell you that the newer episodes are shit.
>>
>>70708986
That's not the vibe I'm getting from the pleb masses though, they seem to eat it up.
>>
File: Jug.gif (553 KB, 307x234) Image search: [Google]
Jug.gif
553 KB, 307x234
>>70708770
>Homer
>Hard Working
>Miserable

Nah.
>>
>>70708770
She was my favourite.
Not funny, a combination of a sad and innocent fedora girl. They ruined with the time
>>
Reminder that Matt Groening confirmed that Lisa was his favourite Simpsons Character.
>>
File: 1465627806890.gif (410 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1465627806890.gif
410 KB, 500x372
>>70709161

Listen to any episode commentary, all the writers think they're Lisa. Her character is something these people aspire to be
>>
>>70708770
she used to be great in the 90s. now she's the worst
>>
>>70708986
Simpsons is still immensely popular with the 11-17 demographic.
>>
>>70708770
I hated her the most in that vegetarian episode when I was a kid. What a waste of a good pig.
>>
>>70709161
>>70709399
There was this literal sperg top 10 Simpsons video about the worst episodes and the guy said "MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS LISA"

What about Lisa attracts autistic, over the hill white guys?
>>
>>70709015
Well that's why they're plebs.
>>
>>70709574
they show used to be focused on bart and now the focus of the show is solely on lisa
>>
>>70708770
Sounds like the typical 4channer
>>
Are there any good Lisa episodes? I'm racking my brain but I can't think of one.
>>
File: tvs dream job.jpg (234 KB, 578x1304) Image search: [Google]
tvs dream job.jpg
234 KB, 578x1304
>>70709574

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ovTp_djKnY

Stop the pain
>>
Lisa is utter trash. Would not give cummies to, t bh.
>>
>>70708770

I think she got pretty bad after tje vegetarian episode but only really went to shit after that Father's Day episode. Homer may have a terrible job but he's a lazy moron who shouldn't even have it and would rather spend all his time drinking, eating and watching tv, so Im not sympathetic to him either.
>>
>>70710453
>Including clip shows

Fucking. Idiot.
>>
>>70709863

Lisa's First Word
I Love Lisa
>>
>everyone else wants to have a BBQ
>Lisa steals their food so they couldn't eat meat
I would have slapped her shit so fucking hard.
>>
>>70709863
lisa goes gaga
>>
The biggest problem with the Simpsons, or really any show that outlived its freshness, is this:

The Simpsons was a show about a family that found absurdity in relatable situations and it turned into a show about absurdity that finds absurdity in absurd situations. The characters don't evolve, they become less and less complete as characters, they get boiled down to a few catchphrases and vague buzzwords about their character, like if a focus group was asked to describe Homer in ten seconds.

Married with Children met the same character death. It was a show about a family that eventually said "here are three adjectives about each character now let's get out there and make them the most extreme character these adjectives can provide"

They ran out of things for the family to do and abandoned character development and started making shows about hot topics. It's inevitable.
>>
>>70711949
It wasn't because she didn't want them to eat meat. It was because Homer was acting like a dick towards her.
>>
File: S05E12. Bart Gets Famous.avi.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
S05E12. Bart Gets Famous.avi.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>70712362
>they get boiled down to a few catchphrases and vague buzzwords about their character

Jokes becoming a reality are the worst.
>>
>>70712455
HAVE NO FEARS
>>
File: stories for years.png (70 KB, 662x910) Image search: [Google]
stories for years.png
70 KB, 662x910
>>70709015
Not anymore they don't.
>>
>>70712417
How?
>I want to force you to do what I want!
>No
>Fuck you you'll do it anyway
>>
>>70708770
>Is Lisa objectively, the worst character in The Simpsons?
That's like asking if my corn-filled shit smells worse than my peanut-filled shit.
They are both shit that stinks
>yes, plebs, I'm saying the Simpsons are shit
>>
>>70708770
She's Wesley Crusher for The Simpsons.
>>
>>70708986
I agree. Golden seasons were 3-10 or so IMO. What does everyone else think?
>>
File: shitpost.jpg (72 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.jpg
72 KB, 500x581
>>70713306
hah, literal shit post
>>
>>70713088
>we're nearing on a decade past the film
I thought for sure it'd be the end of the series
Eight more years and the film will officially be the halfway point in the series
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 355x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 355x337
>>70710551
You're not old enough to be here
>>
>>70708770
>never appreciates her hard working father who lives a miserable existence to support her ridiculous endeavours
That was really only true in the first couple of seasons, they're basically middle class at this point.
>>
>>70713088
WTF happened between seasons 11 and 12?
>>
why does she have hair for a head, marge has regular hair, but the kids don't. it freaks me out.
>>
>>70715180
they are supposed to be blonde
>>
>>70715180
she has blonde hair, same as bart
>>
>>70709574
Lisa is a nu male's ideal waifu. That's why the writers always paired her with Milhouse
>>
>people still fucking watch the Simpsons

WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE? WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY STILL DOING THIS? HOLY SHIT, STOP!
>>
>>70715150
Please I have to know
>>
Lisa and Marge aren't characters, they're the always-awful 'straight woman'.
>>
>>70715370
in my country the dubber for Homer died, Matt Groening was asked to choose between 2 who would replace him, he chose the shitty one, is like the corpse of the simpsons received a Frankenstein treatment.
>>
>>70708770
>Is Lisa objectively, the worst character in The Simpsons?

Yes. I didn't admit it / think about it when I was a kid, but god damn that cunt was UNBEARABLE. Even the first few seasons when she was relatively mild, she was still the worst Simpson.

>>70708804
First post best post.
>>
Lisa is the best character on the show.

I used 'Lisa is boring. Bart is cool' to spot plebs in middle school. If you grown adults think this then capeshit really is corroding people's minds.
>>
>>70708770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcB9KilQTdc
>>
>>70709563
Oh man, fucking THIS so much.

I literally wished someone would kill her after that. I bet that episode single handedly prevented the vast majority of children who watched it from ever becoming vegetarian (and that's good).
>>
>>70715956
found the nu-male faggot
>>
>>70715150
>>70715618

>Households
>Viewers

Come on, man. If you want the number of viewers of specific episodes, look them up. The highest rated episode is Bart Gets an "F", an S2 episode, estimated at 33.6 million viewers.
>>
>>70712362

Married with Children was nice because it was a human cartoon. The characters never had much depth to begin with so that's why the show actually improvd when it became silly.
>>
Why was Futurama so much better?
>>
>>70715150
nielsen switched from "households" to "viewers," so it's not really an apples to apples comparison.
>>
>>70716355
>>70716901
I didn't notice that, thanks.
>>
>>70708770
>he doesn't know what a straight man is

Why are you here?
>>
>>70708770
but she isn't exactly rewarded for those traits on the show is she?

shes isolated, perpetually depressed and implicitly deserving to be
>>
>>70712362
That happens to almost every long running comedy show.
I'm really glad that King of the Hill didn't went that path.
>>
>>70709574

>What about Lisa attracts autistic, over the hill white guys?

The fact that autistic, over the hill white guys tend to be SJW twats.
>>
>>70717258
That's weird, I'm pretty sure most "alt-rights" have Asperger syndrome.
>>
>>70712455

Bart and Homer's commentary on the Cosby Show ending was the single most prophetic scene in any television show ever.

Can't find it on YouTube. Anybody got a combined image with the subtitle dialogue?
>>
>>70717301

"alt-right" is a new bullshit term SJW's have come up with as an umbrella for anyone they don't like.

It means nothing.
>>
>>70717103
The Simpsons as a show is even aware of the problem. Bart's bout with fame as the "I didn't do it" boy is very much a commentary on how even successful comedy can go stale.

The Simpsons is currently in the woozle wozzle era of the show btw
>>
>flash forward episode
>Lisa is a well adjusted, successful upper middle class girl
>not a hard signalling dried up feminist hag with heavy vagina mileage
>>
>>70717441
I always saw Lisa as becoming a SJW Tumblrina dyke who hates men and dates women to rebel against society after getting drunk at a college party and blowing 3 guys, then feeling regret over it. Then she has a nervous breakdown at age 30, realizes she's not relevant anymore, and settles with Milhouse, living the rest of her life in mediocrity.

Bart, meanwhile, becomes a construction worker because he never took his education seriously as a kid. After a certain point, he realizes he wants more out of life, buckles down, and ends up becoming the head judge of the supreme court.
>>
>>70717651
New season Lisa I could see doing that but old season Lisa would actually work hard and eventually become president after 8 years of a trump presidency.
>>
>>70717796
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70717818
All I did was describe a plot of one of the Simpson episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hzRnwLTMfM
>>
>>70708986
I recently watched some of the old seasons I started at random with season 4, I just wanted to watch one certain episode there, but then over the next months I continued to watch episodes up to season 16 and I can, for myself, pinpoint the episode where it went to absolute shit, it's season 8 episode 23 Homer’s Enemy, season 8 has a few episodes before that I thought were not that great, but still good enough. I really disliked this one tough, I would say the main reason is that this is the first episode Homer changes from a lovable idiot father that tries his best, to a complete dick and jackass, then it declines really fast and stays at a mediocre level with occasional neat episodes in between.
>>
>>70709601
That's literally what they're there for.

And the simpsons is comfy for like 3 generations now...
>>
>>70717651
Chads like him may fall but they always land on their feet. Pesky social butterflies.
>>
>>70709516
it's been, so that's like 3 generations for 11-17 that's gone by watching thi shit loving it. hell when it started it was WAY more adult.
>>
>>70717872
>complete dick and jackass

Except Homer was a well meaning idiot throughout that episode.
>>
>>70713475
What a ground breaking and outside-the-box opinion you have
>>
>>70717867
>first straight women.
>>
>>70717867
It's weird when I think that bart is a girl.
>>
>>70708770
There was an episode where Bart scares Martin with a plastic spider or something and Martin gets so startled that he falls off a cliff and they think he's dead. Bart immediately wants to tell someone what happened but Lisa doesn't let him because she doesn't want it to affect her plans for the future. In the end it turned out that Martin was still alive but as far as Lisa knew at the time she was basically covering up a murder.
>>
Would The Simpsons be good again if they killed Marge? She's basically invisible and barely does anything remotely hilarious, I think it'd be an interesting story seeing Homer try the dating scene again, his friendship with Flanders becoming closer since they both lost wives and how it would affect the status quo.
>>
There was a balance in Lisa's episodes.

Lisa was usually right but albeit ended looking like a prick and alienating from the crowd. Meaning that she didn't have any friends and gets ridiculed by it.

Nowadays Lisa is always right and there is no comeuppance.
>>
>>70715216
>>70715307
Why are the Simpsons kids the only ones in the show with hair like this?
>>
>>70716529
I personally find Futurama more enjoyable but if you look at the SimpsonsQOTD twitter, Simpsons has far more memorable lines and moments.
>>
>>70708770
No
>>
She's the only realistic character on the show

A woman in a nutshell
>>
>>70708770
Lisa was the best character in the very early seasons when they actually let her be a kid with kid interests instead of a middle-aged leftie snob stuck in an 8 year old body

In the golden age Marge was objectively the worst character
>>
>>70718351

Marge is still the worst character
>>
>>70718486
I wouldn't know, lost interest somewhere around season 11 or 12
>>
>1994
>wow The Simpsons is GOAT show, I wish it would stay on forever!
>2016
>gets 2% of viewers 20 years ago, shell of former self, tainted legacy of earlier classic episodes
>>
>>70708770
>her hard working father
>>
>>70718912

Would've been better if it moved from story focused format to vignettes since I actually enjoyed the small segments like the one where Flanders is pissed his kids aren't going to church on a Saturday.
>>
Why the fuck don't you people understand that comedy ensembles need a combination of "staight men" and "funny men"? without a more 'grounded' perspective that you get from a Marge or a Lisa, the wacky antics of Bart and Homer just wouldn't work. they aren't bad characters, they're serving a very important function that makes the show's humor work. nippon has known this for centuries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai
>>
>>70708929
>Homer and Marge go through marital problems
>Find out they love each other just the way they are
>>
>>70718114
Because the show has changed how it looks a lot since the 80s and yet they can't change the original characters designs. This is also why only the characters from early on in the show have that weird beak stubble.
>>
>>70719064
>Manzai
>Not unfunny and stagnant as fuck
>>
>>70708770

When I was younger I really thought the future episodes were neat. But now I realize they were probably the worst episodes of the entire show. Didn't help that they kept retconning the old one whenever they made a new one.
>>
Women are often the weakest/worst characters in movies or TV series, prove me wrong.
>>
>>70717651
10/10, perfect fanfic for Lisa.
>>
>>70721720
>Women are often the weakest/worst characters in movies or TV series, prove me wrong.

same as real life. it checks out
>>
>>70722892
you are a beta
>>
>>70719073
not in the movie, and this helped a LOT
>>
>>70708770

>self-centered
She's a liberal who is concerned with human rights, animal rights, education, etc.
>always forcing her opinion on others
Just because she's become a liberal mouth-piece doesn't mean she has always been blunt with her values. Lisa the Vegetarian is all about her coming to an understanding that involves accepting other peoples rights to eat meat.

>hard working father
Homer is a lazy and negligent dad; see Lisa's Substitute
>never appreciates him
there are so many episodes that revolve around their relationship in a positive way.

>Lisa's Pony
>Lisa the Greek
>Lisa the Beauty Queen
>Lisa on Ice
>Lisa's Wedding

People like OP make me literally sick. You have to be such an infuriating retard to have these sorts of opinions. To mistake these sort of character qualities must mean you have some very belated development issues.
>>
>>70708770
she used to be great but now....

I just...
>>
>>70713475
3-8

1-2 were working out all the kinks, 9-10 were waning but had some gold left in them. 3-8 is the sweet spot. That stretch is completely unrivaled in television comedy history.
>>
So has anyone made a list of good episodes past Season 12?

I mean i imagine there has to be one or two
>>
File: dat steamed hams.jpg (22 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
dat steamed hams.jpg
22 KB, 400x291
Nothing will ever surpass prime Simpsons
>>
>>70723589
The Great Money Caper is one of my favorites, genuinely has some golden age vibes/
>>
File: vpdmle6c2pqkvccouxlm.gif (112 KB, 1400x450) Image search: [Google]
vpdmle6c2pqkvccouxlm.gif
112 KB, 1400x450
>>70719357
>>
>>70713475
Season 1 & 2 are the best, when the series had the most heart and charm. Anyone who doesn't include them as part of the Golden Age is literally a pleb
>>
>>70715370

I have a male friend who still likes the new episodes. I have several female friends who prefer the new episodes over the old, most because the old ones "are ugly".
>>
Marge is even worst
>>
>>70708770
She wasn't bad, being naive SJW was just part of her characterization and base for jokes just like Homer being choleric and dumb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnRt_JEoBRU
>>
>>70724563

S1 and 2 are not the best

They laid the ground work for sure but Seasons 3-8 took the show to heights no other show has ever seen
>>
>>70725541

Nah, S2 has some of the best episodes in it.
>>
>>70723792

>steamed hams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1h8cHUnP9k
>>
>>70725017
but
the old ones literally had better and more lively animation and the new ones are stiff and boring. the old ones had a fluidity only something hand crafted can have.

old ones objectively looks better.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.